Fiverr Employee Reviews

terrible site
Designer (Former Employee) –  designMay 14, 2019
This site is terrible .after a years of purchasing orders there . I become a seller and I did very good job .i become level 2 seller, then suddenly they disable my account without reason, no phone number to call them, every time I tried to contact them they reply robotic only, we cant do anything, and they dont have explanation for that .there is no real support services there . just group of thieves .NEVER COME AGAIN
social platform for a side job
Freelance Services (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLApril 20, 2019
I started in Fiverr four years ago. My experience was good because I enjoyed working with my clients, helping students, and I took personal satisfaction in passing the exams.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
bad management
worst company to freelance for
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  in USAApril 16, 2019
Well... if you think about making money selling services on Fiverr be aware. There are people there abusing your time. You delivered what they request, the client complain about you with false claims to Fiverr Customer Services and they get their money back. They don't bother to check where is the truth. So a very smart way of making others work for free to you. Don't lose your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Customer Service
Good Experience
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 17, 2019
Working as an independent contractor at Fiverr is very fruitful and productive. You get to create your own service gigs that highlight your strengths and engage customers frequently
Only If You're Desperate
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  FiverrMarch 14, 2019
While working as an online freelancer on Fiverr wasn't completely horrible, it definitely wasn't anywhere near the best experience I've had. Freelancing is, understandably, competitive and can make it difficult to find something suitable or obtain it. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of graphic designers, photographers, writers, and even narrators on this site, (so, mainly for people working in the fine arts industry).

However, I've had experiences with clients that never paid after I finished completing a project for them. The payment system on Fiverr also takes forever to process and can take up to a few weeks to almost an entire month before finally receiving a deposit in my account. There are not many job opportunities on it for a generalized base of freelancers and not enough clients to provide financially. If you're looking to make an extra couple of bucks, you can certainly give it a try. But, if you're looking for a site that provides you with a steady source of income, I would not recommend Fiverr at all.
Pros
Good for artistic freelancers, offers their own healthcare
Cons
Not enough opportunities, bad clients, etc.
One of the best online companies
Web Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 15, 2019
It was amazing working on Fiverr. You can work whenever you want, clients are nice and with your portfolio grows the number of projects.
There are no cons.
Pros
Flexible hours, good support, nice pay
Okay
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 15, 2019
If you work hard on this website you will do quite well. However it is very difficult to get work and stand out from the competition. Over the years more and more people have joined making it more difficult.
Extremely flexible place to work
Video Editor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Fiverr.com has helped me work with clients, i would never have had the opportunity to work with otherwise. Fiverr.com is unique in that you pick your own flexible hours.

I'm glad to work with fiverr.com however the commission percentage taken from every order is excessive and unfair to the sellers as well as buyers.
Pros
flexible hours, Incredible networking
Cons
Greedy commission percentages, long payment transfers
Freelancers Beware: Horrible Platform and Poor Tech Support
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 18, 2018
I've used Fiverr for several years as a freelancer, and what used to be a useful platform with potential is now just straight-up garbage.

The platform no longer works. Everything from communicating with potential clients to actually delivering work is riddled with bugs and glitches. What's worse, tech support blames its users instead of acknowledging the rampant issues with its platform.

It's new "evaluation" method is faulty, with your "response rating" constantly being penalized with or without cause. Don't ask tech support to help. In the weeks it will take to respond, they'll simply tell you it's your fault and to answer messages that were never viewable to you in the first place because their platform flagged them as spam and, as a result, you don't receive them.

And sometimes your response rating will plummet "just because" - with no clear cause.

If the company would actually fix the platform, it could be useful again. Even with the 20% cut they take, you can simply increase your pricing by 20% and cover the fees. When you're good, people will pay the premium fee for quality work.

But don't hold your breath. A company whose own tech team can't acknowledge their system flaws is unlikely to see and fix them.
Pros
Cons
Faulty platform, unprofessional and unproductive tech support
Fun and productive job
Freelance .net developer (Current Employee) –  From homeNovember 28, 2018
I am working on Fiverr.com as a freelancer.
So I work from home and that's provide me comfort and fun as well.
It's productive and useful work since I depend totally on learning and searching for information by myself.
Job Opportunities
Creative Designer (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2018
Although, there is no job security as your account can be permanently suspended for no reason in particular, there are lots of job opportunities. You get to work with various cultures all over the world and people from various works of life.
Pros
Abundant jobs
Cons
Your years of hardwork could be gone in a day when the account is blocked for no reason
Freelancers Dream
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 9, 2018
One Of The Best Freelance Job Websites I've Used In My 15 + years as a digital nomad. Never miss an important moment with my famliy and able to work when and where I want.
Pros
Unlimite Time Off
No Quality Control
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2018
5r has no QC in place. They do not review other editors' work. They do not adequately review complaints. Seems that some "editors" just run content thru grammarly--pretty low for what clients pay. Improve or be replaced by Amazon self-publishing!
buyers abuse sellers and fiverr do nothing
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
the buyers here abused me many times and fiverr did nothing and when i connected fiverr support team they blocked me in staid of blocking the buyer , this is not fair
Pros
abuse
Cons
never sell on fiverr
Productive workplace.
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
I have worked on fiverr and i have really enjoyed. The employees were reliable and i keep working on fiverr. I suggest everyone that wants to get well paid.
Pros
Nice tips.
Cons
None.
Fiverr Doesn't Care
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2018
While I do like Fiverr because it gave me the opportunity to create a career for myself, working on that service is not sustainable. Numerous features don't work and when you bring them to the attention of Fiverr support, they don't help at all. Never has an issue been adequately resolved for me. Here are some that I have faced only recently:

1. Fiverr went down for two weeks for me, and my ratings plummeted. I couldn't log on. Now I get less jobs because of it through no fault of my own. Fiverr blames me for it and refuses to help me get my account back to decent standing.

2. They almost shut my account down because they accidentally sent me warnings I wasn't supposed to actually receive.

3. My geolocation won't update and instead of helping me fix this so I get the proper time zone displayed, Fiverr support treats me like I'm lying about where I live.

4. The "block" button in the inbox doesn't work, so I have no way to protect myself from harassment from people when it does occur.

5. My feature to cancel an order has disappeared for both myself and my customer, so we have had to go through customer support to get it cancelled. Custom support treats us like we're stupid because there's a way to cancel the order on our own, and refuses to understand that the feature has disappeared. Meaning we can't.

On top of that, the incentives to "rank up" are dull and they take a massive 20% cut. That would be one thing if the tech support actually worked or if Fiverr was any use for protecting and serving its sellers, you know, the people who line the wallets of Fiverr
  more... corporate, but they let us hang out to dry when their service goes awry. It's stressful, unreliable, and not worth the work you have to do to make ends meet while they steal 20% from you for nothing in return.  less
Excellent website for skilled freelancers to connect with potential buyers
freelance content writer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
Fiverr is an excellent platform for skilled freelancers as it allows them to place ther gigs and price at their own terms, and it is upto the buyer to choose the freelancer. Fees are alright, compensations are great and withdrawal methods are plenty. Really happy to be using it.
Productive Working site
Motion Graphics Designer and video editor (Current Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 22, 2018
with fiverr i had the chance to learn more and more and go through lot of challenges and improve in working with employees and organize the time and hours of work and what i really loved most is to have the chance to challenge my self and my skills with That kind of hard projects and learn something new
Terrific place to work
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Virginia, ALSeptember 12, 2018
It's a wonderful company to work at. Provided a wide range of writing services to various clients, businesses, publications, and websites, including: resumes and cover letters, chapter summaries, finance articles, writing prompts, press releases, how-to articles, and Business presentations.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
No cons
Each day is different.
Transcriber (Current Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 7, 2018
It is a freelance platform where you work at your pace. Buyers are required to buy your 'gigs' which is not regular. It is flexible and so I have time for family as well.