Fix Auto Employee Reviews

enjoyable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKJune 20, 2018
I really enjoy working at Fix Auto. Everyone I work with is very friendly and supportive. I received excellent training when I first started which made it super easy to preform my work duties correctly and efficiently. There seems to be a lot of opportunities to learn new skills. I enjoy having a manager that celebrates our wins and motivates us to succeed.
Productive Shop .
Prepper , Painters helper , B painter (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 20, 2018
I loved it at fix auto but had to relocate . it was a faced spaced shop when there was a lot of work. my co-workers were awesome we were all a great team and paid attention to detail.
Efficient, great place, friendly people
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Suisun City, CAMay 28, 2018
This job has been great, Management is great and the workers are always full of life, I've learned made traits and skills from working there, Organization, time management, being more efficient, problem solving, customer realtionship
Pros
Worked with hours
Cons
Stress does get to you
Excellent Job for a Student
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Loved this job. I started working at Fix Auto my senior year of high school when my friend recommended me. The manager is one of the coolest guys I have ever met and it saddens me that I will probably never have a manager that cool again (not sure if he is still there anymore though). The work is super easy and all on the computer. As a call center representative, you make phone calls to customers and use a survey tool to assess their satisfaction with their auto repair and get them in touch with the shop if there are still issues. It can get very monotonous at times but the management doesn't care what you do to keep yourself occupied in the meantime so long as you're getting the work done. The pay is minimum but you can work as much as you want. If you're a high school or college student who needs a job with flexible hours and easy work, you can't do much better.
Pros
Easy job, flexible schedule, can do other things while working, awesome staff
Cons
Very repetitive work
Fix Auto USA
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Morale has been put into a downward spiral over the course of a few years at this company.

The blatant favoritism of employees and franchisees plays a heavy role in this morale loss. Another cause is the unequal pay that main workforce receives.

As the company has continued to grow and become more profitable, the main workforce sees little to no increase in their annual salaries.

There are too many directors/executives within this office. Their annual salaries combined are more than all of the salaries in the departments combined. There are about 20 employees total, and 6 directors/executives.

From 2016- present we have lost 10 employees of varying statures. Instead of hiring on additional talent, responsibilities have been delegated to the remaining staff without fair compensation.

At the end of the day, I understand that this is a business and that's just how things work. You can not continue to preach that this is a "family" culture if you are not investing in your employees, let alone offering competitive salaries in this market.

You also can not continue to tell employees that we have other "perks" here aside from the low pay. The staff would gladly give up the socially awkward/forced birthday cupcakes celebrations, "ice cream socials", and extremely awkward holiday lunches in order to receive fair compensation.

This year they going to hire two more executives to add on to this top heavy staffing plan. There are no current plans to invest properly in their current staff. This has created a very toxic work environment.

One of the main reasons that
  more... people stay with this company for so long are due to their fellow coworkers who share their struggles. They are also very flexible with your schedules, almost to a fault.

Don't get me wrong, I've had some great experiences here, but the bad out weighs the good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay, favoritism, no opportunities for growth
Seems like a fun and enjoyable environment at first..
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2018
The longer you work here the more issues you start to see. There is a huge issue with favoritism which causes a disconnect in the office. The people who are here 40-50 hours a week and never miss a day are paid the least and receive no perks, while others who frequently take sick time or leave early will be invited on company retreats and receive larger yearly increases. Some people will stop responding to emails or returning calls, causing delays and unnecessary stress. There is no accountability for anything and absolutely no standards.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, monthly birthday celebrations
Cons
Low pay, Upper management unaware of everyday issues, poor communication between departments
It becomes your life
Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Management at the corporate office was poor at helping out the individual shops, the corporate office pampers themselves and refuses to properly educate the people they hire. In most cases you are thrown into the job with very little training. They are wonderful people, but they do not manage others well. Benefits are only offered to salary employees, and they are pricey. Write up process for any mistakes made. Corporate meetings held every month, sometimes multiple times, with little compensation if you are salary, there is no over time. Reimbursements for miles and gas took weeks.
Overall friendly and nice and decent pay, but not worth what stress they put you through personally and the time they take away from your personal life.
Pros
friendly, pay, hour lunch
pretty standard atmosphere for a body shop
Auto Body Technician, apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2018
management was overall the best part of working for fix auto. He was very relaxed and understanding. next best was being an apprentice for the head journeyman. Learning to pay attention to the fine details is what landed me the job I have now.
Awful Managment, A culture of Harassment, OSHA, and EPA abuse
Refinish Technician (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKJanuary 28, 2018
Completely unprofessional, Harassment, Passive aggressive tactics to remove unwanted employee's, upper management was informed and nothing was done, the management on a whole including the company owner is awful. When you combine this with the fact that Fix Auto Soldotna is a completely unsafe place to work, this is less then a one star situation. No hazmat storage room on the premise, used oil leaking into the ground in the back lot, throwing florescent light bulbs in the trash, floor drains in the shop drain right into city sewer. All under full and complete knowledge of the owner and management.
fix auto
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 2, 2018
i enjoyed working here doing auto body work.however, the guy i worked under let me go at 3 am through a text message which in my opinion is not professional.
Dont Expect Much
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 16, 2017
Poorly run with little support from corporate, who have low opinion of their employees. A sink or swim atmosphere with no team work. No room to grow.
Pros
Very expensive health insurance with bad coverage. No dental insurance, 401k, stocks, disability, etc.don't pay overtime.Lack of support from managers
Cons
Low stress job, decent pay
Managment and employees were easy to work with
Account Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. I started off as a receptionist and in 3 months got a huge raise and was handling the accounts. The work day was not stressful at all and I loved coming into work every day at 7am. I learned how to input invoices, do payroll, and make cash bank deposits for the company every day. I was sad to hear that the owners were selling their company to retire. This was by far the best job I've had.
Pros
great managment, stress free work environment
Auto Body Painter (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 26, 2017
Just an all around great place to work, they didn't just treat you like an employee they treated you like family. Only reason I am no longer there is I moved
Dont expect too much
CSR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2017
Dont expect to move beyond your job title. You will put everything into your job but do not expect too much out of it. Unless you make an error, then expect to have your world turned upside down.
fun to come to work and rewarding
Operation Director/GM Manager (Current Employee) –  1200 ne division gresham oregonJune 20, 2017
It is a ok place to work and you can do a lot of new things management is ok you will have a lot of things to learn for the DRP relationships that the company deals with
very nice place to work super flexible schedule and great environment
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 7, 2017
Fix auto treats their employees very well and cares for them. They allowed me to work when i wanted and accepted the hours I came in for the days I asked to work.
I been working different place
Helper (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 6, 2017
I am a man. Who always try my best in the job because i was working in a farmer. And i went to school to i play any sport so I'm proud. I like work a lot. Make good money thanks
Pros
I buy lunch
Cons
15 minutes
It's really laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Loved this job! everyone is like a family and we all help one another to make the company bigger and better . It's definitely a growing company and it's only getting bigger and better.
Pros
It's laid back, everyone gets along
Cons
Salary
Busy, fun, interactive
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 1, 2016
This company works an any type of collisions body work and technicians jobs to be done with customers vehicle. Like the interaction with people and the rush hour with paperwork. Great company to make it into a career
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Long breaks
dog eat dog world, breeds pitbulls
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 14, 2015
carrot stick industry, work you harder and harder for goals which are further more and more unobtainable for the purpose of filling the pockets of those above you. if you survive it you will be stronger and better because of it.

Only positions you want are estimator, manager, painter and you will have a great life, if not the other positions cap around 15$ hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fix Auto. Our community is ready to answer.