FlagStar Bank

FlagStar Bank Reviews: Working at FlagStar Bank

United States561 reviews

FlagStar Bank insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Disconnected from reality in this market

Flagstaff did not belong in the northern va market if it was not going to give us competitive pricing. They make it hard to win clients by not having competitive pricing.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

poor pricing

Nice place to start!

Training was a bit rough but the Supers make sure you have what you need to succeed. Good pay, benefits , and etc. They’re also very flexible and understanding of things in terms of having a little ones and virtual schooling and etc . It’s really a great place to work , no cap.

Spoc

GoodCompany but Human Resources are the most disrespectful people never would recommend this placeTo anyone need to get it together before it folds because of employees

Inefficient policies

Their policies and procedures make for very upset customers. Micromanagement is prevalent and not handled positively. They will tell you they are all about work/life balance, however requesting even an hour off to take your child to the dr requires you to jump through hoops. Very frustrating to be a responsible adult working for a company that treats you like a teenager with their first job. Their computer systems/software are archaic and not user friendly

Pros

Sunday’s off

Cons

Micromanaging, inefficient processes, outdated computer systems

Great Company

Flagstar is a great place to work. There are advancement opportunities for those who seek them but the road to advancement could be a bit more defined for contact center agents but the chances are there. I have had an incredible experience with the only Manager I've had here but I have seen some managers that could use some improvement. There are a lot of leadership courses available if you have the time to take them and attending the courses is encouraged by most.

Pros

Good pay for most positions, good benefits, and solid advancement.

Cons

Need to staff more appropriately and carve out a path for entry level team members.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great place to work. Great tone from the top.

I would definitely recommend working at Flagstar if you get the opportunity. Great CEO, concern for all employees. Salary and benefits are better than market.

Pros

Salary, benefits, and PTO

Cons

Work hard, but paid well.

Great environment, very diverse and inclusive. It's a very busy time in the industry and management is supportive. Good benefits and overall was a great career move for me.

Hours and ot

The job itself is good but no work-life balance. Easy to pick up the job. Allows advancement after a year. But it is overtime is mandatory and when it's high volume scheduling is for breaks is all at the beginning of the day.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short lunches no work life balance

Great place!

Work hard and you will be successful. Great people, great leadership. Not a fluff job. People that try to skate by won’t make it here. The leaders seem to care about the people here.

Pros

Treated as a human

Cons

Technology

Good Company

The company is very nice, working from home has been a challenge but they do provide changes. There always alot of changes that you are thrown into on the fly. I think there should be more time for teams members to get adjusted. Also, feel that there should be practice calls during training.

Great Company

Pros

Good pay for most positions, good benefits, and solid advancement.

Cons

Great place to work, rhe company cares about their employees. Technology needs improvement, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at FlagStar Bank is good.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at FlagStar Bank are very good.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at FlagStar Bank, I think I am secure.ManagementIn general, managers at FlagStar Bank care about their employees.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at FlagStar Bank is good.OverallMy experience working at FlagStar Bank is good.

Great company.

Work-life balanceThis really is one of the very best companies to work for in Michigan. Benefits are exceptional the people are great and the company culture is about second to none. The drive for diversity and acceptance is very welcoming to everyone. The executive management are in touch with the staff and very approachable. If you are looking for a job in the banking industry I can't think of a better place to work. If you are considering applying, I say don't hesitate. Pursue that position opening. I doubt you will regret making the move.Pay & benefitsBase pay is a bit on the low side compared to my same position at other banks, but PTO, (about 3 weeks starting year #1) generous benefits (health vision and dental etc) , 401k matching and very flexible hours as well as options to work from home more than make up for it.Job security and advancementThere is a clear path for advancement which is communicated to employees. High achievers are rewarded.ManagementThe CEO is one of the most down to earth and grounded people at his level. He is innovative and is always looking for ways to interact with and make employees feel valued.CultureDiversity and inclusion are given exceptional high priority. Minorities and women are raised up and given an exceptional voice.OverallPro's: Everything. Good work is rewarded. Cons: in the year and a half I've been with Flagstar Bank, I can't think of many Base pay could be higher.

