Fleet Landing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
Meaningful work in a beautiful setting. The campus is so pretty. They offer residents a lot of options for how they live an active retirement. I hope to live there one day!
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay.
Cons
A little out of the way.
I hate to leave
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJune 19, 2018
I love where I work and who I work with, but my husband got a job somewhere else, and I have to relocate with him, so I have to leave. If not for that I would not be going anywhere...
Pros
Culture, comrodary
Cons
Pay
Nice work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMay 7, 2018
It was an good a nice place to work. My best experience was talking and taking care of my Clients. The hardest thing was watching them decline. Its all about them.
Pros
Caring for the Elder
Fun Workplace
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
It was a fun place to work, I learned a lot and enhanced my skills during my employment. This company showed how well they valued their employees with opportunities of advancement as well as rewards of excellence.
High energy and fast paced work environment
SERVER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 28, 2018
An amazing restaurant to be a part of with a great group of coworkers, experienced management in a beautiful location. The fast pace work environment keeps the day busy.
Pros
Location, Team oriented
Cons
Short breaks
Has Potential but limited room for growth
Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Fleet Landing has a lot to offer, but also is stuck between being a corporate entity and a 'mom & pop shop'. When they start making decisions based on the quality of services offered and through listening to the strong management team's ideas, instead of 'personal preferences' they will be a strong organization.
Strong ethics, good management team, good corporate culture
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLDecember 29, 2017
This has been the best job I have had. The management team is strong and being a stand-alone facility there is none of the corporate pressure for performance for the wrong reasons. The emphasis truly is on what is best for the residents.
Great Residents, awful management team
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Welcome CenterNovember 14, 2017
Worked here for little under a year, they boast about being non profit, yet take ALL KINDS of money each year for the residents to pay in rent. The residents pay the BONUS, not the employer. The raises are never more than 2%, because they find a way to say you didn't do enough in your job. There was favoritism all over. The only thing I thought was semi decent was the employee cafe, and the cooks that worked in it.
Pros
Cafe, great property, nice residents (for the most part)
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, no room for advancement
Over great place to work
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2017
Very Productive. Friendly. Management cares about the welfare of the employees. Food is great. Caring for the elderly.Health insurance is good. Salary is good.
Fast paced, friendly staff, management needs work
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2017
General staff are hard working & friendly. Some managers lack good work ethics and professionalism.

Great employee cafe.

Annual reviews are cookie cutter and the so called raises sadly reflect how they value hard work.
Awesome retirement community
Coleman Dining Room & Grill (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJune 25, 2017
A great place for elderly people to move in, make themselves at home and feel safe. Residents will always have the the nearby assistance, necessities and entertainment to allow them to be happy and healty.
Pros
Beautiful; Endless Possibilities to benefit Residents
Cons
Expensive Housing.
Voted Best Seafood Restaurant #1
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 19, 2017
Fleet Landing Is A Nice Restaurant In The Charleston Area Voted#1 Best Seafood And There Always Busy Year Round And They have The best seafood gumbo and she crab soup
Pros
Employees Get Free Meals
Cons
Employees Can Take Breaks Anytime
In my opinion bad place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLApril 27, 2017
Used to work here 1 yr ago. Management overbearing and more worried about profits than your family. I know several fellow employees that have been let go for minor reasons. There are better places to work.
Pros
Landscaping pretty, residents nice
Cons
Feels like Administration overbearing
Nice retirement community
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 22, 2017
A continuing retirement community set in a country club atmosphere. Great place for young people who want to work part time. Good benefits and work schedule
Pros
Great residents and good management team
at work
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 19, 2017
typical day at fleet landing was ok for the most part. that place has a favoritism at its worst if your not liked 9 times out of 10 your day didn't go well .
Pros
blah blah
Cons
blah blah
Great community with great residents
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Working here was an experience and pleasure. The different culture from hospitality was rewarding and educational. The employees were always ready to help and residents were appreciative.
Pros
Employees and residents
Cons
no comment
Beautiful waterfront dining on the charleston harbor, with fresh local catches daily and a wrap around bar that extends outside also
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2016
A typical day of work would involve opening the restaurant, which would usually take about 40-50 min on average. Then the staff would get together for line up while the chef would reiterate the additions of the day. In my time their I learned many lessons of all aspects of the business, from the back of the house to front of the house. Management was very helpful and accommodating, especially when service was extremelly busy. With a staff that included sometimes 12 to be on the floor at once, things could get pretty harry but for the most part everybody pulled their weight and helped when needed. The most rewarding part would have to be when the people really just enjoyed the experience and had a smile from ear to ear.
Pros
great staff with customers laid back and happy to be there
Cons
weather could be a factor and doubles without any break
Horrible Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 30, 2016
There is no room for advancement. Management says they'll look into something later, which really means never. Upper management believes that employees are incompetent and consistently need to be micromanaged on a daily. Managers talk down to employees and think they are above all. As an employee, you feel under appreciated and are not compensated for your hard work. Worst company I have ever worked for. It's not a healthy working environment.
A good place to work as a CNA.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 21, 2016
Working in Fleet Landing is a good opportunity for nursing students or healthcare professionals looking for experiences in the nursing home community.
A day In the life of a fast paced floater....
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
My typical day working at Fleet Landing was shucking oysters, filleting fish, and making salads. I moved quickly to the second part of the line where we had to be able to multitask and take orders coming in on the screen, which required a huge sense of urgency. Working alongside sautee especially in the winter and slower months I learned about why temperature is of utter importance and the major role the prep workers play in the restaurant industry.
Pros
free food/ take home pay/ location
Cons
lacking strong management/ records

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleet Landing. Our community is ready to answer.