Fleetpride Employee Reviews

productive ,
parts delivery , warehouse , forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 25, 2019
overall good place to work , just not enough pay and too high insurance premium for a single parent. there are not enough positions for drivers to have opportunity to advance , not real;ly based on merit or productivity
Pros
good manager
Cons
not much room for advancement
Horrible
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Commission goalpost changed constantly. Worst job ever. Poor management. Branches never had the right products. Constantly shipping wrong materials. Did not encourage new accounts.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Depends who owns the company at the moment
Systems Engineer / Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Fleetpride's "positives" varied a lot as they are investor owned. Lots of changes while I worked there- as they were bought / sold 3 times? We had a great CIO- very solid- ITIL based down to earth with a great background including technical.
Co-workers were good folks- great managers. Some of the directors were not so great but that's universal I suppose.
CEO was hard core / old school (kind of refreshing in a way) at the time- retired. Very flat org chart- unassuming good old boys and girls in stores- nice folks.
Pros
No snobs "god complex doctors" / nurses like Health Care can be
Cons
sold too often
poor work place
Warehouse Associate and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2019
Spent one year and four months with no annual raise or review all the counter people sit up front and would not help load orders pull orders or help keep the warehous clean just sit up front and do nothing when there not with customers no heat in the winter no air in the summer in the warehouse, and the manager made sure of that but the counter people had heat and air.
Cons
Unorganized buddy buddy system no room for growth
Fast paced
Front Desk Associate and sales (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJanuary 23, 2019
Good convenient hours and sometimes overtime as sometimes it would be mandatory. Very competitive coworkers and hour lunches. Very busy hours as no downtime.
Fleetpride
Executive (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 14, 2019
Been a few years since I worked there but the people were generally nice. Tough industry and tough private equity environment looking for an off ramp to recoup their investment. Lots of people that were there are no longer around. If you join the company be ready for a ride. Make sure you know about parts and trucking overall and it will be much easier and the company will value you a lot.
A mans world.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Job it's self wasn't too hard. Some parts were just too heavy to handle alone. Some customers were also a little hard to handle. But driving to different areas was fun and meeting different people too.
Very busy and organized
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2019
Accounts payable department was extremely organized and flowed smoothly! Everyone worked well together. Bonuses were given, loans were available that could be treated like a layaway and paid back a little every week.
Pros
Fish fry every year
Cons
Inventory every Iron Bowl weekend
Laid back atmosphere
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Deliver heavy duty truck and trailer parts to local venders. Help stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness throughout the building. I enjoyed the men/women I worked with and enjoyed meeting new people on my delivery route.
Pros
Nice delivery vehicles
Cons
no significant pay raises
Was great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 31, 2018
I worked for Fleetpride for a long time. I ran the day to day operation and was not paid for the time I put in. Fleepride uses and uses and takes everything away when employees need them
Poor Management/Environment Corporate Office
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 21, 2018
Very very poor company to work for. There was a lot of talk about training and career advancement but there was zero follow up to that. They offered no formal training whatsoever. Other than a brief "this is how we like to do this" you were pretty much left to figure everything out on your own. It is a very stressful and overwhelming environment with 50+ hour weeks and 8+ hours over weekends consistently. Management constantly requested higher output to an unreasonable extent. If you have a family don't plan to spend any time with them because you will spend your nights working as well. Benefits were no better than buying in on the open market. It absolutely doesn't matter how hard you work here, if you're not buddy buddy with management you will likely be let go as I was. The turnover rate is insane. I personally saw 7 people let go inside of five months (doesn't include those individuals that were let go that I didn't know). The department I worked for had absolutely no idea what they were doing professionally and to this day I am astonished at how the company stays afloat with the business practices they utilize. Like others, I would say steer clear of this place as there are plenty of better options out there!
Pros
The pay was decent for my field
Cons
Poor Inexperienced Management, Benefits could be much better, Long hours, Poor work/life balance, very micromanaged
good company
Warehouse Worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALDecember 19, 2018
for somebody just starting out Fleetpride would be a great place to work and advance, the pay scale seemed to be kind of on the low side for management, but as a warehouse/driver it isn't bad, just wasn't enough for me
Workplace Culture
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXNovember 26, 2018
My manager was very close to ideas. We had to first go through our lead and that was ok. He would take our ideas back to manager and he would listen I guess and no feedback.
They pay very well. Other than that, not a good place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKNovember 15, 2018
The salary and benefits offered are extremely good. The work environment is very competitive and cutthroat. The company is owned by a holding company and management is terrible.
No structure at all
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 9, 2018
This is a terrible place to work. There is no structure. You never know what time your shift will end. The management team is disrespectful. I would not recommend this place to anyone. RUN!!!!!!
Pros
Plenty of OT
Cons
Overworked and under paid
needs to train employees better and offer advancement opportunities to all employees
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE/DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 6, 2018
FleetPride is a decent company. However, the Dothan, AL location needs to hire based on work experience and work history instead of hiring an applicant based on who they are related to. I know FleetPride Corporate has policies preventing family members from working at the same location. I would not waste time applying with this company unless you're related to an active employee or you're good friends with someone who is. Management is very slack, you cannot depend on them to back you up. The customers are great!
Pros
getting to know the customers
Cons
benefits, salary, management
Is great place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 5, 2018
Very business and productive company very polite and a Joy to work for very much on safety I learned alt working there very nice and polite during interview
Pros
Very much high pros in training
Cons
Very concerned about health and safety
fleetpride has giving me opportinities
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 19, 2018
fleetpride is a great company but still lags on becoming more updated. fleetpride should update there data because i feel it to old fashioned. work smart not hard!
Fun and Competative
Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Fun people and I was always busy never had any work that I didnt like. It was fast paced and I enjoyed everything about working here. The out of town delivering was a very good experience and I loved to be out learning to communicate with different people.
Overall it is a lot of faver
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 5, 2018
I like some of the people I work with because I have been working with them for years but I don't think they are fair I have been past over tor promotion I just feel like I'm going nowhere with the company o just want a charge
Pros
Some of the people i worl with
Cons
A lot of faver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleetpride. Our community is ready to answer.