Fleetpride Employee Reviews

Pay is NOT fair
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 12, 2018
Been here 5 years, got one raise (if you could even call it that) I get 3 sick days, vacation time is laughable, paycheck ISN'T worth the time I'm putting in. Only reason I haven't left yet is because no body is hiring. Seriously, not even $11 an hour are you kidding? For 5 years? No, no, not when others are starting out at nearly $13 and up. no. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to work.
Pros
Overtime when you get it.
Cons
sink or swim environment, been injured twice, NO advancement, NO raises, weak leadership, rotating door on the personel, bosses play favorites, did I mention NO RAISES?!?!
Not Bad but not Great
DRIVER/WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 1, 2018
Pretty straight forward work nothing too difficult. Need to be comfortable Driving in any condition such as bad storms or heavy traffic. Heavy lifting is a HUGE part of your day everyday. All stock trucks are checked and counted by hand which can be very time consuming and inconvenient due to having to pull orders for customers all throughout the day. As far as being a driver the toughest part can be navigation. Some customers are not easy to find due to wrong addresses. Sometimes customers order more then you can carry in a load which creates a problem for other customers.
Pros
Good 8 to 5 hours with 1 hour break
Cons
A large amount of heavy lifting in a warehouse with no AC.
Your coworkers make it worth working here. Management seems like they do things by the seat of they're pants.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 25, 2018
FleetPrided isn't a bad place to work at. If management was better along with a few other things. I would have stayed or even return to work there. My fellow coworkers made it worth going back everyday. The hours are long, and come to work busting your tail everyday for others to come in just to collect a paycheck.
Pros
One hour lunches, always have something to do. No reason to sit around
Cons
Management was a revolving door.
Do not work at this D.C.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This company is a joke. Managers don t even communicate with employees. No quality leadership at all. Favoritism is holding this company back. HR department can't answer any of your questions. No bonus program at all, no company events. Avoid this place at all cause. Put in a 2 weeks notice on Monday and was let go today. Little do they know, that was a big favor to me. Will terminate you for calling in if you don't have sick time. They only give you 80 hours of pto time, which is nothing. Worst place that I have ever worked for in my life.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Management, HR Department.
Great Place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILSeptember 15, 2018
I could not have asked for a better expierence at Fleetpride! The manager as well as employees worked great as a team. Management always noted hard work!
Pros and Cons of working here
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2018
They have decent vacation day package and tight knit environment. A lot of turnover lately and changes within the company. Most people around there tend to be about themselves. Was a good place to start out career but not so much for long term advancement.
High pace little reward
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2018
High pace little reward. Employees are fun to work with,
Management will do little to get you a pay increase, would rather see you leave then offer a good employee more money. expect less then .25 cents a year if your lucky.
If you are a supervisor prepare to be over worked and yelled at.
Pros
constant pay check
Cons
Managers
Fleetpride is great
Parts Counter Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 1, 2018
Loved my job at FleetPride. I was treated with respect, patients, and trained to advancement My coworkers were very knowledgeable, Very kind and couteous,. They all assisted me and showed me a lot about parts and resources , Corporate is very helpful, plenty of advancement available if you apply yourself, and work hard and can relocate . I highly recommend a career with FLEETPRIDE , I started as a parts counter sales , and before I decided to leave was offered several advanced positions
Pros
Great Team spirit, p;enty of training
Cons
Must assist in many different jobs
Caution
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2018
If the branch was run by the branch manager then there wouldn’t be such a high turnover. The warehouse manager is an extreme micro manager. You will be watched and monitored with every thing you do in the warehouse, with deliveries, breaks, where your at in the warehouse(you can’t be alone anywhere). You will not be allowed to go up to the front counter for any reason other than picking parts. The Warehouse manager has a outburst temper and will explode on you if you mess up or don’t do something your asked to do under time limits you may not be able to complete. Be expected to be treated like a child if you mess up, you will be punished if you forget something or if you stand up for yourself. Manager is a “do I as say, not do as I do” type of manager.

Pro is Monday through Friday, sometimes they have breakfast and lunch.
Pros
Free lunch when it’s available, Monday through Friday
Cons
Micro Management, expensive insurance, fear of job security
not a great place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 26, 2018
don't mind the heavy lifting an theres quite a bit of that.. most customers expect you to unload at their facility, whether it was 5 lbs or 500 lbs without help.. insurance cost are absorbent, way to expensive, salary $12.00 per hour.. little advancement, getting supplies from corporate is a joke..
Pros
driving
Cons
lack of company concern for employees
10/10 Would Recommend
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 10, 2018
I worked at fleet pride as a seasonal inventory employee. The management was easy to work with, and the job was fun. It’s a well run business. I would return if given the opportunity.
Bad company to work for.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJAugust 8, 2018
Lack fo leadership in the company Especially the NECR Manager and his boss. Never in my 20 year working career have I seen a operation like Fleetprid
Pros
Closes at 530. Thats about it. And ok pay but not for what you do. People think its a lot, but after bemefits amd the company's bs its not much.
Cons
No body knows what is going on, Lack of staff, They wait until someone gets hurt to fix it, Counter staff are idiots.
fleetpride
AP ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 7, 2018
There were no advancement opportunities. The new system Transcepta was not working well and caused the workload to get far behind.

There seemed to be a quite a bit of turnover.

There is a tremendous receiving problem of new purchases with most all of the branches out in the field. FP has about 300 branches. I worked in AP. We were getting about 30 credit holds a day with no new ordering of products. Management did not care in the least and it was never addressed and not even to this day. It made it impossible to keep the statements clean and current.. Still management did not care and you were expected to do this.. I guess from an act of God. I never got to take breaks or lunches because the workload was SO far behind with so many unpaid accounts. I have been in AP for 30 years and this is the worse company that I have ever worked for... I am very very glad that I was laid off. I was sick every day worrying about going into work and what I would face... AP workers were blamed for messy accounts even though they would never address the receiving issues to pay invoices on time.. Glad I am gone.
Great people to work with
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
Is a good place to learn new things and u have a lots of opportunity the manager is a great person that will be able to work with u on anything and the people r so friendly
amazing.
Customer service/ warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 31, 2018
amazing company. just not much room for advancement. also they provide your cloths (NOT BOOTS) but they charge you for them in the end. i didnt agree with this.
Pros
on the road all day
Cons
very rushed sometimes not enough time in a day to deliver everything
I just love to work
Taking off brakes (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 24, 2018
It’s cool but I’m looking for more in life get to dirty no OT no hrs I need more money tired being a temp I want feel good going to work kneeing I’m about make some good money
corporate company
Counter Parts Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJuly 11, 2018
stress full job only because of management. Do as i say not as i do work environment. The company was not appreciative of its hard workers. Corporate Company!!!!
Productive fun work place
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2018
Job is great very little opportunity to move up weekends off paid holidays paid sick time great benefits and 410k work at fast paste and great co-workers
Overall A Good Company to work for
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2018
Everyday has its moments. As being in sales for the company I have a high quota to hit which does make the job stressful. Working with different vendors and customers in the heavy duty part industry at times can be overwhelming. The managers here are awesome. I am so proud to work with them as they treat everyone as equals and that no one is above anybody.
Pros
Good people, pto, ability to learn
Cons
Expensive benefits, micro manage from corporate.
Good Management
IMPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2018
This is a Good Company to work for. Upper Management are very friendly. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Vacations are great. Good benefit package. You work hard, you get noticed. There's still more room to be Better among competitors.
Pros
Employees get Free lunch when we hit our goals
Cons
None I can think about

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleetpride. Our community is ready to answer.