Flint Hills Resources Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lots of stress in the role
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 26, 2018
The on call duty was to be minimum of seven times a year and ended up being 10+ due to being short handed all the time. There was always someone out of the office so those who came to work carried their work load. With a minimum of sick days unused, I felt that the others took advantage of the sick days on a regular basis.
Excellent refinery to work in
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 19, 2018
My career was cut short by a mistake I made by not following a safety procedure. Flints Hills refinery was by far the best job I'd ever had in my 23 years in my field of work. I highly recommend this company, the pay is above average for the area, raises are merit based and fair, but you must follow all safety regulations to the letter, which is an excellent expectations considering the type of environment
Pros
Great pay, excelent schedule, wonderful benefits
Open to being challenged
Accounts Payable Invoice Processor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 14, 2018
The company has a MBM Culture which is nice because they really value their guiding principles and want everybody to succeed. The supervisors are open to new ideas and evaluating you on a weekly basis so you know your strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No minority leaders
Operator
Operator Waste Water Treatment (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 3, 2018
I was responsible for the operation of offsite facility of the plant. Performed reading, caught samples and valve adjustments on incoming gas to the plant Loaded rail cars.
Reputable Place to Work
Machinery Asset Technician (M.A.T.) (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 10, 2018
Flint Hills Resources has been a stable work place for many years; however, in the last 2 years, efficiency experts have completely changed the organization, and the company is taking the LEAN CONCEPT to a dangerous level.
Pros
Very interactive discussion boards.
Cons
Terrible high deductible health care.
Steady place to work
Environmental Scientist and Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work and I learned quite a bit. The coworkers are pretty great and so was my manager. I would recommend this company to anyone but I simply lost interest in the type of work I was doing.
Pros
Many free lunches, good manager
Flint Hills Resources is a great place to work.
Safety Specialist/Emergency Response Team Member (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Flint Hills has a good work environment culture. The company had good benefits and insurance. They believe in the safety of their personnel, the environment and the community.
Competitive and Collaborative environment
Director, Learning and Performance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Expectations are high and compliance systems are a priority. People are high quality, skilled and dedicated. Reward and recognition systems are fair and transparent.
Pros
You get out what you put into your work at FHR
Cons
By working for Koch you are automatically associated with the political ideology of leadership.
good overall, can be intense
Turnaround Execution Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Can be a tough work environment due continuous cost and schedule pressures, shifting priorities and continuously changing executions plans and processes.
Pros
good salary
Cons
intense
Very stressful
Electrical Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIJanuary 19, 2018
The company makes it known the you are replaceable and has a revolving door policy. Management is a joke and will throw you under the bus at any giving mistake instead of working with you to prevent these mistakes from happening again.
Pros
Cons
Stressful work environment
Reliability Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The culture was interesting, because the culture of the region clashed with the culture of the company. I learned a lot about the industry. I had 4 different managers in my time there, so I learned what kind of leadership I value.
tough place to work
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Work two refinery's for the same pay, certified in 9 areas of the plant #2terminal,#3terminal, C area ect and a secondary skill as firefighter and it was never enough.
Pros
free lunches for overtime worked.
Cons
more management then workers. for every worker there were 4 supervisor
Did not feel appreciated by company or management.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Enjoyed working for this company, but always felt unappreciated and more like a number instead of a valued employee by management and leadership team even after 15 years of employment.
Did appreciate the opportunity to grow and learn knowledge during this time, but feel the time had come to move on and search for better opportunities to continue to learn and exciting my knowledge to further my career.
Veteran employees started to move on to other companies due to unfavorable changes within the company.
Pros
Paid vacation and 401k retirement
Cons
Healthcare, unappreciation, advancement opportunities, high turnover
You're just another employee.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Texas.January 5, 2018
With their cutbacks and recent lean concept. They just care about production and cost cutting. They really don't care about their employees. Treat you like a number.
Pros
Launch discounts.
Cons
Treat employers and contractors badly.
Turnaround systems manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work. Great people and team effort. Flint Hills is always looking for ways to be better and competive. Salaries are always fair and competive with the market.
Unsafe place to work
Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2018
People are just a number. You will be replaced within a week after you are gone or not and others will have to work extra until a replacement is found. Opportunity to advance but held back due to business needs or lack of others to backfill your position.
Pros
Good pay. Ok benefits.
Cons
Shift work. No advancement unless you are a favorite.
Great advancement opportunities.
Accounting Assistant / Accountant Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 29, 2017
This is a highly competitive company. They conduct business in an efficient way that makes them highly successful. Long hours are usually required. Typical corporate environment.
Difficult place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEDecember 10, 2017
Management is very hard to work for. Management preaches Charles Koch's guiding principles, but do not follow themselves. Management is always putting bandaids on things that need fixed. They say safety is number one, but all that management cares about is production! Management will cut you down anytime you challenge anything. I would never work for an organization like this again. I was sold on all of what Charles Koch teaches you, but everyone must follow to be successful. That will never happen at any Flint Hills facilities.
Pros
Benefits, pay is average.
Cons
Back stabbing management
Fast Paced work environment.
Process Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 5, 2017
Very stressful for operations staff. Many of the operators are back stabbers and set you up for failure. Everything falls on operations if things go wrong.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
stressful
Process Operator
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 7, 2017
good work environment, good people, great pay and benefits. constant test of knowledge and a great place to build a career and retire. recommend this place