Bad company to work for

As a Wells Fargo employee sold to Flagstar the transition was disastrous for customers and employees. Their efforts to make matters better lack severely after over a year. Management and movement within the company is terribly selected and maintained. Very aggressive sales tactics and extremely high goals making them nearly unachievable. Excessive and forceful outbound solicitation expectations. Useless employee support and untrained help lines. Very poor training and extremely outdated systems and policies.

Pros

Off Sundays

Cons

Poor management, insufficient training and resources, Unknowledgeable support staff, broken policies, aggressive sales goals.

Management shows too much favoritism! Bankers are treated better. Wabash In has poor upper management as well.

● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at FlagStar Bank is ok. Nothing great● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at FlagStar Bank are ok● Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at FlagStar Bank, I think they want older Wells Fargo employees out. They pay less. So new hires would get lower pay and save them money. Way too much turner since Flagstar took over.● ManagementIn general, managers at FlagStar Bank show favoritism. They do not wait on people. They have separate rules fir themselves.● CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at FlagStar Bank is micro managed. We are treated like kids.● OverallMy experience working at FlagStar Bank has been ok.

Flagstar as a company is great, but individual managers may vary.

Flagstar is a great bank to work at under the right management. In retail banking, you should already know what to expect with clientele, work load, and the general day to day. However, your individual management team may vary. I knew some great managers; however, my personal management team was awful. She never had anything good to say about my performance, and then when I was meeting my goals and exceeding my numbers, she claimed that I lied on making my numbers, and that I can't be trusted. So, I resigned in fear of losing my job as she was attempting to get me terminated and defaming my name for both HR, who didn't seem to take an interest in my grievance, the market manager, and security. I hope that if you work there, you don't have to work under the same management team.

Pros

Pay is decent.

Cons

Your manager could claim that your a liar even though you've been in banking for a half a decade.

Mind numbing work

I've been here for about 6 months, the job is fairly easy however when you need support youre required to call a HOT line, theres little to no interaction from your supervisor after your training you're just expected to know and figure out a 500 page user guide, that takes forever to load, they insist that you must leave notes on every call but their system malfunctions regularly, the work is repetitive, and they cut your lunches, and your day to day schedule changes everyday, its nice to have weekends off but you are scheduled to work on Saturday a month and they pick your following work week day off so you can have an extremely long work week. you get paid $15 an hour and most are contracted and have to work 600 hours before brought on as full employees, so you do not get the same benefits as the flagstar employee you have to EARN to be treated like a decent human, i've personally decided I am leaving the company as the work is not satisfying, its repetitive, theres no actual support and theres constant fussing about what we as employees need to do without any change from actual management which isn't a shocker however they dont pay enough or have enough support to feel like, nothing ever works, quality assurance dings calls that you were barely trained onthe jobs ok at best

Pros

weekends off

Cons

no support, training is deceptive, very repetitive, no bonuses, they contact you and then you get the bare minimum, the insurance is EXTREMELY expensive, and NO time off

A different culture based on the city

The company doesn't realize its grown into separate sub cultures and that makes the work environment very toxic. The management have made it very political when it comes to promotions or pay increases. I think for me working there for over 5 years and having someone off the street with less experience and training be paid more for a lesser position. Overly to many cold calls needed to succeed.

Pros

9 to 5

Cons

No flexibility

Fun workplace with great benefits

Flagstar acquires 52 branches fromWellsfargo and kept all team members employed in the branch. The acquisition was tough through the first year but got better through the second year.

Diversity and Inclusion

This company works hard to make sure everyone has a voice. I enjoy working at this company, the only negative is technology. Their systems are not the most up to date.

Pros

Remote, diversity, cafeteria, advancement

Employee and customer friendly, community driven, fair management

I worked there for 34 years, now retired, and I can say it was a great place to work! I loved my job, the people I worked with a long with other departments were fun and easy to work with. Everyone was a " team player". Management treated everyone fairly and they were encouraging in all you did. They also were appreciative of all you did and was quick to tell you so. If I had to do it all over, I would want to work at Flagstar again. My manager was the best manager I have ever had and I miss him and I miss my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FlagStar Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare FlagStar Bank with

• FlagStar Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?