FlagStar Bank Employee Reviews

Flagstar sucks
Teller (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INMarch 24, 2019
I worked for Wells Fargo and was part of the transition to Flagstar. The training was insuffucient and we were very unprepared. A few months after the transition, I was fired for my first mistake.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Confusion
New to town
MORTGAGE ORIGINATOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 12, 2019
Flagstar swept the Nation with brick and mortar but did not support the the new teams with any sort of advertising or promoting making it hard to get business from a bank no one had herd of before.
Perfect
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 9, 2019
Perfect place to work for, nice people, good management , flex working hours, nice parking lots, clean cafeteria, clean restrooms, good exits, good temperature
Sr.AEM Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 3, 2019
I worked at Flagstar for a little over 8 months, the benefits are great; however, they need to work on offering better pay and not laying off so much. They only offer a 37.5 hours work week. Management in my old department was a joke and she treated the employees like we were kids and not hardworking adults.
It was a good temporary job
Legato Networker Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 21, 2019
I was hired to help them fix their backup systems. It was originally a six week contract. We were making progress so they kept extending the contract. After a while, they decided to migrate to a different backup solution and I was there "just in case'.
When the migration was completed I was let go.

The person I worked with was great and she knew her stuff and I learned a lot from her.

I heard other employees grumble about the culture, the holiday policy and other things so I decided not to seek employment there.
Pros
Co workers taught me the ropes
Cons
Corporate culture, employees didn't seem to happy there.
Productivity was the highest achievement along with good communication skills
loan processor-email account processor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 19, 2019
Typical day was of course arrive to work on a timely basis. Meeting a daily quota. We would participate in fun and games for our fun days. Potluck luncheon usually around certain holidays. The hardest part of the job can be frustrating when you having trouble with the computers. Example; It would be hard to meet our daily quota when there are issues like a very system (freeze ups and hesitations).
Pros
Free luncheons 2 to 3 times a year
Cons
Short lunches-volunteer work
Would I recommend Flagstar Bank?
Senior Government Underwriter (Former Employee) –  My homeFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Flagstar very much. I was very sorry to be laid off and I would recommend the company to others. Vert fast paced work environment, little to no supervision, let you just do your work at your pace. I was a very high volume UW and had multiple accolades for my customer service skills.
Flagstar
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2019
At Flagstar we looked for opportunities to help gain a better share of wallet for our customers. We did this through utilizing our mortgage products.
Good Company to work for
Processor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 10, 2019
Excellent benefits, they have periods of lay offs, but when they're working it's exciting. Great Managers and the work is challenging. Love working at the Corporate offices.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
lay offs
Bad place to work - Stay away!
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  MontanaFebruary 1, 2019
Flagstar does not care about retail, they promise the moon (lie to you) that they have big plans and all of these great programs that "no one else can do" (that is not true Wholesale can do them all and they get better rates than Retail - very frustrating!!) they promise to supply you with leads (1 in 15 months) and since no one in your state even knows who "Flagstar" is.. that's important. But then when you do get there, there is no advertising, they do not try to get the name out to the community (you do with little help from your manager) and there is simply no budget, they cant even afford to buy you a business card holder for your desk!! The management claims to be "professional" and is anything but (unreliable). The atmosphere there is one of zero trust, spying and lying, they take advantage of your experience and your contacts. If you are a Loan Officer who has any experience (at all) this is not the place for you, the compensation is very poor and don't be fooled or flattered by the (important sounding) title every Loan Officer is a "Senior Loan Officer" even the ones with absolutely ZERO experience. Management is less than professional, underwriting is ridiculously slow and closing has no idea how some states operate and don't care to understand . Management does not care about its employees they only care about how much money you can make for them. Worst place ever!! Oh yeah, that signing bonus... I encourage you to read the fine print!
Pros
mobility
Cons
pay and management
Flagstar
Senior Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working with Flagstar. They were gradually moving towards a good work/life balance. I will miss working there tremendously. I would suggests friends to work there.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
I was laid off
Not alot of room to grow
Branch Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 21, 2019
I was initially hired on as a relationship banker and went through their first phase of training into that title. The manager and assistant manager weren't readily available nor willing to train higher than what a tellers job function is and I never got my certification through them to work with customers on loans. There seemed to be a lot of miscommunication and favoritism within the branch. Do not recommend.
Pros
Benefits are good, the customers were great
Cons
managers need better comunication with each other
Call Center
Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 17, 2019
Hard to advance. I found that this position was not challenging for me. I didn’t get to utilize my skills as well as I though I should, do I deco to leave.
Terrible place to work
Assistant Manager - Custodial Vault (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 16, 2019
The management team changed during my time there. With the new management came unrealistic expectations, lack of appreciation and concern for the staff members.
Very stressful
Summer Intern, Closing Services (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I left Flagstar because I knew it wasn't something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Plus management was awful. Communication skills were at an all time low, and management was very unpleasant. I didn't learn to much I basically did all of the small petty work. A typical day at Flagstar was being told that I wasn't doing a good enough job. That sums up why I left Flagstar.
Contractor
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2019
As a contractor I do not have any information regarding workplace culture. My typical day was from 8 am to 5 pm. The staff was friendly. I did not have any interaction with upper management.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Compensatopn
Good company for customers
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 26, 2018
Okay company to work for but, mostly for customers not employees. Not everyone follows the set rules. When you bring up suggestions, you are usually shut down.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Employees not working at corporate are usually forgotten.
Very positive work environment
Licensed Banker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIDecember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Flagstar very much. I was given the chance to move up very quickly thought working hard and producing good numbers. We held a meeting every morning to discuss goals, concerns, what we needed to be successful that day. I had a very good hands on manager that wanted everyone to do well. We were able to do off site meetings with local businesses and employees to earn there business.
Pros
Very positive, family environment, great work life balance.
Cons
A bit under paid.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Retail Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that there was never a dull moment. It was face paced, intense, stressful, and we stayed busy which kept us on our toes. We had a great core and worked well together. Working there was a pleasure and it was the best job I ever had.
Pros
Pay, my team, the pressure, just about everything
Cons
Our department went to Corporate and we got laid off
great place
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 7, 2018
Great company to work for, great people and enjoyed help customer obtain the properties. Great incentive programs great team work. management staff great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight