FIVES Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Dysfunctional Company
Controller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2019
This company has it's benefits don't get me wrong, but it has been extremely turbulent in the management. I personally went through three bosses and three CEOs in less 2 years.
Lack of vision and communication and completely ignorant HR staff make it difficult to get anything accomplished. Unwillingness to progress in their technical prowess and eliminate redundancies in reporting are severely limiting this company.
Morale in most departments is abysmal and 75% of staff is over the age of 50. Most of these people are just holding out until retirement.
Pros
401k Match, Global company
Cons
Management, Hr, Communication, Flexibility
Great Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2018
Fives offers many opportunities for their employees due to the international presence.You will gain solid experience quickly and will have the ability to become a subject matter expert in your field. The company cares about it's employees and fights for them.
Manufacturing of Burners
Six Sigma Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2016
Big company and big group. Spread all over the world with large operations. Market leaders for their products and very strong supplier base.
Great Coworkers and a great expirence
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 24, 2014
Fives North American has been a wonderful place to work over the last 7 years. I have learned many things from my coworkers and superiors on how to function in an accounting department of a manufacturing company. I have learned and have experience in consolidations, accounting for foreign currency transactions, payables, fixed assets and have been helping in the budget process the last few years. Fives is a company that was purchased by a foreign company during my career so I have had to be much more proactive in communicating with other companies for intercompany transactions. I am thankful for my time working with these people as they have helped mold me into the professional I am today.
Pros
good coworkers, great experience
Cons
no room for advancement
N/a
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2013
Worked with foreign subsidiaries very closely
Learned how to work with Oracle
Co-workers were all very kind and easy to work with
I enjoyed being very busy all day long with a variety of projects