FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Retail Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was never a dull moment. It was face paced, intense, stressful, and we stayed busy which kept us on our toes. We had a great core and worked well together. Working there was a pleasure and it was the best job I ever had.
Pros
Pay, my team, the pressure, just about everything
Cons
Our department went to Corporate and we got laid off
great place
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 7, 2018
Great company to work for, great people and enjoyed help customer obtain the properties. Great incentive programs great team work. management staff great.
Fun professional place to work
Post Closing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 6, 2018
They put you through alot of training, Its a always a learning environment. Family oriented, building strong relationships with colleagues and never they same thing from day to day. I love change. a great place for that.
Stressful and slow paced
Proctor Financial (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 3, 2018
Had inadequate training and did not enjoy the short time i was there! They paired me with an individual that didnt really want to train me because her work load was to much to focus on helping train me.
Junky Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 23, 2018
Never worked at a more poorly run call center. Very low pay and extreme biases and racism! The managers are uneducated They also love to discriminate against foreigners.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay and management
A stressful place where you will be underpaid amongst friends
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 13, 2018
People are very friendly, but it’s because they know everyone else there is also overworked and underpaid, so there is comradery.

It fluctuates with the mortgage market, so when the market is down they will cut folks and leave everyone else overworked and they’ll act like they’re benevolent for not keeping more people.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Stressful, Underpaid
An average company that wants to be a great company but doesn't know how.
Vice President, Manager Outright Loan Delivery (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 6, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job are the people you worked with. Flagstar is lacking sufficient IT resources for areas they determine are low priority. They have a good benefits package. As a manager you may not be able to obtain the resources needed if it means that it will affect the company making a profit.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
They will cut you loose if it means they will show a profit.
Professional Bank
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 25, 2018
This bank is a great to work for. I have been in the mortgage industry for 12 years and the last 8 I have worked for Flagstar Bank, even though the interest rate environment is tough Flagstar Bank, will always be customer focused.
To much time has pasted to review
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 14, 2018
Unable to review or answer questions honestly as i have not been employed with Flagstar for over a decade. I was laid off from Flagstar on December 1 2006.
Most awful place I've ever worked
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  NapoleonOctober 14, 2018
This is one of the most awful stressful places I have ever worked for they are very rude and ungrateful they are very sneaky the managers at the bank followed me around until they seen something that did not like and got me fired for it, I spent two years Faithfully coming in 3 days a week to clean and I was repaid by losing my job during a holiday also they would leave People's Bank information out like Social Security numbers and bank account numbers also they would leave full trays of money out trying to get the cleaners to be dishonest hope the proper people see this
Pros
You get followed bank-to-bank
Cons
Your pay is almost never on time!

Want to know more about FlagStar Bank?

Ask a question
successful
Loss Mitigation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 8, 2018
very helpful always attending every meeting very quiet work place time management is very helpful. team mates are always very helpful in helping out with work load.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Flagstar Bank is just Meh
Final Docs/ Post-Closing Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 7, 2018
I worked at Flagstar for a little over 4 years, the benefits are great; however, they need to work on offering better pay and not laying off so much. They only offer a 37.5 hours work week. Management in my old department was a joke and she treated the employees like we were kids and not hardworking adults. The hardest part of the job was making sure to meet your daily production goal, if you was just a tad bit shy of meeting, you had to elaborate as to why. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting all the bank observed holidays off and the benefits, as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, free employee checking
Cons
Pay, always laying people off, work hours
Outstanding
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 4, 2018
I have been in the mortgage industry for 15+ years. Flagstar Bank is heads and shoulders above the competition in relation to products, pricing, in house process efficiency, management and flexibility. The compensation exceeds any other depository institution while providing, not limited to, outstanding benefits, health care, 401K matching and stock purchase discount program.
Good Job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 1, 2018
Good job to work at. Shifts are not permanently set
Good people to work with
Management is somewhat good
Very low advancement opportunities
Taking calls for the mortgage side
Difficult place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 29, 2018
Before 2008 Flagstar was a wonderful place to work. The approach was focused on clients. After 2008 and the great recession the dynamic of organization changed tremendously. Management was pressure oriented to make sales on unrealistic goals. Pressure was added to make sales goals or your job may be on the line. I felt we weren't serving the clientele like we had before.
Pros
Client Interaction, Salary
Cons
Low Salary, understaffed, not much career growth opportunity, lack of training
Flagstar does a lot for employees all of the time
FINANCIAL & COMPLIANCE LEAD / WAREHOUSE OPERATION (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 26, 2018
The culture, management and the employees are friendly and supportive. Accepted cross training opportunities are readily available. The facilities are top notch.
Pros
Culture & close to home
Cons
A couple of employees get threatened and become difficult to work with
run from the loss mitigation dept
Loss Mitigation Underwriter I (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 21, 2018
Manager and vp were very gossipy. Played favorites and promoted there friends only. It bascailly consisted of gossip and srong arming employees . I would not recomend.
Moral
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 19, 2018
Employee Moral is very low. Employees are not given respect by upper management. Employees feel they are not being heard. Its all about Flagstar and not employee moral.
Pros
Flagstar Foundation
Cons
moral
call center
Custodial Post Closing Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 17, 2018
A typical day we come in and call the borrowers employer to verify their employment. I learned how to speak to employers. flagstar has a mix work place
Didnt want to leave
Client Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 11, 2018
N/a. Didnt want to leave. Job was challanging and fun. I worked in management operations and in the Sales group I love speaking with customers and having that connection with both internal and external customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss