Five Star Senior Living Employee Reviews

Worse place ever
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 18, 2018
Enjoyed the residents. Workplace full of gossip even by people in confidential positions. Learned nothing, lack of training. Corporate management is a joke. Some supervisors are ghetto. High school environment. No work life balance, just work..No holidays. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too many to list
Don't do it
N/A (Former Employee) –  Moline, IL Amber Ridge memory careNovember 15, 2018
Nurses don't care CNA's always on phones. All that five star cares about is money in thier pocket. Residents set in soiled clothes.Do not put your family member there.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Five star doesn't care about thier employees
Cut throat from CNA to Executive Director.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 15, 2018
Cna will do anything but work, will try to throw you and your license under the bus.

Other nurses don't show.

Management walks around/hides in office.

Marketing rents to anyone, even if the health of the individual is inappropriate for staff/facility.

Lawsuits abound!

Call Morgan & Morgan! They handle cases like this.
Pros
Food
Cons
Staff
Assisted Living
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJNovember 14, 2018
Its been a while since I last worked here. But as for job wise, it was decent. Not much to say. Clean assisted living facility. Regular shifts, Nice staff. Just wasn't the career for me.
Pros
Decent Job
Cons
Cant think of any
Horrible! Run while you have the chance.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNNovember 13, 2018
I know 2 people that worked here. They walked out because a nurse talked down to them. Always a nurse thinking they are better than anyone else. The management sided with the nurse on what happened and didn’t hear the 2 employees out on what happened and now those 2 former employees are not eligible for re-hire knowing they are short staffed and these 2 former employees are CNAs and hard working. They hire people that are only there for a paycheck and not because they actually care about the residents. They say no phones allowed on person while working but everyone has their phones on them all the time. The place is a JOKE. Only wants to pay CNAs 9.38/hr. I wouldn’t recommend it as a place to work or to put ANY of my family in. It’s HORRIBLE. Always feel as if you’re in High School again with all the drama there.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Drama. BAD management
Not recommended to my worst enemy
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 6, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. The management is poor and they are very understaffed because they don’t know how to treat employees. They could care less about you as a person all they care about is you showing up for work.
Pros
Helping residents feel happy
Cons
Everything else
Fun famliy detailed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 5, 2018
Fun fast paced family respected company. As much as I love it here, its time to move on to another company for a competitive salary. I'll always have nice memories about working here.
Bad environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick MarylandNovember 3, 2018
Don’t work at Somerford in Frederick md. Poor management, rude employees, unorganized. A lot of drama feels like your in high school again...............
Old building
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 31, 2018
Place is very old and outdated, DON was overbearing but the management was fair and understanding . Orientation was disjointed main complaint would be the facility is old and outdated
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Old building
Management is horrible and not fair to staff
(RA)Resident assistant (Current Employee) –  Sterling IllinoisOctober 31, 2018
Amazing residents but management is terrible it use to be a great place to work then they switched managers you are treated like a dog very unfairly they constantly change your schedule make you work swing shifts they do not care if there staff have a family life the corporate company is just as bad they don’t obey the assisted living rules and regulations or listen to staff when they say a resident has gotten too hard they have no equipment for residence that should be in a nursing home setting but expect us to take care of them
Pros
Amazing residents
home health aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
the job is enjoyable, you meet and connect with the residents and staff and assist them with daily needs, the hardest part of the job is leaving them at the end of the day to go home
Not much room to advance
Food Services Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 20, 2018
Five Star was the premiere place to work when I started there, I enjoyed my time there but advancement opportunities were few. The management team was very close knit and worked very well together
Don't bother
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 15, 2018
Work there a almost a year with no staffing within the kitchen constantly working doubles for weeks with only one day off. Not worth it trying to build a culture when the culture is broken. You must sacrifice yourself to the job and everything else comes second
Pros
Being around the seniors
Cons
Working long hours
nuca
Skilled Nursing Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 11, 2018
Once upon a time not long ago, old people wore pajamas and lived life slow. One love so let's get together and feel alright. Hear the children crying.
Negative work environment
Food and dining director (Former Employee) –  Morningside of springdaleOctober 9, 2018
The company doesn't have a care for the staff. If you're salary you're expected to be there around the clock. Your quality of life will be horrible outside of work. The negative working environment is stressful. Pay is minimal. Staff turnover is ridiculously high because none competitive pay. And when you're ready to leave and you try to do it by the books, putting in two weeks, they'll tell you they require a month notice. You rearrange your training at your new job to coincide with this 'policy' making yourself look unreliable to your new job and then after the first two weeks is complete they'll send you on your way and not let you finish out your second 2 week's. Five star is far from the name this company should have.
Cons
Healthcare premium is ridiculously high. Pay is minimal. Negative environment.
Worst experience of my work life
Rehab director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2018
They get manager position for salaried and constantly torture the employees day and night through texts and personal emails. Their work environment is really stressful and higher management bullied in nature.
The policy is so convinienyly used for their benefits and unclear PTO. Can be stolen any time by higher management.
HR team is really weak and not supportive to employees.
I would not recommend anyone to work with FiveStar Ageility Rehab.
Pros
Not found any so far
Cons
Many as mentioned above
this place is a joke
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 2, 2018
I worked here for a month and I hated it. Everyone thought they were the boss. This place had no supplies what so ever. The "mangers" seem like they don't care. When I tried to tell them somethings I thought was important, they brushed it off and also told me I was too aggressive. I guess me caring is too aggressive. Then they blamed me aggressiveness from where I was from (New York) lol I left and didn't look back.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Warm, inviting atmosphere that strives to be the very best at customer service and staff relations
Assisted Living Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Served as Assisted Living Administrator for over three years before relocating. Staff are outstanding, and are what sets the culture of Calusa Harbour head and shoulders above any community around. The camaraderie between managers and line staff is unparalleled. Residents and staff are like family, and the food is outstanding.
Highly recommend Calusa Harbour as the premier senior living in Fort Myers area and as a place of employment.
Pros
Resident interaction, Staff relationships
Stressful and Chaotic
Resident Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Wonderful residents and beautiful facility, however management is terrible and staffing levels are always low, you never know what your walking into when you clock in. Upon shift change it is not required that you do rounds with the CNA who is starting their shift. When its time to go everyone just clocks out. The hardest part of the job is this is supposed to be an assisted living facility but some residents seem to require more care than what can be provided in an assisted living setting. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in the lives of residents and making them happy.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Short staffed
Terrible management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 23, 2018
Terrible unprofessional management... unfair treatment of staff and residents. Some staff unprofessional boarding abusive. Not at all a good place to work esoecially if you care for others