Five Star Staffing Employee Reviews

Would not reccommend
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2019
When I started I was promised a raise after 90days that didnt happen. The person over me only reached out to remind to call them and not where i was assigned if i call out but for what y’all didn’t care because they would wait till 12p to call the company and inform them. Now here it is W2 time and they are a payroll company i ask about W2 and got a dry answer smh
Pros
Cons
No benefits, not helpful
stay away from this gem
Director of Recruitment and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2018
Terribly unorganized management and chauvanistic policies. Women are treated terribly. Very shady practices going on daily. Employees that are not observant of the faith or dont follow it like the owners are are treated differently and poorly.
Pros
Cons
mentioned in review
Fun Place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 31, 2018
Great staff and good environment. I learned a lot new skills everyday. The patients and their families make my job very enjoyable. My typical day at work is very interesting.
Per diem
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2018
Flexible schedule
Backs up their employees
Caring and understanding staff
Easy to contact recruiter
They offer to renew CNA license when working with them
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Transportation
Okay environment work.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, NYAugust 12, 2018
okay environment to work depend on what facility they place you to work some place because you're from agency they abuse you. And the pay is very little.
Oder Entry
Order Entry Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 19, 2018
The president of 5 Star Staffing is awesome and very understanding. I could have had much better training on my assignment but overall i had a great experience and i appreciate the opportunity to development new skills.
Pros
Perks and Pay
Cons
I didn't really have much training on my assignment.
Great agency
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2018
Coming from school went to them and got hired with the place i wanted to go which set me up to be a LPN today. ITS staffing agency that send you wherever you wand to go
Pros
always had a job ready
Cons
at that time no medical benefits
Great place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Great place to work at for at for temp work or and extra way to make money on the side while working at other jobs, Management is on top of things and are understanding.
Learning Environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 13, 2018
In this position I worked with a team of Nursing assistant to expedite a set of tasks throughout the day. The staff cared about the emotional well being of the clients.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no advancement
Fun, Quick Paced but hours can be hard to come by
Event Attendant, Server, Prep Team (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2018
It is an amazing place to work. The management team is amazing, coworkers were fantastic and the pay was not bad. Problem was not enough hours during the slow times.
Pros
free meals, good pay, fun people
Cons
poor hours
Stessful and always short staffed
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Was too stressful and caused me to have health problems. Always short staffed so your working yourself to death. Cant apply to the actual facility until after 2 years.
What it like working at FiveStar
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 14, 2017
I liked working here they place you fast
Nursing homes are great
The harest part for me was working double and when one of my resdeints past away ( i cried like a baby) or when one of your residents leave
The nurse aids was very helpful when i started working there
i love my resdients .. they mad my day they was famliy to me
golf learning
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be to get patients in and out of bed. learning to get patients feeling comfortable. The mangement will be to get people to do the work suffficently. workplace culture is very diverse. the hardest part of the job is to get patients in and out of bed. the most enjoyable is to get patients ready for doctor appointments
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good start
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2017
If you are a new grad looking to get experience, this is a good start. Most coordinators are very good and HR as well. No raises for cna' s, and low pay. Sometimes you get hours sometimes you don't. Unstable, nonetheless good start.
Cons
No advancement, no raise.
Productive staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 21, 2017
Always have shifts available, Volunteering shows initiative and leadership skills, both things managers look for in valuable employees.Managers appreciate an employee who not only owns his mistakes, but also understands how to make sure they don’t happen again. When admitting to a mistake, be sure to follow it with a comment about how to avoid a similar situation in the future, to show you’ve learned from the gaffe.
Worker (Current Employee) –  416 shiloh drDecember 6, 2017
I Would not get payed fairly and worked long night shifts. I would perfer a more stable job in regards to the schedule and pay. Other than that i would recommend to find fast work.
Simple and easy to apply and begin working, but once hired, there's no support or benefits.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 20, 2017
It's a good start because it's easy to apply and become hired. However, once you're hired, there's no support, no staff advocacy, or benefits. They don't give raises. Sometimes you have to chase your check, or have incidents where your paycheck bounces.
Pros
Easy to start, and plenty of available work hours
Cons
Horrible work conditions and staff relations at work sites.
Amazing Company to work for, provides great work/life balance
National Director of Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2017
As an employee of this company, I cannot say enough GREAT things about the culture, the people or our mission to help employees find successful long term careers!

We have the most AMAZING clients and candidates who make us feel so appreciated! I am thankful for the opportunity to work at 5 Star and make a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Clients, & Candidates- Great Moral
Cons
What Cons???
5 Star Staffing Solutions Earns My 5 Star Rating!
Administratin (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
My experience with 5 Star Staffing has been nothing short of amazing! The staff is very knowledgeable about the job market and will provide candidates seeking employment realistic expectations to make the process seamless. The recruiters take the time to find the "right" job. As a result, I secured full time employment with an excellent company. I would not hesitate to recommend 5 Star Staffing Solutions.
Customer Service Representative
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 9, 2017
5 Star Staffing has helped me find a job that was a perfect fit for me. The rep I worked with listened to my needs, desires, abilities and found a position for me that was fulfilling as well as offered me the life /work balance that is so necessary. An important job of a recruiter is to really listen & understand the applicant. 5-Star does just that. They have my 100% endorsement.
Pros
Great to work with
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.