Flint Restaurant Employee Reviews

Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2018
Good team work
Good employees
Busy restaurant
Ability to make a decent income
HR is available most of the time
CEO comes down to speak with employees as often as he can.
Challenging work environment, odd hours.
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2016
Working at Flint presented a challenge for me in multiple ways. It is a restaurant that is owned by a major oil company located in downtown Oklahoma City. Because of that, Flint was able to offer better hourly compensation and benefits than any other restaurant that I am aware of. Even still, the bulk of my income was still primarily derived from gratuities. Flint was a full- service restaurant. This meant that it opened at 6 am and closed at midnight. There were times when I was scheduled to work back-to-back shifts that ended at closing and began when the restaurant opened. This made for a terrible work- life balance at times. To further exacerbate this, the money wasn't consistent, and the management was ill equipped for the job at times. Dealing with a very inconsistent schedule and spotty management was probably the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job at Flint was being able to meet and learn from people from all over the world. (The company that owned the restaurant frequently referred us to their business guests.)
Pros
Benefits from being owned by a wealthy corporation
Cons
work/life balance, management, compensation.
I like Flint
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed working for Flint. The environment and team were great. It was a great location and a great price for the food. The executive chef prepared excellent meals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flint Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3