Flagler Hospital Employee Reviews

Flagler beautiful hospital
respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 4, 2019
I was a respiratory therapist working on the floors/ er and in the units.
I was taking care of patients making sure they received their treatments , abgs and oxygen. Typical day you get report, arrange your treatments do the work and give report to the next person.

Hardest part of the job was always the codes of the favorite patients.

most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients and make them happy
Pros
pto 401k
Horrible place to work and even worse for the patients
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 8, 2019
If you want to keep your license stay away from here. This place is filthy and they could care less about you or the patients. They judge the patients and belittle them.
Pros
I can’t honestly say
Intern position
Patient Liaison/ Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FL 32086May 3, 2019
It exposed me to a hospital setting, and prompted me to work for a clinical degree. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the nurses and nurse management. It was a pleasure.
Pros
The staff.
Clinical
Student (Former Employee) –  ICUApril 17, 2019
I had clinicals at Flagler in 2017 March for 1 month, great experience. My preceptor in ICU was great, everyone was so nice and helpful. I’d apply there if only it was not one hour away from me.
No No No
Buyer - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLApril 12, 2019
Open the day by greeting providers already in office. Start the computer systems primarily used throughout the day. Print the schedules for the providers who request them. Begin checking in patients at 7:00AM - 4:00PM. Through out the day there is always something unexpected that comes up. Handle these situations with calm and polite.
Hardest part of job: Being the go between patients and providers. Insurance changes continually.
The most enjoyable part of the day: Patient's health improvement. Patient's laughing and smiling when they graduate.
Consitently downhill....
Medical-Surgical Unit RN (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLApril 6, 2019
Under staffed and under paid. Staff burnout equals high turnover rates. Management ellusive and seems only to care about bottom line. First MONEY, second, patients, last employees. If I had the time to commute it would be a no brainer...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay, benifits, no opportunity for advancement
Excellent experience
PHARMACY INTERN (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLApril 1, 2019
The staff was professional and hardworking. They were compassionate with patients and devoted to teaching interns, investing great effort to this end.
I loved working here
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 26, 2019
The people were nice and very compassionate about my hours. It was a really good experience to have such caring managers. The pay was great as well. I would recommend
Awesome organization
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 23, 2019
Wonderful place to work, I'm leaving do to my life changing. Very empowering work environment. I've learned a lot of skills professionalism walks throughout my journey at Flagler. I'm grateful.
Pros
Lactation room
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible.
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I just worked in the kitchen, so I can't say much about the rest of the hospital but, the kitchen was probably the worst managed kitchen I have ever worked in. Management had no idea what they were doing, completely unwilling to work with anyone on their schedule. Genuinely did not have concern about their employees or their health, well being or safety. Management all got fired and the kitchen was taken over by Sodexo, management deserved to be fired and kicked to the curb.. Sodexo is not much better.. be warned.
Wanted to work as Tech to use my Psychology Degree.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Flagler Hospital was a hospital that I work due to the night shift position that was available. I wanted to be home in the mornings and at night for my kids and it worked. I worked under the supervision of nurse managers. I felt that it was not as professional as it should have been.
People care
Department Assistant / MHU Tech (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 14, 2018
Most employees care about the patients and doing a great job. There are issues of politics and favoritism and there is a lack of communication. Overall, I have been happy here.
A Great Hosital
Transporter/Orderly (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 29, 2018
This was a great environment to work in. Challenging, but one that always worked with a team. I admired that patient care and customer service came first.
This hospital thrived to cross train staff so they could assist one another in emergency situations.
Pros
Very employee friendly and professional
Cons
New CEO started to focus more on profit verses patiant family care.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 20, 2018
Loved working with people with great attitudes. Even upstairs on the other hospital floors, there are those who help without all the negativity towards you. Excellent place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere with good people to work with.
Cons
No overtime hours
Very low moral, awful new management
Accounting dept (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 15, 2018
Used to be fun place to work. Now new management in administration and the accounting office is terrible. Can’t Afford to give raises, but new CEO had a 4000.00 painting purchased for his office!!
Accounting office is the worst, a lot of turnover, new managers are very clicky, only care about their “friends”! Don’t work there!
Pros
Pto
Cons
No raises
a typical day at work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 19, 2018
They never offer incentives for advancement. They expect a lot and you get no respect for your accomplishments. Hectic days. Learned to keep my ears & eyes open. My manager never knew what to expect from administration. Culture was very diversified and we all learned to work well together. Hardest part of job was getting all the work done that was put on my desk...it increased constantly. Most enjoyable was completing tasks as needed in priority order to stay on top of whatever may come across my desk next. Major restructuring currently over 5 years. Many confused employees who weren't to sure of job security.
Pros
free flu & pneumonia vaccines
Cons
healthcare
My coworkers were a great group of people
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 18, 2018
I found it rewarding to work as a switchboard operator for 7 years. Each day was a new chance to make a difference in someones
life. Enjoyed my job, coworkers, compensation and was an overall great place to work.
Pros
free flu shots
Cons
My work office was way to small, with no window, for all of us to be comfortable. My only issue
Work friends but morale down
Lead Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 18, 2018
Have worked here many years and advanced a lot in the operating room with much knowledge from the nurses and doctors willing to teach. I have come along way in 23 years and gained so much knowledge and experience in the medical field but I feel like it’s time to move on and advance my career. The doctors and work staff are great.
Pros
New technology, advancement and peers
Cons
Call, lunches and eduction divisoin, the pay
Flagler Struggles with Modern Age Employee relations
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 16, 2018
There is a very real culture of "good ole boys" happening here.
While there are women in leadership roles there is also more oversight to these women and less opportunities for growth and professional enrichment were compared to the men and their benefits.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Inequality
Always looking to reduce staffing. Can't trust management.
Manager, Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Never have job safety. Stressful working conditions. Salaries are below state and competition wages. Management looks out for their jobs and can't be trusted.
Pros
Nice part of state of Florida
Cons
Nobody's job is safe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flagler Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.