Fives
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Fives Employee Reviews

United States114 reviews

friendlydepartmentculturecompanyenvironmentniceyearpeople

Good for learning but not long term

Great guys for the most part on the shop floor, benefits are good as well. Some jealousy upon a few of the guys and back stabbing and whining if you get promoted over someone else. Under a better production supervisor and facility that doesn’t look like a horror film set, could be a great place.

Pros

Benefits and serious machinists willing to share knowledge

Cons

Poor management and facilities and machinery not taken care of

November 30, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. While we’re glad to see you appreciate the competitive benefits offered at Fives and the working as part of our team, we’re sorry to see that your time at Fives didn’t fully meet your expectations. If you’d like to share more specific information, please contact our HR Department directly.

Great so far

Everyone is really nice and helpful. Not super fast paced. Forklifts are newer and run good. Some manual lifting but not too much. Overall very good so far

Fives insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Good work life balance, fair management, produce a great product. Raises are annual as are bonuses. PTO could be more generous. I really have enjoyed working here.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting extremely dirty What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very good the people there help you thrive What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun, exciting and a general decent day

November 30, 2022
Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re happy to see you’re enjoying your time with Fives.

Excellent

I absolutely love working for Fives. Our CEO Harold is one of the most positive, caring and respectful people I know. Our HR team is top notch. This company is one that I would not hesitate to recommend. I love it here.

November 16, 2022
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We’re happy to see you’ve enjoyed your time with us so far and we look forward to continuing to provide our teams with an exciting and rewarding work environment!

Awesome place to work.

I've been at Fives for about 6 months now. I'm a Site Manager. I love it. They're super helpful, open to ideas, and pay pretty good. Can't complain.

Clean work, friendly people

Very nice place to work. Happy, friendly people who get along for the most part. Safety is a big deal here. Shop is clean and climate controlled. Lots of people who have worked here for a long time, so that says something about how they treat their employees.

November 16, 2022
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! The Fives Group values teammate safety as our top priority, so we are very pleased to hear your experience!

Poor Executive team leadership and little direction on manufacturing floor.

All this facility cares about are on time every time initiatives with little regard for quality. Orders are rushed out the door with known quality concerns. They will tell you safety is #1 and quality is #2 but the CEO never mentions quality in any meetings he has, and the department is unsupported.

August 29, 2022
At Fives North American Combustion (Cleveland), we strongly encourage and welcome input from our stakeholders so thank you for your feedback. For over 100 years, we have maintained a strong reputation in the thermal process industry of providing quality products to our customers. Continuing our legacy in quality is deeply important to our organization and we are committed to continuous quality improvement.

Slowly Getting Better

Some awesome coworkers, but HR is a joke. Pay is not even close to competitive. The work is overall enjoyable, but often frustrating as well. The atmosphere is overall pretty relaxed most of the time, with short periods of stressful rushing. The people are the main contribution to what make the job enjoyable. They love to feed us here. Ice cream once a month in the summer, and other coworkers will bring in baked goods randomly. It's difficult to not gain weight with how much free food and treats they offer. But there is little clear structure to much of the work we are required to do. It can be fun to be here, but again, the work is often very frustrating. Customers are often a main point of many conflicts as well.

August 15, 2022
We're sorry to hear that your time with Fives didn't match your expectations. Our HR / Leadership are regularly assessing the labor market and making adjustments in order to ensure we are paying our employees a competitive, fair, and equitable salary.

Professional Positive Environment with Friendly people

Everyone is professional and friendly. Employees work hard while keeping the environment relaxed with min stress. The company does misc things to show appreciation and provide some fun for the employees. Great place to work!

May 10, 2022
Thank you so much for the positive review! We’re happy to see that you are enjoying your time working with the Fives Group. Our people are our biggest resource, and our leadership / HR teams are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Professional Positive Environment with Friendly people

Heading in the right direction

I started here in 2021, and in that time I have been taught so much from a mentor who continues to help me grow and assist me when I am stuck. I never feel afraid to ask questions, and when I make a mistake I am assisted with reassurance and help. In the time I have been here there has been a shift in the overall environment, our social committee does their best to help make work life more inclusive and fun but there is a level of accountability that has changed as well. The managers seem more involved and want to help their employees and team succeed, and it is clear now more than ever how all of our teams work together to help achieve our company goals. Outside of all of that this company has great benefits, strongly promotes wellness by offering free onsite screenings, biometrics, and flu shots, they offer rewards and incentives, and to top it off they offer Tuition Reimbursement making it possible for me to go back to school and not have to accumulate any additional student loans.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for sharing that great story and for your positive review! At Fives, we’re committed to investing in the development of our employees. We offer programs like tuition reimbursement and work with employees each year on development plans to help them reach their career goals and grow within the organization. We’re glad to have you on our team!

New CEO, good benefits and tuition reimbursement.

Mgr works w/my schedule; is flexible when needed. Great social events. Good benefits. The best tuition reimbursement; finished my degree w/o any debt.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for your review! Fives is dedicated to investing the career development of our employees and a generous tuition reimbursement programs is one of the best ways we can do that!

