FlightSafety International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Interesting
Simulator/Ground School Instructor/Check Airman (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
Great place to work if you love aviation but for some reason wont or cant work for an airline. Home every day and you work with like-minded intelligent people who are there because they want to.
Don't
Manager, Flight Training Devices, Dry Lease (Former Employee) –  yea, rightMarch 21, 2018
I worked a myriad of jobs at fsi, from Tech to Facility Manager..I hear they burn people out and discard them now, about the same as it ever was I guess.
Slow and low
Worker (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 18, 2018
Typical work day is paper work and taking care of issues that arise from customer request to simulator issues.

Management is more that happy to help. Always greets you with a smile.

Work culture is very clicky, much like high school.

The hardest part about the job is showing up with a smile knowing that my schooling is going to waste and I'm stagnating, as well as pay is very low.

The best part of the job is that everything is climate controlled and if you like airplanes and flying this is a fun job. There is technology everywhere so tech buffs will love all the different PC's and OS's.
Pros
Very relaxed environment, friendly, easy to learn, everyone is halpful.
Cons
Low pay, only one raise per year, technology is dated.
great place to work
G550/G450 Pilot Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 8, 2018
Great overall experience.I learned much about instructing. Very rewarding position. The compensation is low with regards to the industry standard in comparison to other Training facilitie.
PC tech is a fast pacted strict environment.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 5, 2018
For my personality the job was a bit stressful, I liked the job, and the people. The hardest part of the job was the enforced quota for HD tickets no matter the difficulty of the task. There seem to be many strict and misleading policies, unspoken wrongs/personal pet peeves.
I'm sure every department is different but there seemed to be a high level of stress with all the techs.
Great people
Ground/Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 26, 2018
Enjoy the general atmosphere and teammates. Flexible work schedule depending on Program Manager. Excellent benefits package. Generally do not work holidays.
Training contract
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2018
There going to ask you to sign a training contract. Few if any reputable airlines ever require these types of employement schemes. They must be common for corporate aviation. Take your skills to the major airlines if you want a solid career.
Cons
Contract
Depends on you position...
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Although quick paced and demanding, it was a great place to work for a number of years. Lots of comaraderie and commitment to the mission. Changes in recent years have driven politics to an all time high and morale to an all time low. For a period of time the environment was downright toxic, although more recently there has been some improvement in that regard.
Enjoyed my position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed learning the industry, experiencing the simulators,my position & clientele. Great benefits, easy commute, loved the concept of the uniforms that were provided annually.
Great work environment, friendly people
Simulator and Ground Instructor, PPE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2018
Great place friendly people, nice equipment, this is a great place to learn and challenge yourself to keep up with aircraft systems and regulations, working with students with various backgrounds.
Pros
friendly people, nice equipment
Cons
Long day's
Flight Safety
Ground and Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2017
I would recommend Flight Safety as a place to work. The schedule is good, the pay and benefits are decent. Management is there to help and not out to get you.
Fast pace and great learning experience
Lead Flight Instructor, SAT (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 17, 2017
Good training for structure required for safe operations in flight and in aviation in general.
Pay is low but fair when weighed against the name recognition for Flight safety within the industry, The benefits offered are some of the best in the industry and counter the low hourly rate.
Good place, great people
Technology Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 7, 2017
FlightSafety International is a very good place to work. People are nice and supportive. The pay scale is slightly below market value. If you do your job well, you are fairly secure in your position. Not a lot of rapid advancement.
Pros
Nice environment, great people
Cons
Slow to change, not technologically advanced
An Amazing work environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 3, 2017
I worked at flightsafety for 8 years. I resigned from my position. it's my mistake I should have stayed but you live and you learn from your mistakes.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Night shift had little training
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I was set up for failure by the co-worker whom knew I could surpass his skills with the equipment. I was trained in BROKEN ARROW, OK, and what they schooled was not what was enforced at the facility.
Pros
free flight time in simulator
Cons
long hours.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 28, 2017
Great work culture, easy upward movement and managers that actively care about their employees. Free lunches twice a week with Roth 401k. Most employees need a pilots license to perform duties.
Professional
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I had a very good experience working for this company. Everyone there was very nice to work with on a daily basis. In hindsight, I wish I had continued working there.
Pros
Solid company with some room for advancement
Cons
Not really
Fast pace professional place to work, could use improvement on employee retention
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJuly 30, 2017
Very, very fast paced high stress job. Lots to learn. Frequent change of management and employees.
Fun competitions and events from time to time. Lots of fun.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, Clean environment, Excellent training for clients
Cons
Very cold, Micro managed, Unvalued employees
Stable
Operation Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 16, 2017
Stable company to be able to start your aviation career with. Knowledgeable aviation individuals that are willing to share and help develope a young aviation mind.
Great place to work!
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2017
The Team is extremely professional. They respect each other's opinions and work very well together. In a typical day, I am working very closely with the team to ensure their computers and other technology are performing optimally. I've learned a great deal about how pilots are certified. The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with subject matter experts on the proprietary aspects of the company.

Overall, I feel this is a great place to work!
Pros
Autonomous environment
Cons
Limited support for proprietary software