Fleet Readiness Center East Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
management is disgraceful
Aircraft Ordnance Systems Repairer (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 31, 2018
most managers treat subordinates as animals instead of real people. the culture in the individual shops follow along the lines of " I wont teach you what I know because I will no longer be important"
Decent jobs
Mech (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NCJuly 12, 2018
Good travel opportunities. Civil service offers decent benefits. Forced overtime was common. It was very difficult to make plans on days off because of it. Extremely competitive between employees and typical shop drama is always present. Decent jobs for the local population but would not recommend relocating for the job.
competative
TOOL AND PARTS ATTENDANT WORK LEADER (WL-6904-06) (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 11, 2018
Fleet readiness center east is a very good place to work. The work atmosphere is very serious because aircrafts are involved.People take there jobs seriously. Plenty of opportunity for overtime if you choose.
Pros
Breaksand holiday schedule
Cons
Upper management
Awesome
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Havelock, NC 28532March 22, 2018
Awesome place to work for veterans. Friendly work environment. They are amazing when it comes to leave and working with you on time off. Would recommend this company for others .
Best place to work in the whole state
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCAugust 22, 2017
best place to work in the whole state. great pay, benefits, and plenty of opportunities for advancement. They have a union to protect you and your job, and the supervisors are great and understanding.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 minute lunch break everyday.
Cons
none what so ever
benefits are great
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJune 13, 2017
good pay and benefits, ability to learn different skills in a structured environment. I have learned to be flexible and work in a variety of settings. The duties are carried out in a warehouse/aircraft hanger in a non-climate controlled environment. Having to learn a lot of different programs depending on the area being worked without little to no formal training. The most enjoyable part is when you are able to help the customer get the parts he/she need in order to do their job.
Pros
pay
Cons
non climate controlled environment
Frc-east
Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Worker (Current Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NCMarch 23, 2016
Good place to work. Easily make 40 hours a week with some occasional overtime. Mandatory breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Two 15 minute breaks daily. Night and weekends off.
I loved my job
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCOctober 16, 2015
I ran electrical wiring in aircraft in reference to schematics and routing diagrams. I terminated wiring and assisted with continuity checks to ensure termination was correct.
Pros
Challenge of doing a great job
Excellent place to start my learning experience in Sheet Metal
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJune 3, 2014
I went through the Co-Op and apprentice program. I learned from the best of the best in each particular shop. I learned it all. Repairs, skin changes, forming, shrinking, stretching, how to read and interpret manuals and blueprints. I learned to how to work in groups to complete small as well as larger tasks. My co-workers were awesome. I really enjoyed working here. The hardest part of my job was working elbow to elbow a lot of times with other mechanics. Not too bad but kinda cramped sometimes. The most enjoyable part of my job was stepping back when I completed a task and admiring what I have just completed. I consider it art.
Pros
Holiday pay, advancement, great benefits
Cons
That I decided to leave
Productive work environment
U. S. Government (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMay 21, 2014
I was very fortunate to work in many areas of the Government throughout the 30 years of service. I learned so much from management, co-workers, friends. A typical day was to manage the PBL concepts for the Government. I was responsible for insuring all the product from the contractors (i.e. GE, Honeywell, Hamilton Sunstrand), so that the government employees could have workload available on a daily basis. I provided monthly reports to all concerned in the PBL, and, I held monthly meetings between the government employees and the contractors, so, we all stayed on the same page. I loved my job, and, only retired so we could move down to our home on the river and enjoy it while we still had good health. I had great co-workers, and, my last position was as a Business Operations Specialist, working in the main Business Office at Cherry point...there were NO hard parts to my job, it was just the huge responsibility I had on my shoulders, but, nothing I could not manage on any given day.
Pros
We accrued annual leave and sick leave while working for the Government
Cons
Having to get up at 4:30 in the morning to be at work by 6:20...work began at 6:30 A.M.

Want to know more about Fleet Readiness Center East?

Ask a question
I actually love my job and the things I do and what makes is great is the people that I work closely with we are like family.
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, North CarolinaMay 23, 2012
I really look forward to going to work and going above and beyond to get the job done. The people that I work with are like family. Every other family I always cook for the people I work with. I am a go getter and if there is an opportunity to learn more I don't mind taken the challenge. The hardest part of my job is working short handed and getting my management team to understand the correct procedures of how we do out job.
Pros
the benefits; coworkers
Cons
management