FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 1, 2018
It provides an excellent work environment. Able to learn new things and process at the work place. Overall the management is interactive and excellent.
Great
Accounting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2018
Great company to work for.

Great people, great mentor-ship. The companies growing focus to dominate the thermal and nigh-vision imaging arena is great.
Great Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2018
This company was fun as it was an international company and you learned so much from so many different cultures. Everyone one was hard working but got along great.
productive workplace
Distribution Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 1, 2018
This is a really good company that doesn't treat it's employees well in terms of job growth. Typical desk job. Management is good at lower levels. Hardest part of the job is working on a team with people not doing their share.
Laid back environment with no advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MA 01862August 30, 2018
0 chance of advancement people would rather not train you on their job just for job security. Fellow employees look out for themselves and seems like you have to suck up to the boss just to be on their good side. Other than that it’s a good easy place to work if you like to settle for what you have and there is no micro management or and they work with you with time you would like to come in or make up. Also they match 50% 401k which is the best part.
Pros
Cafe, 401k, events, not stressful environment
Cons
Lack of advancement, culture, very cheap bon
Flir is a good company to work for the benefit is good.
Optical Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 24, 2018
Flir is a good company to work for the benefit is good. Very good environment the people is are very friendly and out going. We help each other to succeed in our goal and always lending hand in area that is need assisntant.
great group of diverse staff to work with
Administrative Coordinator (contractual) (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDJuly 16, 2018
In the department I worked in was relaxed however, my immediate supervisor was working a tasked newly assigned to her and she blamed everyone for her lack of knowledge of the job. She was not organized and her expectations were unrealistic.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Mixed messages from managrmrnt in the NH and higher up management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 10, 2018
Work is very stressful. The lack of consideration for the employees from HR and management is disgusting. They throw that transparency word around like its gold yet management and HR dont follow through and send mixed messages.
Benefits are great!
Benefits
Cons
Management and HR. disappointing that you cant trust them
Great Products
Corporate Planning Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 17, 2018
After I left, a new management team came in and I hear it is better. When I was there, expectations were unrealistic and had poor management. Speaking with HR was worthless.
Great Technology
STRATEGIC CHANNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMay 14, 2018
Fun to sell and drive new product development.
Always trying to maximize share holder and company goals with Distributors in mind. FLIR works to solve problems that exist but that many have decided not to solve.
Flir is a generally good place to work.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 11, 2018
Flir is a generally good place to work. As long as one kept busy one wasn't hassled by supervisors. They were good about letting one use paid time off at any time and for any reason. The pay and benefits were comparable to similar companies in the area.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 23, 2018
Typical work day was very laid-back.

The most important thing I learned was continuous Improvement Kaizen.

Management ran the company very well.

Workplace culture was amazing.

Hardest thing about my job was meeting deadlines.

Most enjoyable part of my job was laid-back environment.
Work experience
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJApril 19, 2018
Great joy to work at Flir. Everyone is supportive and managers only want you to succeed. Managers are transparent. Information is shared among all peers.
Thermal imaging Infrared Telescopic Systems
Electro-Optical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAApril 10, 2018
Flir was a great place to work. there was plenty of challenge and advancement. Great hours, with a comparable benefits package, makes for a company that one could be happy to work for
Pros
Challengin, room for advancement, and great hours
Good environment and great people.
QC Inspector and Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 4, 2018
FLIR Stillwater has a great working environment. A great team, extremely focused and hard working. Goal oriented and a good foundation. Honored to make products that help save lives and livelihoods.
Productive and fun work place
Interpreter/Translator & training manager (Former Employee) –  Middle EastMarch 31, 2018
I like to work for Flir and got release letter for redandancy exercise. They regret and called me a week later asking for my services. There is no professionalism
Wonderful comapny
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MAMarch 23, 2018
FLIR is an awesome Company. Great people, great technology and great partners. Cutting edge. Also a Government contractor. Based in OR with a nice facility in NH and MA.
A good company to work for.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 2, 2018
I was very happy doing my job. I like the people who work there. I was very busy with working in Payables and also working in Receiveables. I enjoyed my position with the company and also doing the sales people their expense reports.
Pros
Mainly being my own boss.
Cons
Didn't like to travel in the winter time.
Exciting experience at Mid-Cap company's HQ
Hardware Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 16, 2018
FLIR is a large company that has a tight knit community of bright individuals always willing to work together. Being one of the younger employees, I never felt left out or ignored by any co-worker or manager. Instead, FLIR gave me proper training that enabled me to maximize my productivity.
Fast paced and cut throat
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Knowing the programs they use is helpful to include learning new software quick keeps you there. Always be on your toes because this company likes blowing smoke and really doesn't protect there low level employees
Pros
Free bagels once a month
Cons
You never know the truth