Flagger Force Traffic Control Services Employee Reviews

Worst place I ever worked
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2019
Their dispatch is awful- management has favorites- jobs are embarrassing all crew leaders hide when Verizon truck pulls up- long hours and don’t even get kid nearly enough for almost risking your life everyday. Do yourself a favor don’t apply. They hire anyone and everyone- scariest place ever. No support at all no hey good job you get in trouble for your work site then u get in trouble for how you drive the truck there. TERRIBLE oh no rest roombreaks either
Pros
Not one
Cons
Wish I could say pay day
Former crew lead
Glen Burnie - Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Glen burnieJune 19, 2019
The pay is terrible for all the work you have to do , the mangers are pathetic they don’t care about you . They don’t give good hours to all there employees. They show favoritism, they have who they want on year long jobs while other struggle to get 4 hours
It paid the bills
Flagger (Current Employee) –  Asbury, NJJune 10, 2019
This job takes a lot out of you. This job tho should pay most people’s bills. It also makes a stressful work environment. This job asks a lot from you and doesn’t pay it all back.
Fantastic job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 10, 2019
I took this job very serious Due to the fact you have people’s life’s in your hands you have to pay attention to the people that you are helping or anyone could get hurt including yourself
Last ditch job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  King, PAJune 3, 2019
They say there is advancement....but only if you are comfortable driving a truck. Driving a truck their way I will add. You are watched like a baby sitter with a camera. If you go 60 in a 55 you get points. If you stop harder then they want you get pounts. If you....whatever they don't like that has nothing to do with safety you get points.
They do pay for your gas in the truck but you go right from taking orders to giving them without help....as the second position.

You only have a start time not an end. The location may differ or cancel at any time.
Pros
Sometimes short days but still getting paid for a full day
Cons
Everything else. Avoid avoid avoid
Fun, safety minded, growing company
Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAMay 22, 2019
I truly enjoyed my job. Sometimes things were difficult and made my day awful and not enjoyable. But with every bad day, the next day was different and most times great. Felt good going home after each job knowing I made a difference that day and kept everyone safe to go home to their families as well
Jus would not recommend them I hate working there but have to pay the bills and have a crimianl background that gets me turned down most other places
Flagger/Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 19, 2019
Just a dishonest even though it's one of their core values company. u don't get rate jobs ever. they give u points when u had valid reason even if u send pics of what happened which prevented u to get to work .
Pros
Company truck as crew leader if u pass the training and test
Cons
Never get rate jobs, and when u do they put your fringe pay in a 401k and u have no say, and then alot of times that money don't even make it to your 401k account.
Equal opportunity employer....
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 4, 2019
Being an equal opportunity employer, you should already know what to expect.... nothing but ex-cons or P.O.S nobody's who do not care about their life or others. Very prejudice as well. Certain individuals stick to their own group and will just co.ol while rely exclude you. Do not get this job if you think that you will learn how to work hard or learn anything new. This job is nothing but an easy money maker, if you can stand sitting in your car for 6 hours. Although some crew leads will say you worked for 8 hours when you only worked 4-6 hours .
Pros
Getti g paid for hours you didnt work
Cons
Everything, avoid this job like the plague
Advanced crew leader (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 2, 2019
Flagger force is a great place to work, would definitely go back if I still lived in pa. You learn new things on a daily basis. And it’s just a great experience.
Pros
Easy advancement
Cons
Dispatch favoritism
Barf
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAApril 24, 2019
Oh boy, where to start? I took this job at a low point in my life. They'll hire just about anybody because turn over is through the roof. It's a stressful, low paying, thankless job, with completely unpredictable hours. I was offered a promotion to a lead position, which comes with a company truck, within two months but I wasn't planning to and didn't stick around much longer.

Maybe it was just me. I couldn't stand just... Standing for hours, or constantly repeating myself over the radio, or working with the total burnouts who made up about half of the leads and long term flaggers.

