FLEXSTEEL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unprofessional
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 9, 2018
They were very unprofessional and they did not train the management well and that lead to the business closing down and a lot a good people lost their jobs.
good place towork at
Recline (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 22, 2018
It was a nice place to work at. the men and woman there were friendly . the breaks were long . the food they had there was great. they gave away prizes when you answer questions right
Pros
long breaks
Cons
had to work on concrete
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 19, 2018
Great job good benifts .. But there is a buddy buddy system out there so so its a slim chance in advance in the company other than that awesome company to work for
The domino effect is taking place faster & faster by the weeks
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAFebruary 6, 2018
no loyalty to the long time workers.. too much unfairness and wrong doing taking place.. too many people being blamed for everybody else faults.. no concern at all about positive feedback on making better solutions to fix or eliminate situations.
Pros
health & dental ins.
Cons
too many
Average at best
NA (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 30, 2018
This is an OK place to work. The grunts do all the work and corporate leadership reaps all the reward. This company is very good as increasing workload and responsibilities without proper compensation. They would rather let the employee move on and hire the next person who will work for the lower wage.
Fast paced workplace
Gerber operator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GADecember 30, 2017
Flexsteel is a fast paced industrious job, where you worked a guaranteed 40+ hours. The environment was open, meaning you worked freely, just as long as you got your work done and met production. I enjoyed going to work daily however, there was no way that I was advancing. I was looking to advance in several ways such as promotional, salary and contacts. I felt as if I was stagnant and that's not what I want to do with my time throughout life. However the job is a good place of employment with great benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of advancement
Frame Builder (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 12, 2017
Not a bad place to work, I've worked for worse. People are nice to a point but if you miss due to family illness some of the workers frown on you. Management was understanding of situation even though the workers weren't.
working
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working there, the people was great to work with . The environment was great and everybody was friendlyI would recommend working at Flexsteel 2NE1
Rediculous
framer I (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 11, 2017
Production goals were superhuman. There was no positive motivation to reach them. The work ethic was unbalanced. Some came in and worked hard every single day (me and a handful of others) and the rest came in and milled around and talked and worked as slow as possible to try and get overtime. This problem went unchecked. To balance the workload, they gave the extra work to those that had FINISHED their work because they had been putting in 100% all day every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing daily work assignments. The hardest part was dealing with the terrible attitude of the management and many of the employees.
Productive place to work.
Furniture Upholster (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GANovember 17, 2015
Definitely a good place to work.
Good management.
The hardest part about my job was putting furniture together.
I loved working with my co-workers.
Safety
Hydro Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 7, 2015
The company is always aware of the safety of all employers and the quality of the production. Also the company is always trying its best to improve the quality of the product and make the customers happy.
Pros
Safety comes first
Cons
no overtime
productive place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  houston, txOctober 10, 2015
arrived at 6 am, dump hoppers, unloaded trucks, pull orders, keep inventory. I learned how to keep inventory, and how to run a shipping and receiving department
Good Pay, Decent Benefits
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed working at Flexsteel, Hate that they shut down the Panama City Branch. Would have been a good company to have a permanent career with.
Fast-paced work environment
COM Fabric/ Fabric Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 2, 2015
A typical day included receiving fabric from customers and locating the COM number assigned. The COM number is associated with orders and then compared to default yardage to ensure proper amount has been ordered to manufacture the piece of furniture. Enter the information needed into the computer system to release production of such orders.

The steps above are followed with purchasing fabric for the company's own orders. Using the system and measurements, calculations were done to order the correct amount of yardage for each order.

Other spreadsheets were created in Excel and used to maintain inventory of samples and information of stock on hand. This information was then relayed to supervisor on a monthly basis to order necessary samples and stock.
Pros
Good Benefits, long lunch
Cons
Communication barriers
Wiper (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 16, 2015
A typical day at work in flexsteel, wiping gloss off chairs, couch legs, an other. Also sweeping the floor, cleaning my session that I work in, an sanding chairs. I learned how to sand chairs, and I also learned the correct way to wipe gloss off chairs. My co-workers were very nice, easy to get alone with, an very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was wiping the chairs, because you had to go at a certain pace to keep up with the lines. The most enjoyable part was sweeping the floor because it kinda felt as a break.
This was a fun job with catered meals ocassionally.
fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2015
A regular day was getting your work assignment and material for that job. Setting the machine up to run that particular job and producing quality parts. The management and coworkers was very helpful if you needed advice or help. Some of the dies on the presses needed repaired and the parts would get hung and had to be knocked out with a mallet. They took good care of the employees and had catered meals usually every couple months that was nice.
Pros
Catered meals and running the automated tubing benders.
Cons
This plant eventually closed and moved to Georgia and i was layed off.
great place like family
sewer/groupleader (Former Employee) –  New Paris, INAugust 27, 2013
great place to work had safty pay ,carry ins lunches,great picnics and made lots of friends
Cons
union got in
Never a set schedule costantly changing
Steel Strip Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 24, 2013
Typical workday is work your butt off. Dont give breaks until lead is ready. Go home and thats all
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
This was a good starter job for me
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 3, 2013
I ran a band saw and a radial arm saw. I learned to read blue prints and use various messsuring devices
Pros
good starter job
Cons
could have paid better
I enjoyed what i did there being able to work with my hands
Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJune 12, 2012
Overall it was a good company to work for. You had keep up with production demands and make sure everything was just right. My superviser was a very nice guy and could joke around with you but at the same time be professional. I enjoyed working with my hands but you are always worn out at the end of the day.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
very strict policies