FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere and people
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 13, 2018
I spent 3 years with the same department in a production and training environment. Was tasked with upskilling current employees and training new employees
Change for the better is slowly coming
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 12, 2018
Flagstar is making every effort to improve work/life balance, benefits and perks for the employees.

Cannot trust HR Business Partners when there is a greivence in fear of retaliation from Manager or co-workers. They don't seem to be sensitve to that fact during their investigations.
Pros
Improved benefits
Cons
Performance reviews
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Flagstar, good management team and everyone was very helpful and professional. The atmosphere was highly professional and productive.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Laid off
Fast pace environment.
Team 5 Supervisor - Mortgage Default (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Flagstar Bank there was room for advancement and opportunity for growth. The pay was very comparable, and the hours were flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Weekends
You're Only As Good As Your Last Sale
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 7, 2018
I successfully opened several new mortgage branches for the company just prior to the housing crisis, but as soon as the market turned, they shut down our offices without notice and fired over 30 people without warning.
Pros
Cons
only in it for the money
Lots of changes
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 1, 2018
When I worked at Flagstar Bank it was many years ago. It was a different culture and had gone through several changes. Many old co-workers and team members have returned to Flagstar and have nothing but great things to say.
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 26, 2018
this is a bank and they follow all of the rules. my position is remote, however the corporate office works tirelessly to promote diversity. the few times i have visited the corporate office have been enjoyable.
Chaos
Proctor Financial (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 20, 2018
Days were extremely busy and people were let go daily. Got 2 days of a make shift training course because they ran out of room with the main class. Then was put on the floor to learn the rest by myself.
Friendly Enviornment,
Wholesale Closer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 18, 2018
Management is very proactive and help guide you to learning any processes in question. Drive to improve, while having a very diverse and hardworking group to work with.
Pros
Great team, relatable people, diversity
Cons
Bonuses are very very rare
Cool coworkers
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJuly 16, 2018
It was good for an entry level position. Just enough to get some experience in and springboard to something else. Some of the cool things that happened, though was occasional presentations on how to save for retirement and tips on money management.
Get it In Writing!
Jr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2018
After going through an extensive interview process lasting over 3 months, and receiving a verbal commitment on compensation/position as a Sr. Loan Officer I decided to join Flagstar Bank. Within the first week everything I was told was a lie, everybit of it. From position to compensation.

If you're considering working as an LO for Flagstar take a deep look, in culture, comp plan, and programs as you may just find better options elsewhere. More importantly get everything in writing. Accept no verbal agreements.
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership.
Good Place to work
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 7, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. I worked at Corporate in the call center and was paid fairly well. The benefits are great. The only issue I had is they are growing too fast for the call center. There are not enough people. So they are always offering overtime. The problem is that they are constantly bringing food and making 15 min lunches mandatory. I think that is a terrible practice. If that was not the case, I would have stayed because I loved my job and everyone there. It is a great environment. If they fix that for good, then it would be a perfect job for someone looking for a stable good paying job.
Pros
Culture, management at the call center, benefits and pay
Cons
Cutting lunches
Good for the most part, some departments are terrible
Review Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 29, 2018
I interned at Flagstar’s HQ in 3 different departments before I applied for a full time position in a fourth department. My internships were fantastic - the people and the culture of the bank made the experience amazing. When I took the full time position, I was very excited- which was short lived. The department I ended up in had horrible two-faced management who picked favorites, and all of my coworkers were out for themselves instead of being team players. It was a very toxic work environment, and it has caused me to lose a lot of my respect for this company that I had once thought was amazing.
Organization that is moving forward and being more successful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 27, 2018
Management has a strong direction of the mission of the Bank and is committed to achieving that goal. Bank has done a lot to improve its' image as well as improve the environment for the employees.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great benefits, great pay, focus on employee
Cons
Can be demanding on employees
Productive and fun workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 25, 2018
Working as an Account Representative for Flagstar Bank, I had freedom to work and make decisions as i saw fit, as well as the structure needed to be as effective as possible.
many issues
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 25, 2018
there were many issues related to job advancement, internal movement, time off and benefits. I would not recommend this company to others, despite having worked there for over 5 years.
Good Market Manager- Not willing to promote from within
Assistant Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 13, 2018
Good relationships with people in branches. Promoting successful people from within is not the first priority. Responsive upper management is a plus. Constant reports spotlighting what you did wrong was annoying.
Pros
Moderate pay, flexible schedule when needed
Cons
Do NOT look to promote from with in.
Doing what needs to be done.
Warehouse Advance Processor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49201June 11, 2018
Flagstar is a good place to work and is on the up and up, growing in the banking world. In the department I work, it is a flexible environment with friendly people. What i love the most about my job, is the interaction I have with my companies. Building a relationship and knowing our companies have enough trust in me to get the job done....and in a timely manner.
Stressful atmosphere- must be able to push products on customers.
Licensed Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 28, 2018
As with all retail banking companies, sales goals are hard to reach in a dying retail banking atmosphere. If you do not hit the sales goals, you are let go.
Stay away from their retail mortgage division
Retail Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 28, 2018
Their message is “we want to grow retail”, but give their loan officers and management no competitive advantage. They have a “what are you going to do for us” attitude, as opposed to realizing we are what makes them money, and they are very vanilla.
About to go elsewhere as a self sourced loan officer. Ironically, where I’m going has almost all Flagstar retail products, and I will get paid more, and I can sell at lower rates. There’s no reason to work at Flagstar’s retail mortgage division if you are a decent producing L.O. You can do much better.
I don’t think they really understand retail mortgage, and what I takes to do well. Better off sticking to wholesale, which they are good at.
Benefits
Cons
Bad retail platform

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight