FleishmanHillard

FleishmanHillard Employee Reviews

Culture and pay leave aren't the best, but can't complain about the overall experience. Some really talented and smart people to work with and a good variety of types of work.
Great place to start a career, fun work, engaging team with a diversity of clients across industries. Leadership is transparent, engaging, communicative. Great work from home policy and flexibility during COVID19. Pay is below competitive
Cons
Poor pay
The worst place I have ever worked. Mgmt only cares about themselves. Selfish work practices and catty group mentality created "us vs. them" narrative between senior staff and junior level employees. people were made fun of for small things, a lot of badmouthing and just bullying. Feels like high school again. The work is unfulfilling and junior staff is blamed for any issues that arise. No mobility or competitive pay. Promotions are held up for months on end, and the pay result of a promo is the same as a entry-level employee making overtime. Overall, just disappointing for such a large company. There was a cry room in the office- I think that says it all.
Pros
absolutely no pros to working here. period.
Cons
low pay for intense work, lack of respect and diversity, not a good time, cliques are obvious, generally not a good time.
Promoting within the company is non existent. Raises haven’t been given out in almost 2 years. People who have worked for this company 20+ yrs are leaving
Perfect example of a democrat dominated workplace. As soon as they hear you might vote republican they fire you. Men are discriminated against on a daily basis.
This is a great start to get into recruiting and gain general knowledge of corporate culture. You learn how to do full cycle recruiting and be under a great team.
First internship right out of college that gave me the experience I need to further my career in IT. No full-time position opened up after 10 months and was not permitted to stay longer as an intern.
Love working here, it is a great experience with wonderful people. A lot of work to be done but it is innovative and fun. Managers are open and honest and respond well to questions or critiques.
FleishmanHillard does exciting work and the people are brilliant and extremely hard workers. It's very fast-paced and somewhat political. However, new interns come in every few months creating a competitive environment that gets uncomfortable at times.
The best part of the job is working with talented colleagues who are bringing best practices and creative, effective communications strategies, plans and performance to clients. The worst part of the job is being evaluated by billable hours.
Lost my position through recent mass downsizing. However, was well praised by management and peers which helped motivate and keep me challenged. Effective leadership was both visible and available. A cohort of smart, creative team members was a joy to work side by side with. Was given a great deal of autonomy with guardrails in place to make sure my work lived up to rigorous company standards.
Who do you things on several different projects every day and the psychic pay off is quite valuable. Partners and senior partners can make a killing, but worker bees tend not to make so much. However I know several who have made it to that level, Who have gone on to well-paying positions in in-house.
FH is an amazing place to grow your experience in PR and marketing. They have some amazing clients to work with as well. The people are awesome and that’s what will keep you coming to work everyday. Unfortunately, there is no work life balance. You’ll work long hours at an insanely fast pace and have no life outside of work.
I'd stayed away from this company for years based on their guessing reputation. But they've changed their stripes. New management, open and inviting culture, better work life balance. I treasured the time I spent with very smart and energetic associates who taught me much about myself, the industry and how to have fun as I worked hard. Keeping myself billable and well utilized was a challenge day to day. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Respect for work life balance, free snacks, vibrant atmosphere
Cons
Rigid need to remain billable, even if it means finding work on your own
FH is an amazing agency with wonderful people. They constantly make great bold choices and are hungry for business. Creative is constantly innovating and dynamic.
Lots of opportunities for growth at Fleishman-Hillard. This is one of the oldest companies in the business with one of the most seasoned teams heading the organization.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth
Cons
There can be long hours involved
The firm has some opportunity to provide real training to all employees. Favoritism is very common and diverse ideas are not generally welcome. Experience and promotions are directly based on your manager. The company lacks solid career progression for certain departments. Overall the work life is typical for a large agency, however most managers will be flexible with working hours in the office. The culture is positive and has shifted for the better since John Saunders became CEO.
Pros
Progressive culture and good executive leadership.
Cons
Lack of training and real career planning for all departments
Each day was never the same. Lots of clients, all with unique challenges and requests, make it a very fast, hard-charging place to work. Those who could handle the pace were successful. I loved it there.
Employees work tirelessly to serve clients and are not compensated accodrdingly. The promotion system at the entry level requires college graduates to intern at an hourly rate for 6+ months just to be hired on full time with a lower than average salary.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Answered and directed calls to the HR manager, help set up for business meetings, help arrange for the meetings, make copies, assisted HR with the hiring process which was to make copies of all documents and forms. Cover the receptionist switchboard for lunch.
Pros
Nice office and nice people to work with.
Cons
The commute.
Great work environment, fun place to work. As any corporation has, we encountered problems but we approached the problem with a positive, pro-active attitude of "lets solve this".
  1. Employee Reviews