FIVES Employee Review

Good company that has fallen on hard times
Mechatronics Apprentice/ Machinist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 20, 2019
Due to a dramatic decrease in the workload that occurred during 2018 this particular branch of the Fives corporate tree has unfortunately had to resort to a relatively large amount layoffs for salary, hourly, and contract employees. New management was brought in and the company seemed to be going through the early stages of a rebuilding phase, however if job stability is what you're looking for I would currently look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
Clean work environment, personable staff
Cons
Uncertain future
Official response from FIVES
May 17, 2019

We’re sorry to hear that your employment experience with Fives was not ideal. We strive to be the best employer possible to our employees.
Unfortunately, the dynamic nature of the business environment sometimes requires us to make difficult decisions.
In situations like this, Fives strives to support those affected by leveraging mobility within the Group, or by reaching out to our “Sister” business unit, Fives DyAG, connecting with recruitment to assist a transitioning employee for work within their operations.

Other FIVES Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
CMM Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 21, 2019
With company for 46 years. I was pretty much my own boss throughout my career at Fives. Company was always willing to work with me when I needed time off.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Long drive for me
At one time this was the place you wanted to work currently you did not want to work there
Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 8, 2019
The review I'm giving is open and honest as possible. I wish I had better news or a more positive sense of future for fives. Without any service department or willingness to work with customers it's pretty difficult to forecast what will happen in the future for the people and employees of fives.
Pros
Whoever has survived and still there I believe care for there the company and believe in its future, management however has a different point of view.
Cons
It is not doing well overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIVES. Our community is ready to answer.