Flint Hills Resources
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Flint Hills Resources Employee Reviews in Port Arthur, TX

Port Arthur, TX23 reviews

Fun challenging work, training for specific job duties lacking in orientation period. Project managers were great to work with. No overtime pay to salary employees even if work load or shutdown required it.

Pros

Great benefits and fair pay

Cons

Job orientation on specific company systems was lacking

Miscommunication from upper management to front line leaders occurs often

Little regard for personal safety. Safety issues were discovered, the safety issues were disregarded. Costs of repairs was considered too expensive. Much of the equipment that was deemed unsafe was still being used daily.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Personal consideration for hourly employees is almost nonexistent

Official response from Flint Hills Resources

December 22, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. Safety is always our first priority, and we take this feedback seriously. I will be raising this immediate to the appropriate teams for review. Thank you again- Molly from Talent Solutions.

Flint Hills Resources insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

N/a

I was with a staffing firm / assignment and I did not have a real opportunity to get a sense of familiarity with anyone. Simply not enough time there.

Interesting and Dynamic Day-to-Day

I greatly enjoyed my time with FHR. I was assigned to multiple roles with multiple supervisors to expand my capabilities and supports different parts of the plant. I felt valued as an employee and invested in.

Safety oriented company

Flint Hills Resources is a Safety and Environmentally oriented company, Safety is always on top of the list. Flint Hills is a great company to get started and to learn the industry. Flint Hills is a no nonsense company that doesn't put up with any kind of work place violence.

Official response from Flint Hills Resources

August 9, 2019
Hello- thank you for taking the time to write us a review and share your experience. I am happy to hear that you have found Flint Hills to be not only a safe place to work, but also a place to further grow your knowledge and skills. Please know that I am passing this feedback on to the appropriate leadership team as well. Thank you-Molly from Talent Solutions

Short

Was not there long enough to properly review this company. Left to take my current job which was back closer to where I was from. I enjoyed the place while I was there.

It has been a good place to work at over all.

The work enviornment is friendly for the most part. As at any job it has it's ups and downs. FHR will furnish the tools you need to get a job done safely. They are a safety first company not a safety if it's convent.

Pros

first line supervision is helpfull and responsive.

Cons

some of the upper management isn't.

I loved the co-workers, could not trust management

Never know when they were going to come in and let you go. Management change almost monthly. Never knew what to trust coming from management. They let people go for what seemed like no reason, They would say they were not letting people go, then a couple weeks later they would.

Pros

Pention

Cons

Job stability

Environmental Admin. Asst.

Admin. Asst to 4-6 people in the Environmental department,. Document control was handled in this department. I also revamped and updated the Environmental file room and all the files to make it more user friendly for the department.

Good and bad

The other team members are good to work with and the overall feeling among people is friendly. There is an air of uncertainty on the site because management does not communicate very well with the employees. Decisions are not made in a timely manner. There seems to be confusion and disorganization among management in different departments throughout the company. The company payscale is below market value but they refuse to acknowledge that to employees when the subject is brought up for discussion. The company helps out in the community and works to maintain a positive relationship with the community.

Pros

community relations good, support for employees during disasters

Cons

below market pay, poor management throughout the company

Good pay and benefits.

This is a good company to work for. Typical day at work is busy. Management is good for the most part. Adjusting to the culture in the workplace was a big challenge initially.

Pros

Good hiring practice builds a concrete foundation for educated individuals within the company, pay based off performance, good insurance

Cons

Company runs lean at times so its hard to keep a good work/lift balance

Fun place to work

Absolutely great place to work. Culture is different from what I was used to. Southeast Texas is very much different from New England and also even different from central texas.

The culture was interesting, because the culture of the region clashed with the culture of the company. I learned a lot about the industry. I had 4 different managers in my time there, so I learned what kind of leadership I value.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Everyone will always offer a hand to help someone in need. Always a lively place to be. Never a dull moment around the offices.

Great company to work for

I have worked for FHR for roughly 3 years and it has been a great company to work for with a lot of opportunities. Good compensation and good benefits

Enjoyed my time there

I enjoyed my time at FHR. Great people to work with. Learned a lot. I had the chance to get into areas that I had not previously been exposed to.

Pros

Great people

easy format

not to complicated to work with and its a easy format to work with. lay out is great. I believe if you are looking for a job and you really don't know how to get your resume out there this is the best place to put your resume.

Leadership and culture change is needed

There are good people there that only need good leadership and better communications to help improve their current situation,

Pros

Good people

Cons

Bad leadership

Over Management

Great employee's to work with! Very high-level of micro-management & reporting.. No forecasting from leadership as to forthcoming developments. Sometimes overbearing due to high-levels of pressure.

Strong pluses and minuses

Not a bad company to work, just not for me. I would have liked to remain under more favorable circumstances. Processes could use updating and restructuring to be more effective. I appreciated the strong principals that governed the company and employees

Good Environment with Great Benifits

This is a good company to work for with great benefits, the amount of training this company provides can definitely take you a long way in your career.

Cons

Terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Hills Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight