Flix Brewhouse Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working at Flix
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmel indianaAugust 9, 2018
The managers are the downfall of this place. They treat employees HORRIBLY. They say whatever they want to them and there have been occasions where they ask you to work for free and refuse to give you compensation. Managers cuss at you and belittle you. They play favorites. They expect a lot out of you even though they constantly tear you down. The turn over rate is pretty bad. They need to get rid of 90% of their management team to even attempt making it a better place to work. It’s super toxic. A lot of gossiping... even managers get involved in. It’s pretty gross. Everyone I know that still works there wants to quit or got another job to transition to leaving. Management is too stubborn to listen to ideas other than their own. Half of the people they choose to be trainers have 0 people skills and get by because they recite some scripted BS greeting. They don’t know how to be a real server. It’s all just bad. Can’t say I know one person who still works there that genuinely enjoys their job.
Cons
No breaks, no pay, huge tip out, long hours, dealing with bad managers, etc.
Productive, caring employer.
Runner (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 3, 2018
Typically the mornings are slow and pick up a little on weekday afternoons, the weekend, however, is when it gets really busy. I'd say that the managers there are some of the best I've ever had the pleasure in working with, they care about their employees and want to see them succeed. The culture here is like any you'd expect in a restaurant/customer service environment, relaxed, everyone gets along and are a tight group. The hardest part about working here is learning the alcohol made in house by sight. The most enjoyable part is getting to meet and interact with new people.
Pros
Food Items dicounted
Cons
Odd work week
Great people to work with, bad management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2018
I loved working at flix, the pay was great and most of the managers were amazing and fair. The people I was working with became lifelong friends, but one managers particular management style made it impossible for me to work there.
Pros
Great money.
Cons
Manager will hold a childish grudge.
Brewery and Movie Theater... what's not to like?
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 13, 2018
I spilled three plates of mac and cheese all over myself. It was the worst pain I had ever been in. There are no more words I have for this except for the fact that I enjoyed spending time with my friends and the job culture was great.
nice
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN 46032June 3, 2018
The hardest part about this job is when the newest movies come out and people buy out the theater it's rush time. Screen never stop buzzing with orders and when you put something in the window the runners grab stuff and mes up the flow. You get frustrated with the yelling, because they think you messed up the order or someone grabbed it not paying attention. You have to stop what your doing and go find the ticket and remake the order. I learned a lot working at this job, the consistency of making sure your ready with everything you need to perform your duty. Communication, big big on communication. Even though I was but wasn't to it's fullest potential. As lastly sleep, you gone need it.
Great people, great company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 4, 2018
Not many bad apples in this company. Great time and people. Exciting atmosphere in the Craft Beer in the cinema dining world. 50-60 hrs a week, and all major holidays.
Pros
Free movies, free beer
Cons
Bonuses get pulled back regularly, Expect about 50% of all bonuses being cancelled, Do not ever quit before recieving a check though.
Productive and nice place to work with long hours.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 2, 2018
Typical day at work was very long but worth it. Helping customers was easy and staff is very nice. Managers were never too harsh and were very helpful.
Good job for students/second job
Box Office Host (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2018
Fast paced and almost always busy. Lots of opportunity to move positions/work up in the company. Supportive and understanding managers, but when they want things done they mean it. Very team oriented, like a second family. Opportunities for raises and insurance benefits. Always hours to work/pick up.
Pros
Food discounts, free movies, great team members
Cons
sometimes no breaks, sometimes understaffed, very busy on weekends
Family like environment
Runner Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2018
Coworkers were always really kind and management would.... usually listen. Some days could be a little stressful when it was super busy, but we work as a team to keep everyone's moral up. Sometimes we would get pizza ordered for us for out hard work.
You're always encouraged to improve yourself and move up to better positions.
Pros
Free shifty beer, free meal (kitchen only), free movies, team member events
Cons
May not get a break, hours can be bad for some but good for others
Quick-paced, at least 35 employees working at all times
Server / Trainer / Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 8, 2018
Unless you have strict availabilty, you should expect to work about 10 hours daily. Management changes every couple years in my experience. The idea behind Flix Brewhouse is awesome, you've got craft beer brewing on-site, movies to watch and a wide variety menu. Can be slow and quick paced.
