Five Star Senior Living Employee Reviews

Horrible.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Managment has double standards Say they care about all employees, but really only cater to favorites. Pay sucks hours sucks. Benefits are horrible. More often than not i was working off the clock 1 1/2 hours a day and imediate manager didn't care. Got the impressipn it was expected. Some employees were written up for certain things while others were not for doing exact same thing. The only good thing was pto payout. After over a decade working there still dont make enoigh to live on withpit a second job
Cons
This place should be shut down
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 17, 2019
During the interview they made it seem like it was a wonderful place to be employed at. For starters I had told them I had a second job and I would need to shift schedule as soon as possible, and my manager had given it to me literally Two weeks in from employment intentionally so that the other job wouldn’t continue to work with me because they were waiting on my schedule. So I lost another job that I was working because she didn’t give me the shift so I could never report. We were supposed to have Three days of training and only got two days of mediocre and I’m professional training. Not until I got on the floor and until I took a tour Of the dementia side that I was going to be working everything had unraveled. I literally was so weirded out about the staff that they had hired in there. And you know what they say you can tell the type of management it is by the quality of work or they hired. When I walked back into the facility there was tons of people yelling out for help and screaming. Of the dementia side that I was going to be working everything had unraveled. I literally was so weirded out about the staff that they had hired in there. And you know what they say you can tell the type of management it is by the quality of workers they hired. When I walked back into the facility there was tons of people yelling out for help and screaming That they wanted to get out of there. It was very alarming and literally as I was going to the tour it just got worse and worse far as the unprofessionalism and the lack of actual care that these people were getting considering that they’re  more... paying thousands and thousands of dollars a month to live here. They literally saved everything that you should know about a job until you got on the floor. And sugarcoated the interview and the training to make it seem like it was a loyal, Upbeat Place to work. Adding on to that they also had said that there is no shift differential so you get paid across the board no matter if you work morning, evening, or night and you as well do not get any of the benefits until after 90 days of employment. The benefits are terrible and way too expensive. And as well they literally had me working right after training and I told them I wouldn’t be able to work certain days and that they would have to work with me and they kept dismissing it and basically said if you call off it’s an occurrence. Soon as the training was done I got nothing but unprofessional unlawful disgusting management and being treated like a dog. I had asked them if the turnover rate was high during the interview and they lied and said that it wasn’t then when I got into the facility everybody was complaining on how they were shortstaffed and did not receive the proper care nor management. And again soon as I got into the door all the managers and executive directors turned a blind side to any questions that we had. It was so on organized and unprofessional that I question if this building and company should even be legally working. I’ve worked other care taking jobs before and this has by far been the worst and unprofessional experience And job management that I’ve ever received as well to majorly mention the pay is so little considering the fact that you are doing way more than just assisting living care. You are subject to possibly getting sick or catching stuff that the residents may have and you are getting paid like a dog Mind you if you call off There is a right off and you get in trouble for it no matter what if you got the flu or whatever. I read other reviews tonight after I had got a tour and I am literally seeing nothing but negative disgusting and unprofessional and similar reviews from my experience. So like others have said in the reviews I would definitely recommend.Not working here unless you have two as a last resort. They literally lie about every single thing and as well again as I said these people are not properly being taken care of and as it seems corporate is aware of that and they do nothing about it which I’d imagine that is very unlawful and not up to regulations including far as how these people are being treated. They had also told me that they take about one shower each week and if they want more they have to pay. We have to pay for everything all thing in there considering the fact that they are playing from $4000-$7000 a month to live there which is out rages considering the fact that they are getting treated unlawfully. I would literally write a whole essay on this if there was enough space but unfortunately there isn’t a point blank. If you do not have to work here please do not and seek other work it is not worth it nor is it worth to even put on your resume for a job experiences and from my view it seems as if it doesn’t matter what location the company is that they are all the same for his corporate management in the unprofessionalism.  less
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, short staffed, unlawful care taking, unprofessional and lawful management
no room for advancement, poor management, emotionally and physically toxic work environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 16, 2019
Do you dream of being walked all over, talked down to and generally treated like garbage? Would you enjoy a career in being a professional door mat or punching bag? Are toxic work environments your specialty? Then look no further! Meadowood retirement has everything you need to feel unfufilled in your daily life! But wait, if you can swing it they do currently offer Christmas bonuses though for how much longer we arnt sure, act fast!
Pros
Residents are nice
Cons
Favoritism, disorganized management and sketchy higher ups will overlook anything that doesn't concern them
Just Sad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 16, 2019
The absolute worst company I have ever been apart of. The Director is and always will be a clueless individual with no idea how to do her job. I feel sorry for the staff with so called leader in this building, it's not even funny. The staff is extremely under paid while this awful lack of management in the front office is catastrophic. Most of all, I feel sad for the residents. I would have to say this place has the potential of great things. But until the current Director is sent packing; this place will never succeed as even a good place to work. There are so many issues to even begin. Don't be fooled bye a smile. Trust me, look anywhere else to work.
Pros
Working with Residents
Cons
Current Director and low pay
Toxic work environment
Resident Assistant MC (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 13, 2019
I worked here for six months before I got fed up with upper management and quit. Shift wars, to missed meds not reported all the way to them messing up your paycheck every pay period. The residents are the only highlight, but not cared for properly.
Pros
Can always find more hours
Cons
Everything else.
Great work life balance
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasJanuary 11, 2019
Five Start Senior Living is a great company to work with. It has one of the best work life balances that you can ask for in the senior living world. We area always able to get what we need to take care of our residents and make sure that those we care for are taken care of the right way. I would highly recommend employment with this company at any level.
Pros
work life balance
Unprofessional
RA (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 4, 2019
I lasted about a month before deciding to leave Fieldstone. I made more serving tables part time than I did work 30+ hours on a $9 hourly. The employees were fun to work with, although the work ethic was very unprofessional. Talking bad about residents isn’t fun to hear. Complaining about transporting a resident is not ok. The management was even worse. Very unappreciative for the employees that have been there 5 years +, unappreciative for all staff actually. Would not recommend, save yourself the sanity.
Misleading, poorly managed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 26, 2018
When i went for an interview I was very excited. The Facility was beautiful. The red flags should have started waving in my face when they didn’t show me the area I would work in.
Orientation time and again I was super jazzed for my new job. And again didn’t see the red flags waving when the department head of my department didn’t come and orient my department. Other department heads showed up. Not mine.
Also was given a very abbreviated facility tour, but not extending to my Actual work area
(Dining/kitchen)
Day one of work, my only day.
The job was nothing like what I expected. The kitchen was disgusting and filthy. No one even showed me where the bathroom was! Or informed me of break times. Passed me from one trainer to the next with very little break time.
Worked me a double shift my first day.
Sprayed bug spray about 10 minutes before a dining time and it smelled horrible!
The list goes on and on. NOT RECOMMENDED
the forum at the woodlands.
Terribly managed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 18, 2018
Management had their favorites . Nasty nurses, very unhappy. Nurses backstab other people. Management not supportive. Management not very understanding.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Your Manager makes all the Difference
Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2018
Toxic culture across the board. Department heads are more concerned with ensuring Executive Director makes bonus than keeping minimum staffing and working equipment levels.
Pros
Experience
Cons
12+ hour days, one day off per week on salary
It was fun working there especially with being productive.
Server (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CADecember 15, 2018
I'm gonna miss working there to be honest because of the great employee benefits they did and employee appreciation and such. It was efficient getting trained there and having the other co-workers help you out to get things done together was amazing.
Pros
$3 lunches
Cons
No cons at all, really.
Horrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ILDecember 14, 2018
Very poor management, don't care about employees, food is awful, to much favoritism, and the RA r doing the nurses job. They will also cut ur hrs below 40hrs or more if u don't answer ur phone when they call, no On Call pay, like to work u anywhere 5-9days in a row
Much improvement needed, a good learning experience, but also physically and emotionally draining.
Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 12, 2018
Most important job ive ever had, and also the most responsibility ive ever had. It turned me into an adult.

