FleishmanHillard Employee Reviews

Smart people, great global network, doesn't value employees enough
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
Lots of smart, strategic counselors and great clients - but not enough value put on retaining employees and creating solid upward career paths for employees seeking to rise through the ranks
Was a good place to work
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
FH used to be a very good place to work in Chicago until the longtime GM retired and was replaced by someone who's disconnected from clients and employees.

Little to no benefits to working moms.

New business comes before existing clients.

A lot of pressure to over-bill clients by inflating hours billed.
Poor culture
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
They said they were not racist however quite a few of their VP would only notice caucasian employees even if they do not do anything for the notification. The black americans all worked their tails off but had to struggle for any advancement.
It's been too long since I worked there to comment
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
I haven't worked at the firm for quite some time and it would not be appropriate to rate the company. It was pretty good when I was at F-H, but the industry has changed over the years.
No Job Work/Life Balance
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2018
No Job Work/Life Balance. You are expected to work weekend and nights in the research group.

Poor communication/direction from department head.

They do pay well.
Pros
Cons
No Job Work/Life Balance
Was an awesome place to intern
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2018
It paid very good attention to employee satisfaction and organizational culture fostered collaborative work environment. It put its employees first.It was quite a healthy work environment.
Pros
Great Organizational culture
Great I.T. management
Vice-President/PeopleSoft FSCM production support (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
I spent several years at FH, and it gave me the foundation for my career. I was able to work with amazing managers and peers, and am very happy with the time I got to spend there.
Great culture
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2018
Great people, culture. Lots of perks such as free lunches, drinks, snacks. No micro-managing - flexible and management is mindful of work-life balance.
Fun and exciting place to work
Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2018
Loved working for this company. A new field, but lots of training sessions so that I could advance my learnings on social media and marketing.

I was working on the AT&T Team and when they had a major reduction in force, the FH team on sight was reduced, I was in that wave of layoffs.
Good company to work for in the PR environment
Executive Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 10, 2018
Good company to work for in the PR environment. People with a strong work ethic with good attitude are rewarded. Comprehensive health plan including medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA, disability, parental leave, and additional benefits such as 14.5 holidays per year, 10 sick days are great at this company.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off
Great company, poor management of Finance
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2018
FH is a great international company but the Saint Louis Finance team was run separately and by very different rules than most other teams. For example, the admin to the CFO took attendance every day and we had our own dress code.
Pros
7.5 hour days
Cons
attendance, unavailable managment
Do not work here if you want a personal life.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Rather than hire people they work their employees to death. This place will bleed you dry unless you "know" someone. Benefits were good but utilizing your time off was difficult.
Collaborative workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2017
FH is a generally collaborative space. Sometimes work seems to be unevenly distributed, but managers try their best to make sure they know what is going on with every team and allocate hours accordingly. Overall a good agency environment.
Great opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2017
I was a temporary admin worker at Fleishman Hillard and was able to get a first hand administrator experience. Basic projects and learning about typical work place culture was a great experience for me. I would have liked to stay, however there was no growth at my position. I very much liked working with my supervisor.
Great place to start career out of school.
Managing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
Great place to start career out of school. Great for PR, communications and marketing majors. Opportunity to do actual work for big clients across their network. Decent pay for interns.

Great for creatives (graphic designer, video/film majors) to introduce them to the agency life. However, the ceiling is not high to grow as a creative.

The agency has a lot of grey areas on specific roles for projects. Everyone feels they could do everyones job which leads to ultimately having “too many cooks in the kitchen”.
Pros
Catered lunches for monthly staff meetings.
Cons
Can often feel too political when it comes to promotions and raises.
Management did not value empoyees
Senior Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2017
Although the job was challenging and very busy I believe I was not paid accordingly and that I was not valued. There was a lot of hours that we have to work and deadlines that were impossible to meet with the few account staff.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2017
One time was a leader in the industry and was the largest independently owned PR agency in the US. Good place to work if single....not so much with kids due to the hours necessary to give the clients the attention the need.
Working on political campaign issues.
Public Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
I was hired to work on two different issues campaigns, a tax increase for schools and an amendment to lower the percentage necessary for passage of state constitutional amendments. I worked there from July of 1980 until early Novemeber 1980.

The regular board room of FH was set up as an open office for those of us hired just for this election period. Made some good friends, was challenged to see the world out side the institutional boundaries I had worked in as a teacher. But I could use many of the contacts in the education area to help do my job better.

PR is definitely based on who you know. I wasn't too excited about that aspect of it. There was, at that time, a competitive element between different departments that was interesting and a bit daunting at times.

Getting comfortable in the PR world was difficult for me. But I loved the variety of tasks I was asked to perform from setting up a speakers' bureau to designing political flyers.
Pros
Getting to go to the St. Louis Cardinals playoffs and World Series
Cons
Never feeling quite comfortable, as if I belonged there.
Great job
Coordinator - Healthcare Practice Division (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this organization to my friends and family. The culture and work balance was great. The appreciated and respected their employees.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 21, 2017
This is a PR company that is very diverse and a great place to work. It also has a wonderful fellowship program as well as an internship. Starting an internship here will give the experience needed to move forward.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
short breaks