Five Stones Research Corporation

Five Stones Research Corporation Employee Reviews

United States46 reviews
It was a privilege to work with 5SRC. The management is supportive and interactive with employees but, not bothersome. They communicate with you the right amount to keep your informed but not stifle you. The company culture is friendly, quarterly functions and a big Holiday party for the entire workforce. Easy transition coming aboard and the same for when you leave.

Recommend this company resoundingly.
Love this company nothing but complete success with them excellent work place. The management team is exceptional I would recommend them to everyone. The pay is excellent benefits are also great.
I don’t have any additional information to add. I do not wish to include any information in this section. This question should not be required. The company is alright to work for.
The company was better when it was smaller. As it's grown, it's gotten much worse on a lot of things that made it stand out. It's become a lot like a number of other government contractors.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Five Stones Research Corp. is a very good company that places a great deal of importance on creating a good work environment. Management is focused on ensuring that employees have the tools they need and that the work load is manageable. I've enjoyed the personal opportunities to grow my skills and use them in productive ways on the job. I am treated as a professional.
Five Stones Research Corporation has been a great company to work for. I have learned several new procedures that I have never dealt with, along with new tasks. The employees and supervisors here are patient and are willing to teach until you are able to take over a task on your own. The benefits you receive at Five Stones are great, as well as the opportunities.
Great place to work. Management is great. Laid back work environment. Christmas parties and lunch-ins. Wish there was a set pay raise time frame but you can’t put a dollar amount on a work/life balance.
Great leadership and HR. Healthcare is the best I've seen in the contracting business. Leadership is always helping employees try to better themselves.
Pros
Great people all around
Cons
N/a
Management do not treats employees with dignity or respect. None of the management will address your complaints when safety issues arise. ie; Vehicle safety equipment and maintenance, health and safety issues. All their management cares about is filling vacant positions when someone do not report for work or resigns. This company will hire anyone in order to fill a vacancy qualified or not. Experience means nothing to this company. Hostile working environment and unsafe working conditions. Very bad management personnel.
Pros
Pay and lunch
Cons
Bad management unsafe working conditions
I was micro managed I don't wish that on anyone. Whoever they pay very well and have a good work home life balanced its one of the better small businesses
Five Stones has a great team at their Headquarters who are working to constantly help their employees succeed. It is a great company to be a part of and nice to know that there really are good companies out there who care.
Pros
People, pay, benefits
Cons
Career advancement
I loved my time at 5SRC even though I was there as a contractor for several months. Would love to work for them again. This is a good company and the upper management are great to work for.
I was handed off to 5SRC from another employer when the contract changed. When 5SRC took over, they chose not to give SCA (Services Contract Act) employees their vacation until their anniversary date, even though no other contracting company before them did this. This amounted to many employees not being able to take vacation for 3-12 months (mine was 8 months, even though I had worked in the same position for 10+ years). When the SCA employees complained, management told us that they were simply following the law. While this is true, the law also states that employers can allow employees to accrue vacation, which is what every other contracting company did. Although 5SRC management COULD have allowed us to accrue vacation, they CHOSE not to. This created a hardship on many employees, especially since the contract changed prior to the Christmas holidays. I found another job within 2 months, and I now receive 19 days of accrued vacation time.

The only positive that I have to say about them is that when the old contract ended on a Friday, 5SRC made sure that the employees were covered by insurance starting on Saturday, so that we would not be without health insurance over the weekend. I was impressed by this, but overall, I was still dissatisfied with the company.
Pros
no lapse in insurance
Cons
treatment of SCA employees and vacation
A typical work day has you show up, go to meetings, and from then on you never return to the office. You will spend majority of your time in the truck and waiting for other projects to begin or end.
good bunch to work for I had zero problems
They know the people make the company

Mgt easy to deal with, the people are fairly relaxed, location is awesome
The benefits and culture was outstanding though I did not enjoy the longevity expected. There were distinct racial issues internally that were poorly addressed.
Good Company...Great place to work to build your career and great workplace culture! You learn new things everyday and a a lot of opportunities for growth. Very relaxed atmosphere!
Pros
Balance life style
Cons
I've worked for several contracts and this by FAR is the best one! They offer well paying positions, fantastic benefits and the HQ staff is extremely friendly and prompt responders. On site visits are always a pleasure! And the company is very family driven. I hope they continue to grow and spread the 5SRC qualities nationwide.
Pros
Company involvement
Good leadership
Great benefits

Team oriented

Growth promoting

Concerned for employee well-being

Provide all the necessary tools to do job

Flexible hours
Pros
Good career path
Cons
This hands down is the best company that I have ever worked for! Everyone here is great from the CEO to Human Resources to payroll. The pay is very competitive to other companies as well.
I spent about 2 years with 5SRC and it was a fantastic place to work for. Hands off approach to work and you were given the tools you needed to succeed.