Of course there were some good people, better than me, doing this job who didn't mind not knowing where you'll be most days, or how long you'd be there, and had the patience to put up with the morons and derelicts. I know I didn't.
Pros
Highly subjective: schedule, ease of promotion to lead.
Cons
Highly subjective: schedule, they'll promote anyone to lead.
This place is an abomination and a real disservice
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 22, 2019
The very worst and incompently managed company I've ever seen
In maryland. They ought to hire more professional managed dispatchers that have a minimum of integrity
Cons
No personal vehicle use compensation given
Alot of great people work there, but management in the company in absolutely horrible.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2019
If a company's has a high turnover ratio, there's usually a reason. In this company, the favorite's get the hours, and everybody else's hours vary. You can get 40 hours one week, and get 12 hours the next. And you can't get another job to supplement your lost hours, because they expect you to be on call rather your getting hours or not. If your not given a job the day before or the next morning, your on call until 10am from Mon - Fri. The people you'll work with are great , but management in the company, clearly show's no consistency. You can also earn a company vehicle very quickly, but they take people's company vehicle's away, just as quickly as they earned it. All in all, this really isn't the type of company that I'd want to grow with.
Pros
You'll meet a lot of great people, you can quickly earn a company vehicle, and you'll definitely learn your way around your local area.
Cons
Too many to list.
Constantly moving, fair pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 27, 2019
While I only worked on a temp contract for a few months, the nearly $12/hr pay certainly made it enticing. The work hours could be brutal, having to be anywhere within an hour's drive of your house starting at 4-5am, and work was not guaranteed day-to-day. You get contacted either through an app or a phone call with a new work assignment the night before the work begins. Typically the site manager tells you what to do and where to go, and the work itself isn't difficult, but it is anywhere from 4-10hrs on your feet in the sun right next to traffic.
Pros
High pays
Cons
No guaranteed breaks, long hours, unstable hours
Job was fun great coworkers
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 24, 2019
Managment is completely worthless they tend to baby their lazy employees and kick and beat down the employees that try and do their best. This is a perfect example of people don't leave jobs they leave management.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
poor hours and extremely poor pay
Ok place if they would pay more
Flagger/Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAMarch 22, 2019
I quit the job over a few supervisors that decided to hide up the road and spy on me instead of coming up and talking. I loved the work but when its 5 below out and they don't want to give u a 10 min break to warm urself up all because they had something against me im sorry but 12 an hour is not worth getting frost bite.
Pros
Easy work, most treat you good
Cons
Not enough pay, dont like to give breaks
Poor Management
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2019
They tell you when you start that they will send you a text message the night before to let you know that you have a job, and that if it is going to change they will send you another text letting you know before midnight. There were on numerous occasions I would walk in with my day planned around the job I got a text message about, and they would tell me to go to anther job site because they sent someone else to my job, even though I showed up when I was supposed to be there. Very poor management and lack of care for their employees.
Great job pros and cons
Certified Flagger (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2019
If you love outdoors then this the job for you. You have to stand on your feet sometimes as little as 4 hours and some times none at all and the. You have days where your standing for 9 hours. Have to provide your own gas until you get promoted to your own company vehicle . PAY GOes up as you stay there. move up very quickly
Pros
Long breaks good pay
Cons
Standing and a lot of driving
Fun times driving around jamming music
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 18, 2019
FF was a blast first of weird but ultimately resulting in a good friend passed away. Your day starts with you and the crew fighting the elements and then the flora a fauna.
Pros
Company card company truck, good equipment 3M
Cons
Long days with no breaks also free gas
Quick pace with a lot of down time
Advanced Crew Leader/MOT (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 9, 2019
Other then the company lacking in managerial skills they are a great company! No supervisor breathing down your back and the day goes by fast. You have a lot of down time and perks but I don’t feel that we get paid enough.
Don't work here
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Pretty much an upgrade from those of you who work at mcdonalds. They hire idiots! Pay is a joke, management sucks, them giving out assignments is totally not optimized (will send you 45 mins away, and send another person to a job 45 mins away that's near your home!)
Pros
Free time when roads shut down
Cons
Working in winter, bathroom breaks, low hours, not worth pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flagger Force Traffic Control Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight