Flex-n-Gate Employee Reviews

Horrible planning and execution.
Chrome Plating Solution Attendent/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 18, 2018
Only one manager cares and that's my direct manager. They never want to spend money or order parts because they are to expensive. Which reults in people working massive over time every Saturday and Sundays, to make up for lost time from machienes being broke. A lot of the machine's are out of date. Some you can't even get parts for anymore, so the rig hardware to them and then they break again. The ventilation system for the two hottest lines in the facility are a joke. I've had heat exhaustion twice from temperatures reaching over 110° along side of the humidity from 140-200° tanks. This company is falling apart and they except the workers who is not their responsibility to fix the issues with no compensation in pay. They lose more money because they are cheap then they would giving it the right way the first time. They also do not allow you to advance in the company per department even if you spent all your time learning the process inside and out and have more experience with it then a guy walking in off the streets as they require any form of degree, yes any form of degree you could have a social worker degree then be put in charge of chemicals, mechanical and electrical machines that in no way match the degree. This company Guardian West is spiraling down the drain.
They try to make you not think about it by giving us cheap cookouts which have stopped being as frequent,because it cost to much to do.we never know when we will get raises, they are just thrown at us if people complain to much. They are to busy with the football team to worry about the people grinding everyday
  more... in a dirty, filthy, poorly managed building.  less
Pros
None to me
Cons
Hot, poor ventalation, nasty enviormenrs, lazy employees not being held accountable, promotion of people who are lazy employees because they have a 2 year degree, no accountabilty for management only floor workers.
The job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJuly 17, 2018
In the beginning they were very nice and as I started working I started to notice the information they have provided as far as benefits was a lie and they did not have a union I hated the company but the people were nice
decent place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJune 30, 2018
the hours are manageable however management could be better. there's a serious lack of communication between the superintends and production crew and that leads to upset coworkers.
Pros
parking is great
Cons
they'll say they need to keep you for an hour and it would be an hour before you get off.
a job with opertunities.
Quality Inspector/Handling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MI 48073June 22, 2018
slow paced.
boring at times.
repetitive.
the work days were slow rolling.
most of the job in there were quite easy.
easy to hurt yourself there.
overall decent place to work.
Pros
advancements were available
Cons
sinority
Flex N Gate is a very unsafe place to worked
3rd Party Inspection (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
Working as an operator or assembler is dangerous as the Hilo drivers move parts within in inches away from the workers worked area. There is no designated area for foot traffic. Hilo drivers hit and bump operators tables while trying to set up their work areas. The stock at the facility is stacked as high as the ceiling. Overall the facility is way too small as shipments are placed and push forward in the aisles blocking the drivers view. I am afraid someone will get seriously hurt at Flex N Gate before preventive maintenance will occur.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Unsafe worked environment
Unprofessional
Material Handler/Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 12, 2018
Im sure not every FNG is the same as the one I worked at, but my work experience there was not even the smallest amount of enjoyable. I loved the pay and didn't mind doing the work, but as much work as I put into that place they do not show any appreciation towards their employees.
Perfect if you have no family
Press Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2018
Their Human Resources and their management has little to no experience. By this being new they drop the ball on alot of thing from the ship floor to your benefuts and checks.Their looking to fill positions for the time being and then if your not someone they like your fired with no warning, write-up they go by "Right to work". They move you to either alabama or battle creek and expext you to learn and grasp everything within 15-20 days.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No family time keepa you away from home alot of inexperience in human resources and management
Productive, fast-paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 3, 2018
It is not a bad place to work if you don't mind the mind-numbing repetitive factory style work. If you have work with some friends then you can generally pass the time pretty quickly by having casual conversation so long as you can still focus on the task at hand while doing so.
Pros
Raises, slim opportunities for advancement..
Cons
You leave with a layer of soot on your skin/in your nostrils.
Highly productive fast paced place to work.
