Five Star Painting Employee Reviews

You are in charge of how you can make money
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 5, 2018
You are given a number of new clients in order to get paining quotes. You are responsible to create your own business contacts which is challenging but is also exciting. fun company to work for.
Pros
Working out in the field and meeting people.
Cons
No benefits
Five star is ok
Skilled painter (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLAugust 26, 2018
It's an ok place to work. The owner don't pay very well and there's no advancement. There's no benefits. You won't get a bonus or anything for Christmas.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Don't pay well
High Stress but it could work for you
SUB CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTAugust 13, 2018
I have been painting for a long time, and I’d say that I have a pretty good hold of what I need to do to be able to make things look goo. But I was working too slow apparently. Its a piece rate job so you get paid on what you finish, if you work insanely fast then this is great for you.
Taxing job with little compensation
Sales/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2018
Poor degree of communication. Company has a tendency to favor certain employees over others. Work strenuous hours at certain times, for overall low compensation.
Pros
Schedule flexibility.
Cons
Working hours had enourmous peaks & Valleys.
A call center job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 3, 2018
Working at a call center is working at a call center, hopefully not a carer job. it was hard because they didnt want you to do certain things during the day, very strict on how long breaks were. were great about working with me when parent died.
Awesome company
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 10, 2018
Five star painting is the way to go if ypur looking for a paint company we do commercial and residential paints they are very well mannered and very clean
Nice lonely workplace that doesn't pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 14, 2017
Typical day at work was, you could be doing anything from your regular painting job to putting in dry wall and mudding the place. I learned how to tape, sand, and paint properly. Management was usually pretty good. Workplace culture was that of any other construction business. The hardest part of the job was the owner being financially ignorant and not being able to pay his workers and then harassing his employees on how bad of a job they did when it was usually his mistake. The most enjoyable part of the job was the individual freedom that I had whilst painting apartments.
Pros
I got left alone
Cons
Lack of pay, disorganization, hostile work environment from owner
fast paced but seasonal
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2017
This is a very professional painting contractor who prides themselves on superior work. A typical day is scheduling job sites, answering phones, ordering supplies, accounts receivable, invoicing and scheduling estimates.The owners are very understanding and great people to work for. Not only are they your employer but they are also your friend and support you in anything that you do.The only hard part of the job is that it is seasonal.The most enjoyable part of the day is the finishing results on the jobs that we do.
Pros
fast paced, friendly atmosphere
Cons
seasonal work
Good place to work and great marketing, but lacking in project management and production.
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2017
My typical day is estimating 3 - 5 residential and commercial jobs and following up with prospective clients.

I have, however, had to step in on project management to make sure my jobs are completed in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job is having production and management not keep up with sales and the quality we advertise.

The best part of the job is meeting great people every day.
Pros
Nice people and nice work atmosphere.
Cons
Difficulty with production.
Very Pro active work environment.
Project Manager/Subcontractor/ Owner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2016
Work was enjoyable,rewarding when job was complete, especially when the customer the completed job.
Worked good management and workers. Usually worked alone.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
When economy goes bad work can be scarce.
Work is rewarding when the projects are completed.
Project Manager/Subcontractor/ Owner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 16, 2015
We get to job site, prep up the project. Then we stage material where it is needed, and station personel at areas of project and work until the project is completed to customer satisfaction.
Pros
Working for your-self
Cons
No Benefits.
Very productive and inviting enviroment.
Prep Painter (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would have been going to work on time and helping preparing to head off to our work site. We would hard and get as much done as possible and if we finished our assignment early we would go get another objective to complete. During my time there I learned how to operate various tools and learned to take care in my work and make sure I finish everything just as asked before moving on to the next task. My coworkers were always friendly and helpful and glad to lend a hand if anything were to go wrong even though it almost never did. The most enjoyable part of this job was the work, I enjoy and take pride in the fact that I get a thrill from doing hard work and putting effort in to doing my job right.
Great People with Great Visions
General Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Nice newer facilities with pool table in break room and an overall great place to work. Upper management had great visions on where they where going with the company and supported all areas of the corporate office. From the call center folks to middle management, marketing department, a
To all the upper management. Everyone was treated the same with the up most respect.
Pros
Good people, room for advancement
Cons
Smaller Company so benefits weren't all that great
Challenging
Estimator/Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2013
Enjoyed the position, chances for advancement..
Liked working with contractors..and customers
Perfect carreer
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2013
I manage all aspects of the company.
I recruit and evaluate potential employees.
Schedule daily workloads for each employee.
Bids and cost estimates.
Invoicing.
Pros
excellent work environment and great customers
Cons
no retirement
Painting
Painter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2013
It was a good expirence since I was new to tucson.
I paintined 8 hours a day and I enjoyed it cause I have always been painting most of my life. I started with my brother in our own company in petaluma, ca
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay
Great owners
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCAugust 15, 2013
I have enjoy working with Five Star Painting but unfortunately the work is not consistent enough for a full 40 hour week. I have enjoyed the customer interaction that this position has brought me, I have met some really nice clients. There is also no benefits associated with the position.
Pros
Good employer
Cons
No benefits