Flint Hills Resources
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Flint Hills Resources Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

Wichita, KS22 reviews

Old Fashioned, a few steps behind the other Koch Companies

Let me start with I worked with nice folks in a respectful environment, its far from a toxic work environment. That being said, FHR IT is old fashioned in how its managed compared to other IT departments from its competitors and even other Koch Companies. Over the past couple of years its been increasingly clear that FHR struggles to keep talent from leaving. It seems to be due to mix of stricter "Work from Office" policy, less than competitive compensation adjustments, and a disconnect between upper management and everyone else.

Pros

Nice People, Learned A Lot

Cons

Slow Career Advancement, No WFH

Heavy workload for little wages, bad culture

This company will work you to death. They want a large number of hours out of you and if you’re hourly they want the work done but anything over 40 hours they don’t want to pay for. They would say no overtime is allowed then give you a workload of at least 50 hours but you were not allowed to clock any hours over 40. The entire company seems to think that working for a Koch company is equivalent to being a life-saving surgeon, or God. On the bright side, they were flexible with schedules/appointments and the building was newer with a restaurant, dry cleaning services, and gift store.

Pros

Nice building

Cons

Minimum wages, culture, workload

April 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and leave us feedback. I am disappointed to read of your experience a healthy work-life balance is a focus at all our companies. Please know that I will be sharing this feedback with the appropriate leadership team as opportunities moving forward. Thank you again, Cali from Talent Solutions.

Flint Hills Resources insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Great summer working in FHR IT

The IT internship allows current college students to come in and do real work on a variety of projects and to do a deep-dive into Koch culture and the 8 Principles. The mentors, supervisors, and managers involved in the IT internship are complete rock stars and really put effort into making the summer a memorable experience in the strive to sign full-time employees post-grad. I would recommend this summer internship to anyone interested in software development or functional IT work (project management, applications, etc.)

Pros

Good entry level pay, strong culture focus, flexibility of work

Cons

Recruiting placement

Ruined by one poor manager

Was a great expierence and they take work very seriously. The whole office truly was one big family and it was fun to be a part of. That being said, my manager was very poor at his job. The only manager of all of them that wasnt excellent. Overall id recommend it to many.

March 15, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to read that your experience was overall positive and the team was supportive and fulfilling during your time. Thank you again- Molly from Talent Solutions

Excellent place to learn and build financial analysis skills.

Excellent, stable company. Best benefits in city, competitive base wage. Constantly challenged to think and produce results- never a dull moment. No work life balance.

January 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience and leaving us a review. We appreciate this feedback as we are constantly working to understand where we can grow further. Work-life balance is key to our employee’s overall satisfaction. I appreciate this feedback and wish you the best. Thank you- Molly from Talent Solutions

Fhr

Its a good out of college job. Put in the effort and you can go far, or it is a good stepping stone to something else. I would reccomend this to other people

Fast paced, detail oriented, high expectations

Being able to multi-task throughout your day is crucial. Depending on your manager, can be a very nice place to work. Co-workers are friendly and I made some long lasting friendships along the way.

summary

it was a very nice hospital to work at. nurses could self schedule. much support from management, compensation was adequate, benefits were adequate....

Great employer

Flint Hills Resources is a great place to work. The best part about the job is the many people you get to work with on a daily basis. You even get to work with people outside of your area.

Very nice work environment

The job was great but as a temporary hire I was constantly reminded that I was only a temp. Beautiful campus and they take care of their employees very well. Everything from ensuring you are comfortable in your work area to the fabulous cafeteria among other amenities. Sadly I was not qualified to ever be a direct hire.

Pros

Great amenities and beautiful surroundings. Great family/work life balance too.

Cons

Without a degree you won't be considered for any direct hire position

Open to being challenged

The company has a MBM Culture which is nice because they really value their guiding principles and want everybody to succeed. The supervisors are open to new ideas and evaluating you on a weekly basis so you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

No minority leaders

Very Supportive Team

Everyone works together and is willing to take time out of their day to bring you up to speed. My boss was extremely supportive of my career development and helped me get a job I wanted.

Relaxed and lackadaisical

The Management is very Hypocritical. They would like for you to buy into their MBM Philosophy but will not embrace it personally and apply it in their work. They continue to embrace a Good Ole Boy system and refuse to be Leaders, instead choose to blame their Senior Leaders for the lack of compensation and advancement.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Poor Leadership, Compensation is below industry

Great advancement opportunities.

This is a highly competitive company. They conduct business in an efficient way that makes them highly successful. Long hours are usually required. Typical corporate environment.

A great place to work

I enjoyed my time working at Koch Industries. The work is challenging, my co-workers were nice, and management was fair and helpful. I would recommend this company to a friend.

Great Control Room

Great place to be to see overall picture of gas and liquids movement. Long hours, but plenty of scheduled time off. Opportunities to communicate with customers and 3rd parties.

Okay for a little while, gets old quick.

FHR IT Does not adhere well to MBM. If you are a serious worker that gets things done and saves them money, good for you, but management won't care all that much. If you are a yes man and like to use buzzwords and talk about new technologies just enough to sound like you know what you are saying then will get very far in the company. They like to say they hire the top talent, but from my experience most of the talent is barely mediocre.

Pros

a few good people, good health benefits

Cons

Poor Pay, poor vacation leave, poor options, poor management, etc.

Fun place to work

Full of intelligent people to work with. Good leadership and helps with employment growth. Helpful team members. Good ethics and good people around the company.

Disciplined and structure.

A great place to learn the basics and get a good solid foundation learning business process and how big business runs. The company is structured and organized and tries to stay consistent with industry trends. The MBM culture and ideology are engrained in employees.

Deal with Right of Way purchase Lead Right of Way Agent and agent supporters Most difficult was to end a project and let co-workers go home or to another project. Hardest part of the job - being away from home Enjoyable: Dealing with land owners and co-workers

Great IT Department

Best IT Department I've seen: set up correctly with several test environment's for all systems, which allows end to end design and testing. Great atmosphere, friendly, social co-workers. Great company to work for with forward thinking goals.

Pros

Great atmosphere, opputunities, job security

Cons

In Witchita, Ks, no labtops

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Hills Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Flint Hills Resources with

Learn about Flint Hills Resources in Wichita, KS

• Flint Hills Resources
  • Wichita, KS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?