Flight Services & Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

They need to listen to the workers!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 28, 2018
I worked here as an aircraft cleaner for over a year. I was the only one who lasted the season and went onto the next season! We even lost our manager. The new manager helped with some things but hardly ever hired anyone and assumed I would work everyday! At one time I was working over 40 days in a row with no days off. You get no benefits at all! I was told I was supposed to get flight benefits but never did. People do not go by their schedule - they show up whenever they want, they no call no show all the time. But no one gets in trouble for anything. If you are fired you can still get your job back! Then when you see issues and are doing all of the work and you talk to your manager about it; nothing happens to anyone! I quit because I was treated horribly! There are so many things that needed to get done and was never getting done. They lost a great employee and I loved this job but they treated me bad!
Pros
None!
Cons
poor managment, no staff, bullies and so much more
Just a job, not a career
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2018
Poor management style, lack of corporate leadership , lack of corporate support. Only affordable benefits are vision and dental. Owner selling/looking for investors.
Fss
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2018
Previously management were not perfect, but at least they know what was their doing. With the new management one thing they have no clue what they're doing on top of that the employees that truly knows the jobs from top to bottom get pick on, threatening poorly with no respect or even career advancement every other jobs their employees a way of growth to the company that's the company becoming successful not by hiring new employee and rejected the old ones who truly can make a difference to the company.
Pros
FSS is a good company to work for
Cons
with good management and people that knows the job.
I would rate the company at two on a scale of one to five
Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2018
The incompetence of this company's management was countered with opportunity for self-advancement. On a scale of one to five of the overall of the appeal of this accompany with respect to management, I would give a quick two.
Pros
Opportunity for self-advancement in the company
Cons
Incompetent management/poor training
It was okay to work with some of your co-workers if you found the real one.
Wheelchair Agent & Gate Lead Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2019
over all, the management sucks cutting everybody's hours off. and giving it to the newly hired ones that doesn't even know what they're doing. Giving most of the trust to the people who doesn't even know their job descriptions. But you'll meet the real friends once you made it to your 6th month period. But overall the management suck.
Pros
Fun working environment.
Cons
The management is going down.
Not the place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  RSWJanuary 1, 2019
Flight Services general headquarters are in Ohio. You can never reach the corporate people. A typical work day is stress, stress, stress. Dealing with angry passengers.
Pros
You are so busy that the day goes by fast
Cons
Poor working wages and no room for advancement.
Avoid this company if you value your health
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXNovember 12, 2018
the most unprofessional company I worked for in my life. No training when I was hired. This job had a sink or swim mentality. outdated equipment was a huge issue. Management was pitiful.
Pros
co-workers were fun
Cons
Poor management
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/BAGGAGE CLAIM AGENT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2018
It was nice working there. Management and employees were very good at what they do. Had a good time. but I had to move on with better opportunities. I recommend them.
N/a
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Management is okay, coworkers are the best part, it’s a fun job. Working hours are the only thing that sucked. It’s fast paced and you gotta be quick which some people had a hard time with but I liked it
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits, flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor Leadership Across the board!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2018
Leadership never has your back in any decision that you make.
Promises that you’d be given a raise and they never made good on their word.
Didn’t provide the tools needed to succeed.
Very Disrespectful Leaders within the company.
Pros
Met a lot of great employees
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Poor management don’t know how to talk to their employees I just didn’t like working there the crew was awesome did their job very well and happy to do the job
it was good
Ramp Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 4, 2018
Management was very good for the most part. They let the shifts do there work. The shift I was on was very good. Everyone knew their job and did it. Other shifts had some struggles due to poor supervisors.
Stay active
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 24, 2018
I liked working for this company I loved everything about the aircrafts. I was a team leader for the cleaning crew. If only the pay was worth the labor I would still b there today. Plenty of overtime
Fun and fast pace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Working for flight services and systems was a different but fun experience. It was a long learning process learning about planes,but overall a very good work environment.
Pros
Learning about planes
Cons
Wasn't year round
Stressfull.
Security (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 6, 2018
FSS is the company that only pays you when the plane door open and close. It's a one time training. You don't get 8hours a day, you don't get pay for over time, it will cost your job. Good for people still leaving with their parents and pay nothing. Not for people trying to start a family.
Low pay job
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  RSWOctober 27, 2018
if You can live out of 10 dollars an hour and double checking your paycheck every time for missing hours this is the place for you also drug addict are welcome worst place to work no uniform allowance maybe one shirt that’s about it no safety gear for the ramp if it’s lighting while planes on the ground you better be ready to get struck by a lightning no one seem to care in this company
Pros
Down time on summmer
Cons
Everything else
Productive and relaxed work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 17, 2018
I loved working with flight services and systems i got to meet new people from all over the world it was nice and exciting and my manager was funny and i made a lot of friends
Indianapolis Indiana
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2018
The environment is not professional . The management is horrible . There is way to much gossip. There is no confidentiality. The pay is horrible . No benefits. No room for growth.
Pros
Experience
Thrown to the Wolves
PAYROLL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2018
I was thrown to the wolves with pretty much no experience in human resources/payroll. My Immediate supervisor(No longer with the company) trained me by showing me how he liked data entered into an excel spreadsheet (which was unorganized and inconsistant). There was no proper training offered until close to the time that i decided to leave the company.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Unorganized
Get your foot in the door and get out!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 4, 2017
A typical day at work is loading and unloading planes, Or working in the baggage room loading carts to take out to planes waiting to depart. The job itself is enjoyable, my coworkers were cool to work with but turnover is extremely high....Management doesnt know how to run a hot dog stand let alone a subcontracted aviation company. The workplace culture is terrible, there arent enough employees to get the job done. You can work 7 days a week if wanted to but was required to call off 4 hours before your shift, AND you were responsible to find your replacement. Sick in bed....Find a replacement. In the hospital, whose gonna work for you? Work was in shifts according to the airline schedule.
Management where I worked was terrible. I was up for training and contacted management to schedule a time to complete training. Management never gave me a date took me off the schedule and then terminated me without warning.

Get in the airline industry, work hard and pray a mainline is hiring in your city, this is not a career company!
Pros
Great Co Workers, Experience in Airline Industry
Cons
Shift Work, High Turnover, Terrible Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Services & Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8