I love my residents, and care about my coworkers.

I felt good about the work I did, and I've saved dozens of people's lives.

But there is no future for me in this industry.
Pros
Generous PTO, Love and care about my residents like family
Cons
Cant use PTO, physically and emotionally draining, not compensated fairly, extremely high level of responsibility, no empathy for the difficulty of having shift-work/rotating schedules, and feel powerless to make a difference.
Great Place to work
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 5, 2018
I was able to develop my culinary skill much further after starting at fountain view. the management is good to certain extent. overall it is a good place to work and learn.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
shaky management
It's been a great experience
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Godfrey, ILDecember 5, 2018
I've been working as a resident assistant here in Godfrey for a couple years.
I love my job and my DON has been a blessing to me she understands that we have a life outside of work to. She is very understanding helps when needed. The lead RA has also been so amazing. I feel that I've made a difference at my job and made alot of friends that I consider family. The management has been great down to my co-worker I've never had any issues working here an look forward to growing with this company.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
It seemed like a good job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somewhere caDecember 3, 2018
It seemed like a good job. There was a aack pf personelll at night to help with heavy residents. I gotta say I know its a job but minimum wage for taking risk of getting hurt if no one helps. Trust me there was time no one would help. Being stuck in a residents room when training because person training you like you can do it on your own. It makes me think alll centers are the same. Sadly poor residents. I guess memory wasnt for me and got overwhelming especially when they want to leave you alone with a whole area of residents whom you cant lift on your own. Dont get me started on the management you shouldnt be yelled at if you calling off or letting them know that you cant make it. So I shall of known better exactlly what I think. I was told evening times I kept getting thrown around morning and night.
Pros
The sweet residents who you see everyday..
Cons
management, older workers who think they can tell you exactly what to do or wear.
Working with elderly can be very rewarding
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with the elderly. Making them special meals for Birthdays or other reasons felt very rewarding. Staff was easy to work with. If pay was better I never would have left
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low wages
Best place I have ever worked
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 25, 2018
Once you get a pattern, everything falls into place. The managers are the best I have ever had. Unfortunately, they don't pay enough, even on full time.
Pros
free lunches and good benefits
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay
Provides wonderful care to Residents
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40504November 24, 2018
The Company has wonderful goals, provides EXCELLENT care for the residents. The communities are clean and well tended to. Internal advancement for employees is evident in several positions.
Pros
Fellow co-workers are awesome.
Cons
High turnover in management as well as staff.
Horrible
Former member (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 21, 2018
I work there for about three months , they over worked me i was doing about 80 to 85 hours per week. The managers care nothing about the co works nor do the HR management. Managers play favoritism,and treat everyone else like trash. Managers also steal from the company. The Co -workers are nice to some degree, they play friendly but will stab you in the back and find anyway to get your fired if you get on their bad side. When you try and speak to HR about the situation on hand they look the other way, There are people who work there that are drama filled and only care about them self no team, beside the drama and the lying and cheating, you get free food
Pros
free food
Cons
Drama, Stealing