FlagStar Bank

FlagStar Bank Reviews: Working at FlagStar Bank

United States561 reviews

FlagStar Bank insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Disconnected from reality in this market

Flagstaff did not belong in the northern va market if it was not going to give us competitive pricing. They make it hard to win clients by not having competitive pricing.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

poor pricing

Such a supportive company, very family oriented

I have special needs child and Flagstar Insurance is amazing. They also are flexible for medical appointments. Huge support to Lending needs. So many amazing programs to offer our community. Love that we compete with no origination charges and competitive rates. They encourage you to be out networking, taking realtors to lunch, participating in events to get ourselves out in market. They don’t require us to be sitting behind a desk just cold calling. Manager is so supportive to be available to help. Offers help to any needs. Encourages growth. Mortgage Lending smart and also family oriented. Haven’t worked for a better company. I LOVE my job and I am always smiling and happy to be at work.

Pros

Everything.

Great company

The compensation package is very reasonable. Management was great. I went through a LOS transition, which was handle fairly well. The amount of mortgage products was very good.

A "Clicky" company

When I first hired into Flagstar Bank I fell in love with the company, as time went on I watched myself fall out of friendships because I did not believe in the way the other coworkers treated each other and in a rude manner and thought it was funny. and how management had double standards when it came to particular coworkers and myself. If you are a person who is willing to change your personality to fit in than this is a company for you. I could not change my morals and go along with the lying and bad mouthing another another and believe that it was OK.

Horrible Area Management

Micromanager and very condescending. Speaks to everyone like a child. Very good at telling people what he thinks they want to hear to get them hired.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Fast food lifestyle

Fast food management was hard work and long hours for low pay. Hourly managers and employees were worked extremely hard for little financial benefit.

Pros

free meals for managers

Cons

poor work life balance, unmotivated work force, sometimes worked close and then open with only a couple of hours of sleep.

Wish I still worked there - Jill B

Wish I still worked there. Coworkers are awesome. Benefits are awesome. Management is caring. Cares about the community and it's employees. Keeps up with the technology

managers are awful

The management for this company does not support employees and only looks out for themselves. Very ridged on employee requirements. Would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

everything

Fun place to work

Enjoy working with great team of employee but the salary is not enough for me. Management team is great to work with and lots of opportunities for growth and training. They have a lot of networking opportunities to get together outside of work

Great company to work for with great benefits.

Being new to banking it was a different but pretty interesting experience. Taking advantage of the offers for certain accounts, to setting up retirement plans helped me learn a lot, which helped me inform our customers about products and services. There are internal trainings available whenever you want to "refresh" your skills. Trainers are SUPER nice and make sure you have the tools to be successful. The most enjoyable part is of course earning the trust of a client, and you're rewarded with incentives plus the happiness of a customer.

Pros

Individual and branch incentives

Cons

Can be slow paced.

great mortgage bank!

Processed loan packages to interested clients. Booked Mortgage loans on Pro-Vantage System and Mor-trac daily data entry operations and phone calls.

Pros

Great people

Cons

no parking

Great benefits and training. I received training in the banking related regulations, and industry leading standards (NIST, ISO, etc.). Great place to work.

Productive and positive team work enviroment

Managers, auditors and everyone worked together as a team to get all files handled correctly and efficiently in a timely manner. Everyone encouraged one another to help each on any tasks.

Pros

Friendly work enviroment

Cons

Being laid off

Good working experience in financing company

Nice work environment and enjoyed working at Flagsar bankand got mortgage and financing company experience. Nice work place and encouraging management.

Great company, poor leadership

workplace culture is good, was given many opportunities to learn a lot. they only work 7.5 hours per day (37.5 a week). Its nice having a branch at work and you are encouraged to go during work.

Pros

7.5 hour work day

no, I do not wish to provide this information. all the companies I've worked for are excellent to employees and I am not comfortable providing any other info

Flagstar Bank is a great employer

Flagstar Bank provides great benefits including health benefits, dental, vision, life insurance, stock purchase plan, STD and LTD. They provide a good working environment for their employees with opportunity to grow.

Lower pay for the industry, not advanced on technology

Pros: Good health insurance, 3 weeks PTO which includes vacation/sick time, 10 bank holidays per year Cons: 1. If you're a new employee, no chance you'll be a able to take a vacation around holiday time, and you'll be working most Saturdays. 2. Management can come in/leave earlier/later, not always present or there to help. 3. Work week is 37.5 hours and they don't want you to have any more than that. If you want to work less, it could be great, but if you're trying to make more money - not ideal. 4. It's a sales position. Sales goals, pressure from management is a huge part of you day, you have to product push and make phone calls to exciting and new clients (cold calling included).

Fun place to work

Customer service very busy most of the time had a lot of pros we had overtime almost every week the training for this position took about 3 weeks so that was a plus because they really made sure that everyone understood everything.

Great workplace

I really enjoyed working at Flagstar. Great company, culture, leadership, benefits, growth potential - everything! Don't hesitate to accept a position here, you'll be happy.

Horrible place to work.

Stay away from Flagstar Bank. Don't do it! Keep very far away, especially if you are in the Mortgage Banking Group. The management group has no idea how to operated a business and create a platform for operating mortgage banking loan officers. They totally hang you out to dry. You are told you will receive everything you need to operate your new business in your established market and then you find out they lied to you. They hang you out to dry with no support and after they have lied to you about the support you were going to get they let you go because you didn't measure up. And then they try to sue you to recoup wages, because they think they did nothing wrong. The story is way bigger than this small message I am leaving here, just avoid this place. You can do way better.

Pros

Cons

too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight