Five Star Senior Living Employee Reviews

Worst home in Canon City Colorado
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COJuly 18, 2018
The management gets paid very well. If you work the floor dont expect to get paid enough to live and pay bills. Management will also pay staff with less experience more than if you have experience. If you are a newby not a bad place, but if you know what you are worth as a nurse or aide stay far away.......oh and they will tell you raises are coming, but it is a lie.
Pros
Cons
Pays CNAs minimum wage literally
Productive, loved the residents
Server (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 15, 2018
Good place to start off work and get job experience. Started working there my senior year in Hugh school and I loved the experience I got since it was the first job I ever had
Loving Residents, Awful Staff Members
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 9, 2018
I have worked for Five Star for many years. In the serval years I’ve been there I’ve seen numerous employees come and go due to treatment from the management. Management stays in the offices and very seldom interact with residents. This facility has serval cats and one dog, the management team cares for the animals more than employees and even residents. Many residents have complained to me of that specific issue and management turns a blind eye. Pay is unfair and you definitely don’t get payed enough for what they ask of you here.
Pros
Free lunches, the residents
Cons
pay, benefits, treatment of employees, lack of supervision when needed, self-centered management, unfair hours, unattainable work goals
nice residents, horrible mgmt.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJuly 5, 2018
I would not recommend working at this particular establishment. The company does not compensate you well enough to do all the work you are assigned to do.
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Horrible mgmt, selfish co workers, gossips
Bad Management, Drama, Poor Teamwork and respect of fellow employees
Nursing (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJuly 3, 2018
Had a very bad experience with this company that almost cost me my license due to retaliation issues. The company does not back its employees. The job was a toxic atmosphere, do not get me wrong as with any job you have good coworkers and bad ones, it was just my experience to have enough bad ones to ruin it all.
Pros
Work, life ratio
Cons
Management, lack of teamwork, corporation
Very friendly coworkers
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 29, 2018
I have worked for Five Star for over a year and it is one of the best places I have worked for. The executive director is very fair. DON is a team player.
Pros
Good benefits, great coworkers.
Cons
Losing residents
Five star home health care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 27, 2018
It was okay. Hard stuff to do. I learned about how to get along with others and how to fix certain food. Management was good. Dealing with different clients. Get to know more people
No room for advancement, great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCJune 21, 2018
I loved my job. I was the receptionist/conceirge for the community. The residents were great. However, there was absolutely no way to advance into other positions.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No room for advancement
I would never recommend this job unless management changed
Housekeeping/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJune 18, 2018
The people were nice and employees but the problem that made this job stressful was the management. They are very unorganized and had me working doing free maintenance work promising me I could be promoted to Maintenance Manager. So I ran like a chicken with his head cut off all day every day doing housekeeping and maintenance both with only pay for housekeeping. I was told I had to do this to prove my self to be worthy of the position, This includes me installing Toilets, some pipes under a sink, painting rooms, and wall paper removal, among other things. When time for position to be filled he said I wasn't qualified because the first application I filled out was for Housekeeping and not Maintenance. So I said then I would like to file an application for the position and I was denied Because he said he needed me in housekeeping. STEER CLEAR of this Facility
Pros
nice employees
Cons
management is terrible
Very nice place to work.friendly enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort myers flaJune 8, 2018
Worked here for several years.nice environment .residents are well kept.you can also see the happiness around the entire building.this is a place where family.residents.employees will be proud to leave there family members.they would be in good hands they have bus rides for enjoyed pleasure also bus ride for appointments.games thru out building.music.also birthday gathering monthly.
Pros
Lunch program offered to employees
Cons
Leaving

Want to know more about Five Star Senior Living?

Ask a question
Mt. Arlington Senior Living
Program Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 22, 2018
I have been working for the community for approximately 8 years we are like a family here. We get to know each and everyone of our
residents and families. The residents at Mt. Arlington Senior Living are happy and think that this was the best discussion they and their family made.
Pros
Very Accomadating
Cons
not enough staff nursing
A great place to work but they do not pay great
Dietary Aide and Conceirge (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJMay 19, 2018
This is my favorite job that I have ever had, the employees are amazing, you all become a family. The residents are very caring and understanding and are always there to listen and help you. Although I loved working here the pay wasn't that great which is why after a year and a half I am looking for a new job.
My first coorporate expirience
Payroll/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 14, 2018
It was a very good experience to work for such a big company. I was in charge of processing payroll for employees through out the nation. Also to respond benefits concern and promoting safety at work place
I enjoyed the residents and staff
Administrator (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMay 7, 2018
A typical day for me was ensuring that staff were providing quality of care and that residents and staff were happy. I learned that their are many different unique and experienced people in the world. The hardest part of my job was losing residents to death and dying. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the residents everyday.
Resident Assistant
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 3, 2018
Caring for our elders is something special. When the census goes down from natural causes or people moving elsewhere it effects our hiring and there are many times we come up short-staffed.
The management on the premises is good and caring.
Pros
Nice residents. Nice management on premises.
Cons
Short-staffed much of the time.
Needs management overhaul
Accounts Payables Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 28, 2018
When I started there it was a nice place to work, then slowly with changes it all went down hill. Management could care less about their employees its all about the bottom line. They make horrible decisions that affect their employees make their jobs harder, but they dont care. In my opinion there are certain people in management should be let go time to bring in new blood. The accounting dept is the worst, they prefer to keep bad employees then hire good ones. I would never recomend this place to anyone not even my enemy.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday
Cons
Everything else
Five Star Senior Living
Regional Director of Health Services (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 17, 2018
Typical day is long, learned a lot about policies and procedures and the necessity of keeping them up to date. Workplace culture is difficult. Long term care is hard and dealing with the changing culture of regs is even more difficult.
It was a nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 18, 2018
My day at five star was always smooth, I learned alot about old people, the management there were straight forward, the hardest part was trying to satify the residents, and the enjoyable part was watching them play games.
Was very comfortable working there
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winterset, IAMarch 16, 2018
Team work was top notch. Loved my work family. Would have stayed if they would have worked with me more. Felt everyone was in it for the residents. Will go back if rehireable.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Favoritism.
Enjoyable job
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2018
The residents at Five Star have come to a point in their lives where assistance is needed, some need more than other just need routine help with medications. Each every resident makes it a different experience for everyone that works there. I enjoyed my experience there.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
It xan get very nasty