Miserable

Working at fives was exiting at first l couldn't wait to go to work but then they hired a new manager who took over procurement and he was clueless things went down hill from there .moving from a manager who was ontop of everything very smart to someone who was just there .clueless

Pros

Great pay, benefit, 401?k match

Cons

Bad culture

Great employee appreciation

Overall everyone seems happy and the company is growing in the right directions. New management seem to be friendly and willing to help out or work with you on problems. They are big on saftey in the shop and that's always a plus

Pros

Great morale driven by high employee appreciation

Cons

Certain tasks can be repetitive

September 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are glad to see that you are happy with the level of support you are receiving from the management team.

great atmosphere

Great place to work, with even better people. Spent over 3 years there and grew myself and my career path with nothing but support from upper management and my supervisor. Highly recommend.

Pros

People/Pay

Cons

Not too much to complain about

September 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing this positive review! We think it’s great that you enjoyed the type of work environment created by Fives. Our Managers and HR Team work carefully with each employee to empower them to develop in their role and career.

Good but could be better

Fun place to work but most of the management doesn't know what they're doing. The work life balance is really nice and they are super flexible on your hours. Everyone is very helpful too.

May 3, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased your experience at Fives was positive and enabled you to enjoy the people you work with and your family. Our Management Team is dedicated to providing a challenging, rewarding, and balanced workplace for all of our employees to deliver an optimistic and ambitious commitment: industry is cutting edge and exciting as long as each of us are bold and able to reinvent ourselves to propose visionary projects.

Changed for the worse

Started as a good place to work in an exciting industry. Unfortunately, it went downhill fast with poor management changes. I had 5 managers in under 2 years.

Pros

Safe, clean

Cons

Frequent management changes

January 11, 2021
It’s disappointing to learn of a less than satisfying experience, working at Fives. Fives history spans more than 208 years, requiring dynamic organizational and technology leadership to address and meet market demands and conditions. Its legacy of success has relied on continuously adapting and reinventing itself in response to change. This requires a high level of flexibility, and unfortunately, may require adjustments to businesses operations, all with the goal of promoting a comprehensive and sustainable path.Fives is committed towards continuous improvement and receiving feedback, encouraging you to contact our human resources department with any suggestions.

Awful place to work. Management does not have a clue on how to run a manufacturing business

Job work life balance is ok. Employee pay is terrible unless you are upper management. Management does not listen to its employees which is why the company suffers and is no longer considered a player in the manufacturing industry. Dated technology and outdated trends the business continues to utilize. Average age is 45. No accountability whatsoever in the organization.

Pros

Work Life balance

Cons

No company vision. Company operates like it is in the 70's. No accountibility

January 11, 2021
Thank you for sharing.Fives serves and supports numerous markets and customers worldwide, often requiring a highly adaptive level of flexibility to achieve the desired results; one of the organization’s key strengths: The ability to rapidly respond to industry’s needs and requirements.Our organizations’ extensive legacy of achievements has relied on a diverse global workforce and thought-provoking leadership, consistently and collaboratively driving new product development, services and solutions in an inspiring and rewarding atmosphere.We are committed towards continuous improvement and gaining feedback, encouraging you to contact our human resources department with any suggestions.

Steer clear

This company is a kingdom. The ruler plays favorites and pit employees against each other.Many employees have been there for 20 plus years and you must be accepted by the group.Work function groups area separated by areas. Very clicky and they don’t play well with each other. They built good products 40 years ago but have been living in the past and have developed no new products or technologies since then.

Pros

Nice offices

Cons

Empire building and unprofessional organization

January 11, 2021
Thank you. We were surprised to learn of a less than satisfactory experience while working at Fives. Fives focuses on employee well-being and an encouraging workplace environment. More recently, a wide variety of internal tools and initiatives were introduced to promote an enhanced level of communication, collaboration, synergy and team spirit. Our employee longevity demonstrates our teams’ satisfaction working at Fives, and also provides our customers and the markets we serve with a high level of knowledge, technical expertise and advanced development capabilities. Fives is committed to continuous improvement and gaining feedback, encouraging you to contact our human resources department with any suggestions.

Innovation, Technology Leadership & Employer Engagement & Future Focused

Fives is a great organization and each day brings the promise of something new, interesting and thought provoking. Everyone is treated as a team player and each and every voice is heard. It is refreshing to belong to an organization that genuinely means what they say and does what they say they will do. In North America, there are several different businesses fully equipped with dedicated leadership and professional expertise. Best company, leadership and team I have ever had the pleasure of working for and with.

Pros

Innovation, empowering management, and a dynamic, friendly team environment

March 10, 2021
Thank you! We sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm and noteworthy feedback about your experience working at Fives. We are proud of our leadership and employees, promoting a “Best place to work” environment, including the cohesive and collaborative team approach all our businesses provide. Fives is a great organization to work for, offering a wide variety of opportunities for career development and professional growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits