Fiverr Employee Review

Freelancers Beware: Horrible Platform and Poor Tech Support
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 18, 2018
I've used Fiverr for several years as a freelancer, and what used to be a useful platform with potential is now just straight-up garbage.

The platform no longer works. Everything from communicating with potential clients to actually delivering work is riddled with bugs and glitches. What's worse, tech support blames its users instead of acknowledging the rampant issues with its platform.

It's new "evaluation" method is faulty, with your "response rating" constantly being penalized with or without cause. Don't ask tech support to help. In the weeks it will take to respond, they'll simply tell you it's your fault and to answer messages that were never viewable to you in the first place because their platform flagged them as spam and, as a result, you don't receive them.

And sometimes your response rating will plummet "just because" - with no clear cause.

If the company would actually fix the platform, it could be useful again. Even with the 20% cut they take, you can simply increase your pricing by 20% and cover the fees. When you're good, people will pay the premium fee for quality work.

But don't hold your breath. A company whose own tech team can't acknowledge their system flaws is unlikely to see and fix them.
Pros
Cons
Faulty platform, unprofessional and unproductive tech support

Other Fiverr Employee Reviews

A good place to get rewards
Freelancer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 24, 2019
It is a good place to get the rewards of your hardwork but the management is not so good. There is no proper system of check and balance where the seller gets his/her right.
Good place to gain experience
Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRMay 23, 2019
I was able to actually do something to put on my resume, which is nice. Only thing is that I had to undersell editing an entire novel for only 30 bucks. Too much work for very little pay, but to be fair I made my own prices.