FLINT HILL SCHOOL

FLINT HILL SCHOOL: 14 Employee Reviews

United States14 reviews

FLINT HILL SCHOOL insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

Typical K12 Private School in DC suburb

Enjoyed the freedom to set up and run a High School Library including collections and digital resources. In the end, however, the administration decided to eliminate the position in favor of using the Library space for an emerging Robotics program. I had to weed the collection, must to the dismay of the faculty.

Well established school - still seeking a mission

Flint Hill is a well-established and well-funded school. They often move to support different student and community interest (students with diagnosed learning disabilities, more diverse students, athletics) and they don't ever land on one.

Pros

Supported tuition for staff

Cons

Parents can be difficult

wonderful working and learning environment

excellent company to work for every child matters wonderful and dedicated faculty and staff state of the art facilities 1:1 technology Apple school small class size

Pros

free lunch

Cons

little or no breaks

Faculty should look elsewhere

FHS seems to value younger, less experienced (cheaper), eager faculty who are yes-people. Seniority and experience not valued or rewarded. Asking questions or disagreeing with administration (about anything) is a big no-no. Faculty have no voice - unless it is about new ways to create more work for yourself. Appearances are everything, words about work-life balance and appreciating faculty are empty and hollow. Sense of mistrust and fear between faculty and admin with administration playing favorites. Too much administration and totally top-down. Workload and expectations are very demanding here (more so than usual which is already high for teachers). Breaks are not breaks, “at work” work-hours are ridiculous, and way too many meetings. Parents can be very tough on new teachers. Change is a big and stressful thing here. Felt like change for change sake. The long, exhausting, marathon day of interviewing is indicative of what a typical work day is at FHS.

Pros

Nice grounds, good school for students, enjoyed other faculty, strong learning center program

Cons

Faculty overworked, stressed out, fearful of administration.

Productive and a quality education experience

I enjoyed this experience because my peers were hardworking and genuinely cared about their craft and their connections with the students. The school and its grounds are beautiful.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

overworked

Teachers are excellent. Parents are the customers.Grade inflation is typical as it is anywhere. Vacations means more work. Extremely diverse. Great location.

Too Many Cooks...

Too much control by administration to enable teachers to do what they do best. No loyalty, and the administrators do not treat people very well. People with contrasting opinions are afraid to express them for fear of losing their jobs.

Pros

free lunch, benefits

Cons

too many unnecessary meetings, little collaboration

Fun summer camps

At the basketball camps that my high school provided (Flint Hill), I had a great time interacting with my teammates, coaches and the kids we coached throughout the week.

Pros

Fun, Free lunch

Rewarding Job experience!

Starting at Flint Hill made me realize how much I love working with children. My boss is absolutely perfect, the children are great, and the work environment is clean and enjoyable.

A great school gaining in reputation.

In my 24 years at Flint Hill, I have watched it grow from a small school to a two-campus school that has earned a formidable reputation for education, sports, and the arts.

Very professional educational environment.

Teachers prepare for a rigorous workday every day. Lesson planning incorporating technology and interactive and progressive methodologies. I learn something every day as a teacher and from the students and their vast background knowledge. Teachers are required to manage the lessons, the students, their ever-changing schedules, and challenge them every day. My coworkers are very collaborative, which helps everyone. The most difficult part of job is time management. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with the students.

Pros

Very professional, but fun environment.

Cons

Limited time to lesson plan, at times.

Atmosphere

Great place to work. Awesome atmosphere with great kids - the school is getting bigger and better every semester.

Pros

Lots of Vacation

Very interesting place to work. Great people and enviroment

Coordinates all school events.Issues ID badges, office, room and desk keys, parking passes, and any other additional position specific materials required.Manages the electronic security system to ensure that the timing of locking and unlocking doors matches the needs of the school day and/or special events.In addition to event managing, manages the processing and assignment of work orders and transportation requests submitted through the school.

A private day school in Oakton VA.

I never liked the Fairfax County area and the teaching assignment was five courses, four were Advanced Placement. There were huge divisons within the faculty which resulted in a third of the faculty leaving for other schools.

Pros

free lunches and great athletic programs.

Cons

an entitlement attitude regarding grades.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLINT HILL SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

FLINT HILL SCHOOL Reviews by Location

Learn about FLINT HILL SCHOOL in popular locations

• FLINT HILL SCHOOL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?