Five Star Senior Living Employee Reviews

Rate Lower then a 0
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WISeptember 17, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work here. management is horrendous - they never work with you, you have tons of jobs. charting is ridicoulous -- you are never trained. HONESTLY WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED
Pros
you get a paycheck
Good company with good benefits
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 15, 2018
Good benefits, usually low-key upper management. Not usually high pressure. Work collaboratively with management in the buildings. Need to do more to offer growth opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Growth opportunity lacking
Run!!! Not an employee friendly company!
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 10, 2018
First thing was orientation. We got there on time and had to wait up to an hour for someone to acknowledge us. Very short of staff! You don’t receive your check on payday!!
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Everything!
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, NESeptember 8, 2018
I love the residents and staff at times it can be stressful, when staff call in, but that is the problem everywhere. DON is hands on and comes in to help out if needed. Great benefits. I really enjoy working there a d making a difference
Pros
Wage. Management.
Cons
Meals.
Stress work environment
Houskeeper (Former Employee) –  Sun City, ArizonaSeptember 5, 2018
Working here was stressful and management was so rude. Discrimination was what made me leave. Overall residents were what made the work environment less stressful.
Pros
$3 dollar lunches
Cons
Rude management, supervisor had preferences
Great Place to work
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 4, 2018
A great place to work. Give Regional's autonomy in day to day business.
Strong management team, good benefits, great goals and vision and values. Culture is good.
Pros
Good corp support
Cons
room to advance
Care Manager
LEAD CARE MANAGER, MED TECH (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
Management was absolutely terrible. Management doesn't care about what goes on wither it has to do with employees threatening other employees or inadequate care given to residents.
Typical Day At Morningside
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 29, 2018
Typical day at Morningside of Wilmington is HORRIBLE! Management talk to you like you are a kid, threaten you if you don't stay over(next shift is short staffed). They really don't care if you have other employment, a sick kid/parent or anything. It's their way or the highway. Once you accept employment there, you basically signed your life over to them. It's no room for advancement unless you suck up to their demands. Only enjoyable thing about Morningside is the RESIDENTS! I get up everyday to look forward to them, they were the only one who kept me sane in that place. The activities were OUTSTANDING. Some co-workers were pleasant to work with but management wasn't. Prepare yourself if you want to sign your life over to the military(Morningside).
Pros
Residents and Co-workers
Cons
Management, Low Pay, Benefits
Do not work there
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cumming gaAugust 29, 2018
They are an aweful place to work to much work for the pay ! One person was in charge of doing 4showers 3bed changes and 6 loads of laundry on top of personal care of residents and serving meals it would take three hrs to clean up after meals answering call lights and supervisors screaming at you over the call system that you needed to be faster .
Judge a person on outer appearance
nothing (Current Employee) –  everywhereAugust 29, 2018
it is a lot drama and corporate do not care anything about its employees whose at the bottom of the totem pole, poor wages, work you like a dog and management are not team players.
Pros
Cons
poor everything
Caring place
Nursing (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 25, 2018
Great place to work. Management works with you. C.N.A 's and nurses care about the residents. Busy steady pace but with team work goes by fast. Have fun working with co-workers
Pros
Team work
Cons
Seeing residents pass away
the most pleasant place to work..
Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIAugust 23, 2018
on my search for a job, im thankful that i was able to get an interview here and be hired on here. this is the most pleasant and clean facility I've ever worked for. With every job , you have your ups and downs, pros and cons, Overall, I enjoy preparing and cooking for the residents and this facility. Its a pleasure. Thank you Five Star Senior Living,
Would Recommend
Assistant Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 22, 2018
Worked at a Five Star Community and I was able to maintain a work life balance. The company offers competitive wages, health insurance and PTO. The biggest negative is salary employees did not receive holidays.
Pros
Residents and compensation
Cons
No holidays
Texas - RDO poor example to follow
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
Five Star Senior Living has its communities divided into regions. Each region is managed by a Regional Director of Operations. The Regional Director of Operations for the Texas region is a poor supervisor who leads through harsh verbal intimidation. Senior leadership was well aware but apathetic to the concerns of the region Executive Directors. Many of the regional staff also answered directly to this RDO and failed to address the issues brought to their attention because they were also intimidated by the possible wrath that may follow. I would look elsewhere for employment opportunities.
Messy, high expectations in short amount of time with poor pay
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNAugust 20, 2018
It may be slowly getting better but at the moment it’s a mess and no matter how hard you try to do anything and focus on your responsibilities you are always having to pick up someone else’s slack and almost expected to do this just to make things run smoothly. I don’t recommend it as an employee or anyone’s family member
Pros
Making a resident happy.
Cons
Short lunch break, poor pay
Newly Renovated Facility
Bridge to Rediscovery Program Director (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 9, 2018
Great company to work for! Wonderful staff and management, on the corporate level as well. Loved working with the memory care residents. A nice facility to place a family member into.
Assistant Living Life
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 8, 2018
I worked all 3 shifts in the beginning at five star. I learned how to float through the building as needed and I learned how to supervise when short staff.
The most difficult part of my job was when the my dementia patients would fight staff and hurt us. A patient attacked me and injured me causing a lot of pain and surgery.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient's dancing and singing while talking about there day of there pass.
Pros
Overtime and loving my job.
Cons
Injuries
Horrible place
Residents Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 6, 2018
Black mold everywhere low pay and management doesn't care at all about residents or employees the memory care unit (btr) floods everytime it rains and the whole unit stinks of mold mildew in all of the carpet just disgusting don't take your loved one there
Pros
Residents
Cons
Room for improvement
Medical Records/Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NEAugust 4, 2018
Corporate always wants answers, but when we try to reach out it takes nearly weeks for an answer. This only seems fair. The current facility in which I work has excellent communication and we depend on one another when this happens.
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 2, 2018
I love working here, everyone is really nice and I enjoy my job. Also, getting hired here was the best thing that ever happened to me because it gave me the chance to help people in need.