Flight Services & Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Avoid this company if you value your health
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXNovember 12, 2018
the most unprofessional company I worked for in my life. No training when I was hired. This job had a sink or swim mentality. outdated equipment was a huge issue. Management was pitiful.
Pros
co-workers were fun
Cons
Poor management
Stressfull.
Security (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 6, 2018
FSS is the company that only pays you when the plane door open and close. It's a one time training. You don't get 8hours a day, you don't get pay for over time, it will cost your job. Good for people still leaving with their parents and pay nothing. Not for people trying to start a family.
Low pay job
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  RSWOctober 27, 2018
if You can live out of 10 dollars an hour and double checking your paycheck every time for missing hours this is the place for you also drug addict are welcome worst place to work no uniform allowance maybe one shirt that’s about it no safety gear for the ramp if it’s lighting while planes on the ground you better be ready to get struck by a lightning no one seem to care in this company
Pros
Down time on summmer
Cons
Everything else
Productive and relaxed work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 17, 2018
I loved working with flight services and systems i got to meet new people from all over the world it was nice and exciting and my manager was funny and i made a lot of friends
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/BAGGAGE CLAIM AGENT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2018
It was nice working there. Management and employees were very good at what they do. Had a good time. but I had to move on with better opportunities. I recommend them.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Poor management don’t know how to talk to their employees I just didn’t like working there the crew was awesome did their job very well and happy to do the job
it was good
Ramp Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2018
Management was very good for the most part. They let the shifts do there work. The shift I was on was very good. Everyone knew their job and did it. Other shifts had some struggles due to poor supervisors.
Fss
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
Previously management were not perfect, but at least they know what was their doing. With the new management one thing they have no clue what they're doing on top of that the employees that truly knows the jobs from top to bottom get pick on, threatening poorly with no respect or even career advancement every other jobs their employees a way of growth to the company that's the company becoming successful not by hiring new employee and rejected the old ones who truly can make a difference to the company.
Pros
FSS is a good company to work for
Cons
with good management and people that knows the job.
Thrown to the Wolves
PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2018
I was thrown to the wolves with pretty much no experience in human resources/payroll. My Immediate supervisor(No longer with the company) trained me by showing me how he liked data entered into an excel spreadsheet (which was unorganized and inconsistant). There was no proper training offered until close to the time that i decided to leave the company.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Unorganized
I would rate the company at two on a scale of one to five
Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2018
The incompetence of this company's management was countered with opportunity for self-advancement. On a scale of one to five of the overall of the appeal of this accompany with respect to management, I would give a quick two.
Pros
Opportunity for self-advancement in the company
Cons
Incompetent management/poor training
sorry company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  USAJune 21, 2018
This company is a joke, they are a very unprofessional from Corportate to the General Manager of the site. If you are looking for work you would do better to go to go to a fast food place. Don't know how they stay in business.
N/a
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Management is okay, coworkers are the best part, it’s a fun job. Working hours are the only thing that sucked. It’s fast paced and you gotta be quick which some people had a hard time with but I liked it
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits, flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
hard work little pay
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2018
I was a ramp agent for an airline and it was a lot of work and a little pay the job can be somewhat dangenrous if your not careful but I dont like this company because our checks were being shorted
Not stressful workplace
Wheelchair Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
When I worked at FSS the workplace was not as stressful as many people would think. Yes it does get busy from time to time but I met a lot of people while working at FSS.
productive
Skycap (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2018
This job can be very challenging at times. It is a great place to work, you can learn alot of new skills from this position. And overall a great and enjoyable position.
Poor Leadership Across the board!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2018
Leadership never has your back in any decision that you make.
Promises that you’d be given a raise and they never made good on their word.
Didn’t provide the tools needed to succeed.
Very Disrespectful Leaders within the company.
Pros
Met a lot of great employees
Fss
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 3, 2018
I had a lot of fun over there everyone was really friendly and like a family the only thing i couldn't handle is the payments per hour it was to low for me
Pros
free lunch for like an hour
Ticketing & Gate agent
Ticketing & gate agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2018
Enjoyable job working as ticketing & gate agent. However airport hours are variable and seasonal. In season part time job is 40 plus hrs a week with very early morning shifts. Off season hours are minimal, maybe 15 hrs a week.
Pros
interesting
Cons
Variable seasonal hours
Indianapolis Indiana
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2018
The environment is not professional . The management is horrible . There is way to much gossip. There is no confidentiality. The pay is horrible . No benefits. No room for growth.
Pros
Experience
Always on the move and watch-type job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2018
Clock in and grab your flight papers and be at your gate on time.
Approach every one you see and write down their names, their badge numbers, their company name, the time they showed up and left, break off seals unless instructed not to, pat down or metal detect-search others. This type of job made me realize how important it is to be on time and extremely aware. In my opinion, it's a job that can be so fun yet super draining depending on # of full-timers. It's at the airport - Winter is a cold season. Friendly people for a big security company. Hardest part was turning in my badge. Enjoyable part was just meeting with people after work and going home, lol.
Pros
Numerous and short/lengthy breaks due to flight schedules. The people you meet.
Cons
Nothing. Wish I lived closer to Boston.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Services & Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8