Flint Hills Resources
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Flint Hills Resources Employee Reviews in Ames, IA

Ames, IA5 reviews

You can gain some valuable experience - if you can work the hours

FHR uses MBM whiich is a well thought out set of business principles on a theoretical level. Company struggled to define and execute it at the tactical level. Hard not to like a philosophy which encourages humility and integrity. FHR and Koch had a bad reputation for work/life balance in business units which were struggling (B&I in particular). Inadequate staff and layoffs were the result which were ugly and damaging to the individual and the company. You can gain some valuable experience here especially if your younger as they will readily give a large amount of responsibility to young folks right out of school. Find a mentor though and watch the work/life balance. If you have a young family, make sure your spouse in onboard. You will not be at home as much as you like. Pay was above market average, but when you factored in overtime, maybe not so much. Long Long Hours in B&I trying to make a high overhead, high staffing load, F500 approach work in an industry dominated by lean Ag Coops.

Pros

Mbm, Responsibility, Compensation

Cons

Work Life Balance

Overall great company

Company culture is more than a list of slogans or buzz words. People are judged uoon their merits and contribution to the company. No two ppl have the same role as it is dependant upon individual capabilities and personal growth then a job title.

Pros

Mbm culture

Cons

Sometimes mutual benefit to society means you get sold

Flint Hills Resources insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

great job and culture

FHR has given me experience I would not have been able to acquire outside of their culture. They strive for integrity and compliance in all they do. however, I do not like the travel they have me doing. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the ability to own my respective job duties. FHR encourages a sense of entrepreneurship within its employees.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Travel

Great company, great culture

Great company to work for - they really do care about their employees. Great co-workers that treat you like family. The culture is exactly as you would expect! They walk the talk of employee safety and health protections.

Pros

Culture, compressed work weeks

Cons

Work/life balance must be managed to keep in check

Solid company with lots of growth potential

Flint Hills Resources is the best company I have ever worked for!! Everyone is passionate, hard-working, and down to earth. The Renewables business (FHRR) is an exciting organization to work for since the ethanol industry is so new to Koch Industries (Parent Company). We are consistently looking for ways to innovate and grow while simultaneously improving base business. Koch Industries is continuously looking to acquire new facilities that will grow our business.I work with so many talented individuals who are passionate about creating value for our organization and society. FHR allows you to exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and drive for continuous improvement. If you work hard and demonstrate a commitment to FHR's Guiding Principles, the opportunities for growth are endless.I'd recommend working for this organization to anyone!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Hills Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Flint Hills Resources with

Learn about Flint Hills Resources in Ames, IA

• Flint Hills Resources
  • Ames, IA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?