Five Star Professional Employee Reviews

Company culture is THRIVING
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 17, 2018
I've seen a major turnaround in company culture. Lots more positivity and traction is being gained!

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace of innovation!
Pros
Innovative
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 9, 2018
Great job, they have expectations for you as an account manager, but I feel they are very realistic. The only people who get let go are those who don't do their jobs. Great family culture. Management is always willing to work with you and make sure you're happy and have what you need to succeed
Pros
fun company outings, good leadership, realistic expectations, independence as an AM
Cons
sitting all day
Poor Management
Digital Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I arrived at the company while they were trying to figure out new strategies for keeping the company afloat. I sat through endless meetings, and meetings ABOUT meetings, but they didn't take anyone's opinions seriously and made layoffs based on who sucked up the most and who didn't. Morale was extremely low, and a monkey could do this type of graphic design.
Pros
Started with 15 days of PTO
Cons
No flexibility in shift
Official response from Five Star Professional
November 28, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. We apologize that you did not have a good experience at the company. Five Star Professional holds a high standard for our self and we are sorry to hear that standard was not met in your experience. The company is on solid ground and employee meetings are held only on a needed basis. For example, meetings will be held for team members to work towards a common goal and present pertinent information to other team members. We take everyone’s opinion seriously and treat everyone equally at all times. Thank you again for your feedback.

Poorly Run
Sales (Former Employee) –  EaganSeptember 8, 2017
Management was all over the place and not focused on the company. They paid well, but that was the only positive. The stress and constant changes due to lack of research and focus became too much and many employees complained constantly and/ or quit. The pay was not worth it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Complete chaos
Official response from Five Star Professional
November 28, 2018

We are sorry to see this employee did not have a good experience at the company. Five Star Professional has a strong management team that has been able to foster a focused, positive, and progressive work culture. Our employees are very important to us and we appreciate all feedback given.

Fun, fast paced company with a ping pong table.
Account Manager - B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 1, 2016
A unique product is offered to award winners in real estate, mortgage brokers and wealth managers. The program is beneficial to award winners. The objective is to get a hold of these people, explain how they won and show them how to leverage the award.
Pros
The sales team and sales supervisors are great people. Good pay.
Cons
Upper management has "tunnel vision" when it comes to clients needs and wants.
Not a great fit
Advertising Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 27, 2015
unfortunately i arrived during a time of unrest. Budget cuts led to team members being let go. Management embellished budget and let people go based on if they liked them as a person or not. Repetitive work, easy to fall asleep at desk
Marketing and research based company with fun employees
Fulfillment Manager / Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 19, 2014
Provide customer service, sales support, tracking in a fast paced graphics/ad production and layout design company. Greatest coworkers in the graphics department, basically a little family. The most unappreciated team is graphics.
Pros
Ping Pong Table, Casual Dress
Cons
Low compensation and advancement in the company
Five Star Professional Growth
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Five Star Professional conducts research with consumers, peers and industry leaders, to identify service professionals who provide quality services to their clients. Five Star award candidates also undergo a thorough regulatory review. Five Star Professional joins forces with city and regional magazines to make the research results available to consumers in more than 45 markets across the United States and Canada. Five Star Professional was founded in 2003 and is based in Minneapolis. I have been with the company for almost 4 years and have worked in 2 different departments and worked my way up to senior team member in both departments. The company has grown a lot in the years I have been here and growing along with the company has been a great opportunity.
A Very Rewarding Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 9, 2013
Ability to help professionals I work with to gain significant recognition, and business growth. A win-win for all involved.
Excellent position. Working with business leaders in the community.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2013
Built a working relationship with doctors, Lawyers and pother financial entities. Terrific envirnment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Professional. Our community is ready to answer.

Five Star Professional Reviews by Location