Flight Services & Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

I would rate the company at two on a scale of one to five
Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2018
The incompetence of this company's management was countered with opportunity for self-advancement. On a scale of one to five of the overall of the appeal of this accompany with respect to management, I would give a quick two.
Pros
Opportunity for self-advancement in the company
Cons
Incompetent management/poor training
sorry company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  USAJune 21, 2018
This company is a joke, they are a very unprofessional from Corportate to the General Manager of the site. If you are looking for work you would do better to go to go to a fast food place. Don't know how they stay in business.
N/a
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Management is okay, coworkers are the best part, it’s a fun job. Working hours are the only thing that sucked. It’s fast paced and you gotta be quick which some people had a hard time with but I liked it
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits, flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
hard work little pay
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2018
I was a ramp agent for an airline and it was a lot of work and a little pay the job can be somewhat dangenrous if your not careful but I dont like this company because our checks were being shorted
Not stressful workplace
Wheelchair Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
When I worked at FSS the workplace was not as stressful as many people would think. Yes it does get busy from time to time but I met a lot of people while working at FSS.
productive
Skycap (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2018
This job can be very challenging at times. It is a great place to work, you can learn alot of new skills from this position. And overall a great and enjoyable position.
Poor Leadership Across the board!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2018
Leadership never has your back in any decision that you make.
Promises that you’d be given a raise and they never made good on their word.
Didn’t provide the tools needed to succeed.
Very Disrespectful Leaders within the company.
Pros
Met a lot of great employees
Fss
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 3, 2018
I had a lot of fun over there everyone was really friendly and like a family the only thing i couldn't handle is the payments per hour it was to low for me
Pros
free lunch for like an hour
Ticketing & Gate agent
Ticketing & gate agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2018
Enjoyable job working as ticketing & gate agent. However airport hours are variable and seasonal. In season part time job is 40 plus hrs a week with very early morning shifts. Off season hours are minimal, maybe 15 hrs a week.
Pros
interesting
Cons
Variable seasonal hours
Indianapolis Indiana
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2018
The environment is not professional . The management is horrible . There is way to much gossip. There is no confidentiality. The pay is horrible . No benefits. No room for growth.
Pros
Experience
Always on the move and watch-type job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2018
Clock in and grab your flight papers and be at your gate on time.
Approach every one you see and write down their names, their badge numbers, their company name, the time they showed up and left, break off seals unless instructed not to, pat down or metal detect-search others. This type of job made me realize how important it is to be on time and extremely aware. In my opinion, it's a job that can be so fun yet super draining depending on # of full-timers. It's at the airport - Winter is a cold season. Friendly people for a big security company. Hardest part was turning in my badge. Enjoyable part was just meeting with people after work and going home, lol.
Pros
Numerous and short/lengthy breaks due to flight schedules. The people you meet.
Cons
Nothing. Wish I lived closer to Boston.
would leave 0 stars if possible
anonymous (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 10, 2018
Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. The corporate staff are some of the worst people I have ever worked with. This includes the CEO, COO, Controller. Those three people are evil, conniving, discriminatory, cruel, greedy, etc.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay, low morale, discrimination on all fronts, no benefits, different sets of rules for different people
Apply to a Airline
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2017
People will typically tell you this is a "foot in the door" if you have no bills or financal responsibilities then yes, otherwise work elsewhere and wait until a airline is hiring not FSS. The pay is very low management is ran like a high school book club. Flights are often delayed due to disorganization then management blames it on the employees while they sit in their offices all day texting "corporate" on their cell phones and eating food. Work uniform is at your own expense. I was embarrased to work for the company most of the "uniforms" looked sloppy since employees could not afford the pieces that were required nor were we given a uniform allowance. Keep in mind you are doing all the work for the airline you are working for and receive NO flight benefits. and the flight crew would get frustrated with us because we are missing basic information since we are a contractor. Dont do it unless youre retired or in high school.
Pros
You represented a major Airline
Cons
Too many to list
Third-party Mobility assistance contractor
Supervisor / IT (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2017
I work with this company for approximately two years. I started as a wheelchair pusher and was able to work my way all the way up to supervisor and local project manager. The management gave us the freedom to run our operation. This was very helpful and ensured that we had a successful operation.
Pros
Freedom to make your own decisions and reap the rewards or consequences.
Cons
Certain Human Resources obligations were sometimes overlooked to the detriment of the employees.
Worst company to ever work for
CSA/Ramp Safety Coordinator (BA) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 8, 2017
No benefits and to many payroll issues. Management sucks no leadership but uphold nationality crew members. Worst company I've ever worked for. Strong discrimination in your face.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Management and payroll
cleaning airplanes over night shift long nights
Aircraft cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Tiresome work cleaning planes over night worked outside for majority of the night, major team work to get the job done, should been paid more money because it's the airport
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
10.00 an hour
Boss was cool job was easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 6, 2017
Fss sucks as far as benefits and wages go. Job was fun and easy though. Manager was a nice person. Everyone else at work could fly for free but fss doesnt offer that to you sadly. Pay was mediocre at best seemed i never got paid what i thought i was supposed to that week.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No flights low pay
Fun work good manager
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  New englandSeptember 6, 2017
This company is notorious for messing up your paycheck. Ive seen missing hours on nearly every check. Everyone notices it too, not just myself. Ive seen my hours at end of payroll sent out and whoever the guy is that finalizes payroll seems to skim off just a few hours every check. Not sure why. A co worker almost called the better business bureau for missing hours. Had a great manager, very organized very respectful. Its just the company that messes up your pay or whoever finalizes the payroll checks.
Pros
Free lunch good manager
Cons
No flight benefits
Great Organization
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2017
I started with the company in January as the general manager and I can honestly say that the opportunities this company gives are great. The opportunities presented are up to management to build the organization at the respected locations. Compared to the other wheelchair providers, we make sure that we treat the passengers in the wheelchair with respect. Another thing that is worth noting is that if you have a question about how things done or if you have an idea, corporate is always willing to listen and willing to assist If you work hard and care, you will go far
Pros
Great Organization, Good Opportunities
Cons
Sometimes in my position I work more than 50 hours a week
A Great Company
Wheelchair Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2017
I have been with FSS since February and it is the shining example of what a company should be. The manager honestly cares about the employees and is always around when we need help. Compared to the other wheelchair providers, we make sure that we treat the passengers in the wheelchair with respect. If you work hard and care, you will go far
Pros
Great company, good management, good opportunity
Cons
Tips are sometimes infrequent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Services & Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9