Five Stones Research Corporation Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Computer Operator III (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 9, 2018
Five Stones has a great team at their Headquarters who are working to constantly help their employees succeed. It is a great company to be a part of and nice to know that there really are good companies out there who care.
Pros
People, pay, benefits
Cons
Career advancement
Overtime and Job Duties
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALOctober 9, 2018
There is a lot of required overtime for this job.
Job duties are not clearly outlined.
Tasks vary from day to day.
Very fast paced and can be stressful at times.
Great company to work for
Senior Maximo Technical Team Lead / Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 12, 2018
I loved my time at 5SRC even though I was there as a contractor for several months. Would love to work for them again. This is a good company and the upper management are great to work for.
Not a Great Company
Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALApril 17, 2018
I was handed off to 5SRC from another employer when the contract changed. When 5SRC took over, they chose not to give SCA (Services Contract Act) employees their vacation until their anniversary date, even though no other contracting company before them did this. This amounted to many employees not being able to take vacation for 3-12 months (mine was 8 months, even though I had worked in the same position for 10+ years). When the SCA employees complained, management told us that they were simply following the law. While this is true, the law also states that employers can allow employees to accrue vacation, which is what every other contracting company did. Although 5SRC management COULD have allowed us to accrue vacation, they CHOSE not to. This created a hardship on many employees, especially since the contract changed prior to the Christmas holidays. I found another job within 2 months, and I now receive 19 days of accrued vacation time.

The only positive that I have to say about them is that when the old contract ended on a Friday, 5SRC made sure that the employees were covered by insurance starting on Saturday, so that we would not be without health insurance over the weekend. I was impressed by this, but overall, I was still dissatisfied with the company.
Pros
no lapse in insurance
Cons
treatment of SCA employees and vacation
Work day
Ammunition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsboro, ALApril 12, 2018
A typical work day has you show up, go to meetings, and from then on you never return to the office. You will spend majority of your time in the truck and waiting for other projects to begin or end.
cc
Corporate Director of Logistics/Aviation SME (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2018
good bunch to work for I had zero problems
They know the people make the company
Mgt easy to deal with, the people are fairly relaxed, location is awesome
Short Stint
Quality Improvement Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 30, 2017
The benefits and culture was outstanding though I did not enjoy the longevity expected. There were distinct racial issues internally that were poorly addressed.
Good Company
Senior Acquisition Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brownsboro, ALNovember 2, 2017
Good Company...Great place to work to build your career and great workplace culture! You learn new things everyday and a a lot of opportunities for growth. Very relaxed atmosphere!
Pros
Balance life style
Welcoming Company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLSeptember 25, 2017
I've worked for several contracts and this by FAR is the best one! They offer well paying positions, fantastic benefits and the HQ staff is extremely friendly and prompt responders. On site visits are always a pleasure! And the company is very family driven. I hope they continue to grow and spread the 5SRC qualities nationwide.
Pros
Company involvement
Great work environment
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Good leadership
Great benefits
Team oriented
Growth promoting
Concerned for employee well-being
Provide all the necessary tools to do job
Flexible hours
Pros
Good career path
Cons

Want to know more about Five Stones Research Corporation?

Ask a question
Best place to work
Medical Administration Technician (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJune 20, 2017
This hands down is the best company that I have ever worked for! Everyone here is great from the CEO to Human Resources to payroll. The pay is very competitive to other companies as well.
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJune 16, 2017
I spent about 2 years with 5SRC and it was a fantastic place to work for. Hands off approach to work and you were given the tools you needed to succeed.
One of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALApril 27, 2017
Professional atmosphere. High motivation. Knowledgeable and caring management. Experienced co-workers. The hardest part of my job is getting off work. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work. This organization gives back to the community and treats everyone with dignity and respect. No one is shunned or considered unimportant. What a great organization!
Pros
Great compensation and great management.
Cons
None.
A place where you always feel appreciated!
Lead Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaApril 27, 2017
The management at 5 Stones Research Corporation and their selection process is great. They really seem to position people to best benefit that person, that person's co-workers, and the company.

The people working at 5 Stones' are self-motivated and are eager to produce and to accomplish whatever task is at hand. Everything is done at the highest professional level. That type of atmosphere is contagious and it makes a person want to do nothing but their best, all the time, for the family they work with and for their family at home.

The employees want to always do an awesome job and the leaders of the company definitely appreciate their employees and their work. A great mix and balance.

Magic!
Pros
Positive work environment. Feels like family.
Cons
N/a
HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 9, 2017
Good atmosphere
Everyone is always striving to succeed. The hardest part is not enough hours in one day to complete all desired tasks. 5SRC is a great company to work for.
Good place to work.
Program Acquisition Logistics Integrator (Former Employee) –  Red Stone ArsenalOctober 23, 2015
Five Stones Research Corporation is a great place to work. 5 Stones Research Corporation treats their employees fairly and with respect.
Excellent corporation to work for
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville ALFebruary 23, 2015
5SRC has a great corporate environment. They are able to attract exceptional talent and take care of that talent once on board.
This is a GREAT place to work!
Controller (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2015
There are so many great things about working for 5SRC, I would hardly know where to begin. First of all, the company provides many venues throughout the year to build camaraderie, such as quarterly lunches, numerous bbq events and a lovely Christmas Party. My work life is challenging, satisfying and appreciated by the senior leadership. They are very employee-centric and continuously work to provide the best benefits/pay/processes/work-life balance they can for their employees.

One of my favorite things about working here is the strong sense of family that is embraced by the 5SRC leadership. They genuinely want you to enjoy your time away from work (as they do with their families) and as a result, you are not barraged with ‘work’ emails until all hours of the night or over the weekend. And, on the rare occasion that one of the events they host is on the weekend, the whole family is included.

This is a GREAT place to work!
I am fortunate to be a member of the 5SRC family!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2015
I have worked for 5SRC for just over 9 months, I consider myself incredibly lucky to work for such a great company. Everyone, from the CEO down, has a genuine interest in the wellbeing and success of each employee. Benefits provided by 5SRC are generous and far exceeded my expectations. Corporate functions are a lot of fun and range from the annual Christmas party to casual barbeques. 5SRC welcomes my family participation in corporate events. I am fortunate to be a member of the 5SRC family!
Pros
Benefits, Corporate events, Leadership
Great Place to Work!
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  ,Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2015
If you want to work at a company where you are more than a number, Five Stones Research is the place for you. Unlike larger, less-personal companies, at Five Stones, employees are treated like members of the family.

I've worked for a number of companies over the years, and not one of them comes close to Five Stones Research. Never have I worked for a company which is more accommodating to the needs of their employees. The benefits are fantastic. The pay is excellent. Employees actually have a voice in the direction of the company, The company is very active in the community and is dedicated in their support of the war-fighter.

If you are seeking employment, I would highly recommend reaching out to Five Stones Research. You will never regret it!
Pros
Treated like family, Great benefits, Great environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Stones Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Five Stones Research Corporation Reviews by Location