FIVES Employee Review

Fives Landis, Just Keep Looking
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 1, 2018
Toxic environment with indifferent, clueless management. Bad behavior is tolerated and even encouraged. If you object to the bullying, you will be retaliated against. Don't expect any help from HR; they're part of the problem. Required nine hour days. Way too many unproductive meetings. Petty, rigid rules are strictly enforced because employees are not trusted or respected. The open floor plan is stressful, but this suspicious old school organization believes that they need to keep an eye on employees at all times. There are lots of good companies out there. Don't waste your time at Fives Landis. You will be frustrated and disappointed.
Pros
If you make the mistake of taking a job at Fives Landis, you'll have a genuine appreciation for a good organization when you move on.
Cons
Too many to list them all, but no work life balance, poor management overall, with especially bad senior management in manufacturing group, old school attitude and environment, not a place for progressive professionals.
Official response from FIVES
November 30, 2018

We are sorry for what you experienced during your time at the company. Please be sure that our Group is committed to enable everyone to express themselves and participate to the advancement of well-being at work. The Fives employee survey of 2018 result in a level of participation of 62% and a level of satisfaction of 72%. Furthermore the Fives Code of ethics is a key element to the group. It is applicable to all of our subsidiaries, and our employees are free and able to use the different methods in place to alert of any gross misconduct.

Other FIVES Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
CMM Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 21, 2019
With company for 46 years. I was pretty much my own boss throughout my career at Fives. Company was always willing to work with me when I needed time off.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Long drive for me
At one time this was the place you wanted to work currently you did not want to work there
Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 8, 2019
The review I'm giving is open and honest as possible. I wish I had better news or a more positive sense of future for fives. Without any service department or willingness to work with customers it's pretty difficult to forecast what will happen in the future for the people and employees of fives.
Pros
Whoever has survived and still there I believe care for there the company and believe in its future, management however has a different point of view.
Cons
It is not doing well overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIVES. Our community is ready to answer.