Flambeau Inc. Employee Reviews

Supervisors are substandard and unfair
injection mold operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 22, 2018
You are expected to be their promptly to start your day on time. You are trained to work at many different presses. Some of the supervisors will lie to your face. When you notify supervisors about safety violations they usually don't respond to make sure the violations don't occur again unless OSHA is scheduled to be there at a specific time, then they make sure none of the violations happen at that specific time. They don't make sure people have a safe area to work in, they don't listen when employees give them information about how fast a machine is running when employees can't keep up and they don't give you extra help when it is required.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
no translated safety sheets for hispanics, only some follow rules
Fast paced, but badly managed
Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 6, 2018
Let go just before the end of the 60 days, but was offered a job in a different position if I re apply. Don't hold your breath for the $250 referral bonus. Poor maintenance of machenery. Fast paced physical work, good if you need a couple months paycheck to get on your feet, otherwise not so much.
Pros
Fast paced, okay paycheck
Cons
Too cheap to fix their equipment, management is horrible
Not a career job
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 30, 2018
Flambeau is a good place to work to make money while you find something else. They have a hard time keeping help which leaves the employees they do have working a tremendous amount of overtime.
Pros
Money
Cons
No work/life balance
A company that does not care about their employee's
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMay 26, 2018
I dealt with non-stop harassment of all kinds. Going to human resources and the bosses didn't do any good. Actually, it made things worse. Everyone would know exactly what you said to them. There was no confidentiality. There's tons of favoritism from the bottom to the top.
Private owned company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 9, 2018
Only care about hourly production and not enough about fixing the machines to produce them. Management supervisors and quality auditors lack communication
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of communicatio
productive but slow
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
There was no advancement, management is terrible, raises hardly given. Breakroom filled with bugs. Vending machines always have problems. Not a good place to work. Not enough ventilations when running plastic
Very Interesting
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMarch 13, 2018
I learned a lot from my experience at Flambeau. I was exposed to new and exciting technology in the drafting department. When my internship was over I wanted to focus on my studies.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Madison, GAFebruary 15, 2018
The work place is great and the staff are ok at times but the job is a continuous job you can never worry about competitive competition but the job can be stressful at times
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Short breaks not enough breaks
other employees were nice to work with
offsite warehouse lead, clerk (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJanuary 4, 2018
the other employees that I worked with were very nice. Upper management was a big click. Not real respectful to the employees.
didn't trust the HR staff. anything you said personal was talked
about among the click of management.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management
Productive workplace and respectable environment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJanuary 4, 2018
During my hours of working ,there were some good and bad things about it, but that was the typical day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you could get your work done in peace and then take your break, even though the breaks were short. The management and supervisors never gave me a hard time and they respected my work abilities.
Pros
could work overtime whenever you wanted, coworkers were nice
Cons
short breaks
Productive work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Madison, GAJanuary 1, 2018
Assembly is not that bad. It could be better. I just hate packing when you have to put on a lot of components. Lack of team work. Everybody is for their self.
Pros
Company picnics.
Cons
Short breaks and expensive healthcare plans.
fast paced
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIDecember 31, 2017
so this job was hard for me to work since i cant stand hot heat from the plastic and some presses were too fast for me to be on which caused issues with other people who wokred with me.
Productive and really good work place a lot of great people as well.
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2017
This job has been one of the best jobs I think I will get. I say this because, it gave me a lot of tools for the future, helped me improve a lot in many skills. It also helped me learn a lot of skills.
Good working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHDecember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Flambeau. I learned a lot about working on a hotline and how to repair things that they make. The management team was easy to work with. The different dept. worked together well. It is in the middle of the snowbelt, but if you live nearby, it is not a problem.
Fast paced and entertaining
PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHDecember 14, 2017
Typical days were fun, Coworkers are fun to talk to. Hardest Part is just Finding a rhythm and Figuring out the fastest way to keep up with the press.
Chaotic and Unorganized! No Focus!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Madison, GANovember 7, 2017
Plant manager is weak. Entire plant has the "Cover Your Butt" mentality.Lack of involvement and support from upper management (corporate) allows for the mediocre performance to become the predominant culture!!! Most supervision is weak, un-engaged, and in way above their skill sets. This could be an awesome place to work if you flushed it and started over.with New Faces...New Attitudes...Clear Direction!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Flambeau was fast pasted custom / captive molder
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 27, 2017
this company has a lot of opportunities. They build there own tools and the have both injection and blow molding equipment. They are a tier 1 supplier, the hardest part of my day was dealing with quality issues, making the decision if the parts were usable or not
Not worth investing half your life for
Worker (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIOctober 17, 2017
Management lacks, the company doesn't care about their people. Can't keep people, it's a revolving door. You work up to a higher position only for the company to decide they are going to reconstruct and you lose the position you just got. Don't want to pay their people what they are really worth. They look for ways in cheaper labor to benefit them. Don't waste your time here.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Fast Pace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 16, 2017
Extremely fast pace. No climate control out on the production floor. Very nice climate controlled break room with good food selection. A reasonable pay rate.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
work area not climate controlled
Fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAOctober 11, 2017
Good place to work , good people to work around , I would say that this is a good place to work if you are interested in a good paying job , you just have to be quick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flambeau Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.