FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

Most awful place I've ever worked
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  NapoleonOctober 14, 2018
This is one of the most awful stressful places I have ever worked for they are very rude and ungrateful they are very sneaky the managers at the bank followed me around until they seen something that did not like and got me fired for it, I spent two years Faithfully coming in 3 days a week to clean and I was repaid by losing my job during a holiday also they would leave People's Bank information out like Social Security numbers and bank account numbers also they would leave full trays of money out trying to get the cleaners to be dishonest hope the proper people see this
Pros
You get followed bank-to-bank
Cons
Your pay is almost never on time!
successful
Loss Mitigation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 8, 2018
very helpful always attending every meeting very quiet work place time management is very helpful. team mates are always very helpful in helping out with work load.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Flagstar Bank is just Meh
Final Docs/ Post-Closing Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 7, 2018
I worked at Flagstar for a little over 4 years, the benefits are great; however, they need to work on offering better pay and not laying off so much. They only offer a 37.5 hours work week. Management in my old department was a joke and she treated the employees like we were kids and not hardworking adults. The hardest part of the job was making sure to meet your daily production goal, if you was just a tad bit shy of meeting, you had to elaborate as to why. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting all the bank observed holidays off and the benefits, as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, free employee checking
Cons
Pay, always laying people off, work hours
Outstanding
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2018
I have been in the mortgage industry for 15+ years. Flagstar Bank is heads and shoulders above the competition in relation to products, pricing, in house process efficiency, management and flexibility. The compensation exceeds any other depository institution while providing, not limited to, outstanding benefits, health care, 401K matching and stock purchase discount program.
Good Job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 1, 2018
Good job to work at. Shifts are not permanently set
Good people to work with
Management is somewhat good
Very low advancement opportunities
Taking calls for the mortgage side
Difficult place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2018
Before 2008 Flagstar was a wonderful place to work. The approach was focused on clients. After 2008 and the great recession the dynamic of organization changed tremendously. Management was pressure oriented to make sales on unrealistic goals. Pressure was added to make sales goals or your job may be on the line. I felt we weren't serving the clientele like we had before.
Pros
Client Interaction, Salary
Cons
Low Salary, understaffed, not much career growth opportunity, lack of training
Flagstar does a lot for employees all of the time
FINANCIAL & COMPLIANCE LEAD / WAREHOUSE OPERATION (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 26, 2018
The culture, management and the employees are friendly and supportive. Accepted cross training opportunities are readily available. The facilities are top notch.
Pros
Culture & close to home
Cons
A couple of employees get threatened and become difficult to work with
run from the loss mitigation dept
Loss Mitigation Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 21, 2018
Manager and vp were very gossipy. Played favorites and promoted there friends only. It bascailly consisted of gossip and srong arming employees . I would not recomend.
Moral
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 19, 2018
Employee Moral is very low. Employees are not given respect by upper management. Employees feel they are not being heard. Its all about Flagstar and not employee moral.
Pros
Flagstar Foundation
Cons
moral
call center
Custodial Post Closing Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 17, 2018
A typical day we come in and call the borrowers employer to verify their employment. I learned how to speak to employers. flagstar has a mix work place
Didnt want to leave
Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 11, 2018
N/a. Didnt want to leave. Job was challanging and fun. I worked in management operations and in the Sales group I love speaking with customers and having that connection with both internal and external customer service
terrible company
Annuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 9, 2018
this is a terrible company to work for. It is a high pressure sales driven company that makes it extremely difficult to achieve success. The company gives ultimatums which are not motivating. They do not hire well from within.
Positive Work Culture
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 9, 2018
Flagstar encouraged employees to make customer service a priority and to go above and beyond. The incentives for sales was driven by the branch managers who created a positive culture.
I love the company that I work for.
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 7, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers. Flagstar believe in the Star Value process. The best part of my job is helping our customers. The flex time and work place culture makes Flagstar Bank a wonderful organization to be apart of.
Pros
flex time
Loved working at Flagstar Bank
SR. MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER 3 (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 29, 2018
I worked remotely from home, my day started at 10am finished at 7pm. I was on support team for the West Coast.
Management team was absolutely wonderful, very supportive.
Loved working w/ Flagstar.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Don't see people on daily basis.
Decent place to work with good benefits. Very diverse group of colleagues
Loan Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 27, 2018
There are a handful of department managers that really look out for their employees and try to create a fun and comfortable working atmosphere. However, department managers are spread thin with more than their share of responsibility. They are rarely able to sit at their desk to actually mentor and assist their employees. They become overbooked with meetings, causing them to literally run throughout the building to make it from one meeting to the next, which creates a semi-anxious atmosphere to work in. The PTO is great. They are almost always flexible with your schedule should something come up. Upper management is trying to do more for their employees and create a more inviting working atmosphere in order to retain their employees. It is definitely a work in progress.
Pros
Diverse, friendly, yearly picnics, Pto
Cons
It's not always made clear how to advance in your career, not everyone is given laptops/the ability to work from home
Flag star management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 20, 2018
Work was good till the new manager came in. All of us that were there for years were laid off and new people were hired at a lesser rate. We were told they would call us back. They never did.
Pros
Cons
10 to 12 hour days because of lack of help
A great place to work
Home Lending Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 20, 2018
Flagstar Bank is a great place to work. In recent years becoming more diversified and employee oriented. If you are a professional and possess the right stuff then you are in managements favor and will succeed. They do not necessarily look at qualifications but if you can play the game your in the rat pack.
Good work environment
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 20, 2018
Good work place culture no micromanaging management was helpful and understanding enjoyable working environment with opportunities to grow and move up
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Unable to change work schedule
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 14, 2018
Although I was just laid off, I enjoyed my years at Flagstar and would work for Flagstar again if given the chance. I understand the cyclical nature of the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss