Flint Hills Resources
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Flint Hills Resources Employee Reviews in Longview, TX

Longview, TX11 reviews

N/a

Was not worth the 12 years of my life I spent there. Would not recommend working here, treat you very unfairly and do not appreciate you or your work.

Official response from Flint Hills Resources

October 18, 2019
Hi- this is Molly from Talent Solutions. I wanted to first thank you for your dedication and hard work over the 12 years you were with Flint Hills Resources. We work to support a respectful and fulfilling work environment and opportunities for all of our employees. It is a constant focus for us, but it is a continual challenge and we appreciate feedback like this ,to help us do better. Please know that I am passing this along to the appropriate leadership teams as feedback moving forward. I wish you the best and thank you again.

Excellent workplace, great culture

I worked in the Longview Tx facility for 5 years and loved it. I found the management to be very supportive and they genuinely wanted their people to succeed. I would have stayed there but we chose to leave Texas because of the heat and fires.

Pros

Great culture, excellent pay and benefits

Official response from Flint Hills Resources

May 11, 2021
Hello, this is Liz from Talent Solutions. Thank you for taking the time to share about your Koch experience, and for your 5 years of service at our Longview facility! We wish you all the best.

Flint Hills Resources insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Rail Facility Operator

Boss was a nice guy but terrible boss. Worked my butt of in three departments but was denied a raise after a year of employment and left. They don’t seem to appreciate or invest back into their employees. Did get opportunity to work some OT for extra money.

Enjoyable place to work

Flint Hills is a very interesting place to work. Wonderful people to work with. Duties were slow paced and the job is never secure with Flint Hills. Many changes constantly.

Pros

Company Lunches

Cons

No Benefits

Micro Managed Workplace with Poor Culture and Management

Management is the key poor aspect of this job. Management is biased and unresponsive to employee issues. Some employees get to do their job comfortably while others are constantly scrutinized and under intense pressure. Issues brought to managements attention many times goes ignored. Lots of negative workplace gossip among management. These things can create an environment that a focused employee cannot thrive in. Culture here seems to be very focused on finding a "fall guy" for every minute' issue. Favoritism can also be an issue as discipline is not evenly administered. Outside of management the company itself has many great attributes. Great work supplies, informational access and super benefits.

Pros

Up to date machines, easy access to most information

Cons

Gossip based management, Not responsive to issues, biased disclipline

High stress, low sense of accomplishment

I worked at FHR Longview for 5 years and had 5 different managers. Upper management is very negative. The work itself was not difficult but the management expected perfection and applied pressure at every opportunity which made the stress level very high and contributed to a back-stabbing, CYA way of doing things. I would not go back.

Pros

Compensation was good

Cons

No overtime, poor office conditions, high stress

Good Job

The company give me a great chance to improve my skills an to improve in my craft. I would tell anyone who ask me that this is a great place to work at .

QC Laboratory technician

Loved it, loved it. Awersome place to work. Management is fantastic, people are appreciated there. Good benefits, good pay. I would recommend this place.

Working the FHR assignment was definely a challenge due to the site's limited knowledge of polymer processing.

My job role at the FHR site as a consultant was to help resolve major operability problems. This required training the site's operating group, maintenance group and staff on basic reactor, extrusion and pelletizing practices. This training helped the different groups to recognize the importance of following good Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to good maintenance procedures and policies, which helped resolve the operability problems. The hardest part of the job was mitigating the necessary changes to be made to help improve the operation.

Great Company and Culture

Outstanding management team who are very helpful and supportive. FHR Longview plant encouraged career growth and development opportunities.

Pros

great work life balance and benefits.

Cons

location

Very good company. I thoroughly enjoyed working for them. In 2007 our Plant was sold to Flint Hills Resources

Managed a small project engineering group which implemented all Capital and some expense projects. I learned to deal with people, both professional and hourly, I had several diverse and interesting projects which ranged from the installation of a 2 mile pipeline across County property, private property and Texas Eastman land. I had to learn to deal with government and external "Customer." This project complete on schedule, under budget and safely. Installed a 5 million dollar Propylene Tank Car Unloading Facility - a project which tested my ability to handle extensive civil/structural work, work with an outside contractor do design the unloading equipment. Again this project was complete on-schedule, within budget , safely and started up with minimal effort. After start up of this unit, I supervised the operation and had 8 operators an one maintenance person reporting to me. We were able to operate the unit at rates 20 to 25% above design. This unit now belongs to Flint Hills. Trained as a "Black Belt," though this was near the time Huntsman was sold. I found all the work for Huntsman to be enjoyable and challenging.

Pros

huntsman and high expectations, but rewarded you if youy meet them. i enjoyed working for huntsman very much.

Cons

the plant was sold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Hills Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits