Flex Employee Reviews

Found 1,481 reviews matching the search See all 4,154 reviews
Cool
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 21, 2019
When I first worked there, I thought to myself, “ I’ll try my best to be the best repair technician on the floor.” But unfortunately I was let go of my job. It was hard, it was kind of sad for me, and I worked so hard for that opportunity to get my career back on track. But I know that I’ll find another paying job which it it going to be hard for me and I’ll get my career on the right path.
Did not like working for them
Device Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 20, 2019
I initially started with another company that was bought out by this one. I honestly, wish that I spent time growing with another company. This company did the bare minimum to get things done and passed well deserving people up for positions instead of giving long standing employees of good stature opportunities for advancement.
Pros
okay for paying the bills
Cons
Dont expect to move up at all
intentional exclusion
Senior Global Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2019
Engineering lacks discipline. The overall roles and responsibility not clearly defined. Restructuring quarterly causing low morale. Lacks diversity.
Easy Management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 20, 2019
I had fun working at Flex and the people were very nice. The environment was heavily secured and very fast-paced profession. Met a lot of people that I benefited in many ways and learned to evolve in self-belief.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short Breaks and Time
Poor place to work
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2019
Poor work culture, poor management, poor pay, not willing to train employees for advancement, no feeling of teamwork, not very good benefits, they make it difficult to move up in company.
Pros
Cons
many
Awesome
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 14, 2019
If I could go back I would go back to work at flexo they know how to actually treat people plus it’s a good job specially how they are organized and let people know what’s happened around the company and what they promoting
would not recommend
Cell phone repair (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40219January 11, 2019
fast paced and stressful work environment. co-workers were kept to busy to interact and become a strong group.
work on repairing cell phones no time to take a breath before moving to the next phone.
Pros
Cons
hours, work environment
Lots of Autonomy Until Quarter End
Sr. Director, Global Business Development (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
The atmosphere is very progressive but most likely because of the compressed margin nature of the business and the overriding importance of Optics on Wall Street the appetite for a particular strategy is fleeting.

As a consequence a business development person has to constantly hit a moving target. Some customer relationships take 12+ months to develop and the appetite for the customer strategy doesn't support closing the deal in many cases.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of accountability
Admin & Purchasing Agent
Administrative Assistant, purchasing agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2019
I was only there a year before being laid off. Followed very designated duties.

I learned about purchasing for a manufacturing company. I learned the manufacturing process.

I learned about following LEED and other health and safety rules and regulations.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very male dominated
Overall taking the good with the bad!
ENCRYPTIONS (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2019
15 Years at this company, rendered job security, with great benefits in a fast paced and growing communiity. However the pay and raises were not comparable to job position and title. New personal were brought in to be trained, being paid more than the trainer.
Work environment was however friendly and comfortable. There were many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Management was easy to work with, also has a great understanding when it came to personal and family situations and issues.
The hardest part of the job was working mandatory holidays.
Pros
Always open for advancement.
Cons
Constant and Longterm freezes on pay raises, “Years”!!!
typical production job.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAJanuary 3, 2019
although in the early days pay was not very good as time went on and ownership changed things improved quite bit. on the plus side you could work as many hours as you could stand.
Flextronics is a good place to work alot of overtime most if the time the work there is laid back, but can be really fast paced at times.
Stockroom associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 2, 2019
Electronics overall is a good place to work, and they pay pretty good no complaints there. Mist times overtime is mandatory, and then sometimes it's optional. I always took it..lol. the supervisors there are good people, at least the ones I had anyway. I would go back if I still lived in South carolina.
Pros
Pays good, hours are good. Workplace is a good place.
Cons
None really.
Decent place to work had days like hat day team spirit day derby dsy
Warehouse Worker receiver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2018
Decent place with good people hard workers, volunteer overtime if you wanted it, paid holidays, PTO, very understanding if have health issues, good security
Pros
Extra breaks some times, lunch catering sometimes
Cons
A lot of times really not even management new what was going on
Indifferent
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2018
A California based company. Management is very secretive. You are told one thing but they do another. Can't depend on career progression even if being trained for it.
Good company with lot of work.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 25, 2018
Average benefits, Not much opportunity for advancement. Good bonus plan & work schedule flexibility. Opportunity to work on innovative products and solutions.
Flex was a great place to work.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 24, 2018
Flex is a great place to work. A typical day on the job is to support hardware and software for over 40 stations. I learned new technologies such as Clouds. Management was great. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with different types a machines such as HP, Lenovo, and Toshiba. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the people.
Pros
People
Cons
To many bosses
good setting job with good area to work in
Computer analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 20, 2018
good setting job with good area to work in, fast paced job not the best management but everything else is pretty good, good environment to work in and good knowledge to obtain.
Awful Place to Work
Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2018
The Management is terrible. They lack diversity and are reluctant to it. They repeatedly lay off people for "business needs", however they post the exact same jobs within a few months. It is surprising that someone hasn't sued them for discrimination yet. If they offer you a job, RUN!!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Repetitive Layoffs, ZERO Job Security
Decline with poor upper management and bad customer quotes
Associate Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2018
Management needed to be more active and open minded towards its team. Allowed for huge oversights resulting in lost contracts and reduced to accepting bad customer quotes proving unprofitable. High turnover rate with employees and declining culture
Pros
Meet good people
Cons
Poor Management
Prefer not to write a summary
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 7, 2018
I prefer not to write a summary for this position or this company. The managers I worked for are no longer with the company and like many positions and companies, an individual's experience is based primarily on their Manager and Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss