FLIK Lifestyles Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Will screw you over
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
If they lose their contract at a facility, most of the employees will stop doing any work months before leaving. The regional director will not contact you nor answer any calls about relocation after the contract is lost. They also make you sign a noncompete clause which will not allow you to work for the client company even if they have no other work for you at Flik.
Pros
Benefits and Free Meals. Raises if you do your job above and beyond.
Cons
Pay, contract lost, no relocation if the contract is lost.
Quick Paced Enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for FLIK lifestyles and I recommend it to anyone who applies. The work place requires you to have a positive attitude with whomever you interact with.
Pros
Nice pay, work schedule flexible
Cons
Fast pace job with helpful co-workers
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJune 15, 2018
Friendly and supportive staff and co-workers. Free meal and drink every shift. Residents make all the hard work worth it. There's always someone near by, ready to help if needed.
Pros
Free meal and drink, nice people, typically easy
Cons
We are often short staffed because we hire kids that are still in highschoo, focused more about school than the job.l
Excellent Client and Staff Relationship
PM Cook (Former Employee) –  Garrison, NYJune 13, 2018
I, in the first two years always looked forward to coming to work. My relationship with the client was excellent as well as with my Co Workers. there was never any tension. the kitchen staff always helped one another to make sure that the client was pleased. Overall one of the best kitchens I've ever had the opportunity to work in.We served the Homeless once a month and had monthly Birthdays for the Nuns at The Convent.
Pros
Great environment in kitchen
Cons
New Management
This job wad very stressful
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Topton, PAApril 27, 2018
This job was very stressful. I did not feel that I was paid enough for the amount of responsibility I had. I was often working by myself because we were always extremely short staffed.
Pros
I liked my coworkers
Cons
Not enough pay
fun fast paced environment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 9, 2018
One day I was working a 12hr shift I remember how it was the best day of all the days I have worked. I was training someone and that person got to experience the joy and happiness that the kitchen and dining room brings. The next day she told management she had the best day and was glad to be working there.
Pros
The joy
Cons
management
great learning expeeience
Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 27, 2018
Learned a lot in my time with Flik. The company is growing quickly and cannot keep up with the amount of business they have and keep the accounts adequately staffed. Lunch is free, access to great resources and support. Unfortunately when you make suggestions to improve the work environment they fall on deaf ears. Expect to work 10 hours per day and have to fill in when line staff decides not to come in. Make sure you really check out the facility and the culture. Some can be difficult and cut throat.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working 10 hours per day and doing the work of 3 people
Always something to do
Server/Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 4, 2018
Depending on the day and weekly menu items, sometimes this jobs is easy and other days its very stressful. There is a lot of teamwork and communication. Since its a small account we have become like family so sometimes work can be enjoyable.
Pros
flexible scheduling, lots of benefits, work times
Cons
pay, management
Meh
Chef (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 1, 2018
Upper management doesn’t get it. Expect the world while giving next to nothing for it. This isn’t coming from a lazy employee. I work hard and with this company am expected to do the job of 4 persons (not an exaggeration) and still not good enough.
Pros
Have a job.
Cons
Everything else.
Do your work in 8 hours. Done? Heres more.Done with that? Heres more...WHY is it taking you so LONG to finish your work???
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 28, 2017
Another review I read said it well-as a part time dietitian you will be expecting to work 20 hours a week and expected to work 20 hrs a week, but given more and more to do within the same time period that quality suffers and auditors will come in and find subjective errors from working at a breakneck pace. If the client requests it. No training or direction, zero positive feedback from manager. A true bait and switch job offer. Beware.
Pros
Friendly coworkers in other departments
Cons
See my review.

Want to know more about FLIK Lifestyles?

Ask a question
Very Disorganized
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  DCNovember 5, 2017
New Brand, Not much thought put into how senior living and business dining would tie together. The Corporate ex Chef and Creative development manager were allowed to run wild with no oversight and left middle management running in circles. Not to mention they were not trusted at any level. Only way, as a front line manager, to be recognized was to be in a big account. Smaller accounts are totally ignored. Bonus structure was changed mid year with no indication on how to meat goals. Very poor communication from President of Sector.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Long Hours, no recognition, In fighting, Upperlevel cut throat, below average copensation.
Terrible place with no recognition for hard work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYSeptember 22, 2017
You will never be appreciated for work performed but will always be judged if anything goes wrong. No room for advancement after a certain level of management.
Manager is not fair
Server (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 6, 2017
Management sucked, schedule never fair, one slow worker who never does anything,you get free food, and nice breaks, nice residents to work with, long hours
Pros
Free food
Cons
Terrible team
Fun work place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 11, 2017
Awesome work place to work, great health care program,, great managment team and staff members always willing to help you when needed.. overall greAt company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great town hall meetings and networking opps.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 28, 2016
Great company as long as they have work for you to complete and if they have time to mentor new up and risings managers to the company.
Pros
Great company atmosphere and training.
Cons
Fast pace so some times you have to play catch up .
Flik Lifestyles is a new branch of Compass Management
Food Service Manager II (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 28, 2016
Great world wide company.
10- 14 hours per day is normal.
Looking for a better work/personal life mix.
Co workers are all professional and looking to move upwards.
I love dealing with the residents we serve.
Pros
great account to work at.
Cons
no quality of life
An uplifting environment where I felt my opinion mattered
Wellness Coordinator/Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYJuly 11, 2016
As an employee of Flik Lifestyles, I feel my input and opinion matter and therefore I am able to make a difference in the lives of seniors everyday.
Decent
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Garrison, NYMay 2, 2016
Decent Experience, innovative company to work for. Upper Management needs some updating. Would work for them in the future.
management isnt the best
Conference Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
managers at my location are very unorganized, and lack knowledge.They pick favorites and fail to encourage their employees, they knock them down and make them feel unappreciated.
Pros
free lunches, diversity
Cons
management
Awesome company to work for...don't hesitate!
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 3, 2015
Flik's focus on developing their people shows in the way that they retain talent, and enrich the lives of those that they serve!
Pros
Company as a whole is great
Cons
Balancing customer wants versus company wants. Minor issue