Hi-Lo Driver/Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 2, 2018
My job as driving the Hi-Lo was to keep empty containers at the end of the line and removing the full containers with parts to keep the line moving. I learned to be efficient and organized and time management.
Decent place to work. Somewhat stressful.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALMay 28, 2018
OK place to work. Pay could've been better. A few supervisors clueless on procedures. Variety of stations and jobs to learn. Little to no advancement.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Shutdowns. Clueless supervisors.
unpleasant experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OKMay 24, 2018
Have a few loose ones running around. I know ever place has its own but the silly immature personalities in supervisors and managers is beyond explanation.
good pay but long hours
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMay 23, 2018
The pay for this area was great. The shift work was hard and the hours required (many overtime hours) made the pay better, but less time spent with family.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Overall not a bad place to work
Intern/ Production Operator (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALMay 13, 2018
If you are looking for a job that pays well by the hour and you dont have kids this is the jobs for you then. However if you want to do more than just be a high school graduate dont choose this job
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
the hours
Productive and relaxed environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALMay 11, 2018
I learned how the automotive industry works. Building good quality parts is a must in the automotive industry. The work in the plant is not hard at all its just takes concentration and dedication.
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
not enough money
Very Insecure individuals
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKApril 16, 2018
Not professional. Management choices are poor at best. Odd insecure people in various roles of responsibility within the organization. Not professional by any definition. Breach Nepotism policy with kin supervising their own family and of course they are the ones recognized before others for best shifts and hours. Culture is bad. Management dating within organization employees and favoritism can be easily documented.
Pros
local
Cons
odd supervisors, seperate standards for individuals, Foul language, unprofessional conduct on a daily basis, Nepatisium breach at its finest.
TECH (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 3, 2018
be punctual and
also be honest and
respectful two others,
the environment is stressful
there's all kinds of competitive
people and it's a challenge.
Pros
free pizza once in awhile to be thankful for production
Cons
short breaks
Work you to death but still good pay
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Covington, INMarch 23, 2018
Near the end they kinda stuck me in the back to fix the robotic mig welds to the point where I had no communication to the outside world. Side note took fork truck training but never actually trained me on a fork truck.
Pros
always had something to do
Cons
stuck me in the back where the summers were hot and winters were cold
Revolving door with great benefits
Metal Finisher (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 21, 2018
The manager in my department had no sense of humor unless you were his favorite. FnG had good affordable benefits through Blue cross blue shield that was affordable. They started employees off at $13 and hour and moved people around quite a bit to better paying positions. Only if you didn't get fierd.
Pros
Good pay and plenty of hours. 10 point system.
Cons
Don’t settle. There’s better jobs out there.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 5, 2018
Management is terrible. If you have goals and dreams keep them to yourself. If you share the idea of wanting to grow with the company, management will use that to keep pushing you to work harder Daily - even though they plan on not promoting you (If that makes sense). There’s a lot of favoritism, curruption, wrong doing etc. I guess what I’m saying is to prepare yourself for this world at flex n gate (Ventra Plastics)5. It’s very misleading and unprofessional. I spent five years trying to be the best leader I could be. Pushing myself to learn more daily, becoming more resourceful daily, leading by example daily, following through with projects and impossible task that my manager would give me daily. And most importantly being honest and consistent DAILY. But that still wasn’t enough. Prepare to have your intelligence beat down daily. Prepare to see people get promoted just because there uncle or aunt works up-front somewhere. Prepare yourself to deal with the unprofessional world of managers misleading supervisors and supervisors misleading team leaders and so on and so on. I had one Great boss while working for flex n gate. He changed my perception on a lot of things and I can honestly say if it wasn’t for him I would’ve left 2 years earlier than what I did.
Pros
Consistent paycheck, Work is always available
Cons
Management, Overworked, No room to grow unless you know someone.
good work enviroment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rockford, TNMarch 4, 2018
I enjoy my job and would recommend working there to people I know. I have a good staff and management is very understanding. This is a growing company and are constantly expanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex-n-Gate. Our community is ready to answer.