Five Star Staffing Employee Reviews

Flexible schedule
Backs up their employees
Caring and understanding staff
Easy to contact recruiter
They offer to renew CNA license when working with them
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Transportation
Great agency
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2018
Coming from school went to them and got hired with the place i wanted to go which set me up to be a LPN today. ITS staffing agency that send you wherever you wand to go
Pros
always had a job ready
Cons
at that time no medical benefits
Great place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Great place to work at for at for temp work or and extra way to make money on the side while working at other jobs, Management is on top of things and are understanding.
Oder Entry
Order Entry Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 19, 2018
The president of 5 Star Staffing is awesome and very understanding. I could have had much better training on my assignment but overall i had a great experience and i appreciate the opportunity to development new skills.
Pros
Perks and Pay
Cons
I didn't really have much training on my assignment.
Learning Environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2018
In this position I worked with a team of Nursing assistant to expedite a set of tasks throughout the day. The staff cared about the emotional well being of the clients.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no advancement
Stessful and always short staffed
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Was too stressful and caused me to have health problems. Always short staffed so your working yourself to death. Cant apply to the actual facility until after 2 years.
Fun, Quick Paced but hours can be hard to come by
Event Attendant, Server, Prep Team (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2018
It is an amazing place to work. The management team is amazing, coworkers were fantastic and the pay was not bad. Problem was not enough hours during the slow times.
Pros
free meals, good pay, fun people
Cons
poor hours
Worker (Current Employee) –  416 shiloh drDecember 6, 2017
I Would not get payed fairly and worked long night shifts. I would perfer a more stable job in regards to the schedule and pay. Other than that i would recommend to find fast work.
Keeping the Pods on schedule
AR Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 30, 2017
assisting customers regarding billing address changes, billing issues, and payments. Working with other departments to make sure the customers moves are smooth and successful also working on the back end making any necessary billing adjustments to the customers account to insure that they are being charged fairly and the agreed quote prices.
This is a temp service.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 21, 2017
I believe the place no longer exists. I worked there roughly ten years ago, and my experience was good. The employees were friendly and helpful, and found me a good job to temp in.
Good start
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2017
If you are a new grad looking to get experience, this is a good start. Most coordinators are very good and HR as well. No raises for cna' s, and low pay. Sometimes you get hours sometimes you don't. Unstable, nonetheless good start.
Cons
No advancement, no raise.
What it like working at FiveStar
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 14, 2017
I liked working here they place you fast
Nursing homes are great
The harest part for me was working double and when one of my resdeints past away ( i cried like a baby) or when one of your residents leave
The nurse aids was very helpful when i started working there
i love my resdients .. they mad my day they was famliy to me
golf learning
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be to get patients in and out of bed. learning to get patients feeling comfortable. The mangement will be to get people to do the work suffficently. workplace culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the job is to get patients in and out of bed. the most enjoyable is to get patients ready for doctor appointments
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good agency to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11219September 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. Staff are ready to assist any time. They offer you job placement right away. i will recommend five Star to friends and family.
Pros
24/7 customer Service
Cons
no good wage
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Great company to start working as a cna they hired me as a new graduate and they gave me that opportunity and advance in my healthcare career. It was a great place
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low salaries
Work work work
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2017
5 star stafffing was a great learning experience for me. I met the most amazing people there. We truly worked as a team, we had a lot of recruiter to do and we got the job done.
Work-Family
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 20, 2017
When I worked with Five Star that's just what we were, Five Stars. We have the best employee working with us, and an amazing upper management team. I'm so blessed to have had this job working with amazing hard working passionate people.
Unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, NYJune 29, 2017
Very unorganized company my paycheck was always messed up with payroll also my schedule with working,Learned a lot working at the nursing home , the hardest part of the job was unfriendly coworkers that didn't want to work as a team
Great!!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2017
Great Place to learn straight out of graduating Nursing school. They work with you and help you. Endless amount of support and I'm grateful for the experience.
fast-paced, great events
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
It is a really busy industry, but this company is well known and respected in this line of work. they cater nothing but top events. but it is a fast paced industry so you must keep up