Pros
Free movies with rules
Cons
Servers only get breaks if there is a chance

Want to know more about Flix Brewhouse?

Ask a question
Only stay for the busy season
Server (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 19, 2018
Flix is a great idea for a company but forgets to take their employees into consideration. Almost every employee is over worked and underpaid. The management picks favorites and you will get fired very easily if you are not a favorite. The servers are paid a whoping 2.15 an hour and the only source of income is how much the guests order, which could be nothing. Overall it's not a horrible place to work (that's if you don't mind spending 12 hours a day there) the Money can be good if your a favorite or a really big movie comes out. Other than that, don't waste your time applying here.
Pros
1 free beer after your shift, chirstmas party, coworkers to share your pain
Cons
Management, food, wage, hours, favoritism
I miss working here
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Flix Brewhouse is an amazing place to work! It's extremely fast paced and challenging, but also rewarding. The Management are also good at taking care of their staff, as long as you put in the work and meet company standards on a day to day basis. All in all, I would definitely work there again in a heart beat.
Flix Brewhouse
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 28, 2018
Would never work there again nor recommend it to anyone. Complete waste of time. The management was trash, never reliable for any help for anything. Don't bother.
Great staff at a high speed environment
Trainer, Expo, Pizza line, and Runner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 23, 2018
Flix Brewhouse has a interesting history and good design. Combining three element into one restaurant: dining, movies, and a brewery. Employees there learn how to keep up the pace.
Family like environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Flix was a great place to work. I met a lot of new people and made a lot of friends. It was a family like environment where everyone helped each other out a lot and hung out outside of work. The managers were awesome and understanding of life circumstances, yet they were firm when they had to be. There were a couple of things I didn't like about Flix. One was the long hours and no breaks. If you were a server, a lot of the time you would have to find little times to eat, which was hardly ever. Some of the servers also like to talk more than work, so sometimes you will have to do a lot on your own. This is a place were a lot of teens come to work, so be prepared for teen work ethic. It's also very difficult to get anyone to cover your shift. Servers would have to bribe money a lot of the time in order to get shifts covered. Overall though, I thought it was a good place to work. I made a decent amount of money here and met a lot of great people.
Pros
friendly environment, good money, a lot of hours, good managers
Cons
no breaks, hard to get shifts covered, teen work ethic
low paid for hard work
Runner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2017
Was a very good experience, very fast pace. Was a lot of work for not much money. Runners only got $4.50 plus part of the tips from severs which for the amount of work runners did wasn't much.
Great Environment with amazing culture!
Server Trainer/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 29, 2017
Flix Brewhouse is a very fun environment that can be incredibly fast paced (star wars season) but that lends to a strong team environment. I have never worked for a company where I felt such a loyalty to the team and essentially the family that we have. We take care of each other and support each other in the good and easy times and the challenging moments. I have had the opportunity to come in and learn a vast amount about customer service, operations, beer and culture. We engage in many activities that keep us functioning well as a team, including company gatherings and volunteer opportunities. Our management team is pretty open to hearing the ideas of the team and then looking to support us. Some days can be slow, but this really gives you the opportunity to fine tune some of your skills. I would say that serving for flix brewhouse is different that other serving jobs but it is also very fast paced!
Pros
Free Shift Beer, Free Movies, Discount on Food, Heathcare, Great Family Friendly Culture
Cons
Long Shifts, Erratic Break Schedules, Sometimes High Stress
Fun Place to Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 10, 2017
Flix definitely is the most fun place I've ever worked. I have lots of friends at work, and it's fun that we all get to see free movies together. Busy times are busier than any other place I've ever been, and it isn't for everyone, but it does make for a close knit work environment. Everyone can sign up for 401K matching and insurance, but the part-time insurance isn't as good as the full-time insurance. Slow times when there aren't any good movies out can be painfully so, and you have to budget or have a second job.
Next year they are basically doubling in size as a company so lots of people are getting promoted or have the opportunity to be promoted to managers and trainers.
Pros
Free Movies. Free food. Discounts. Early Showings. Good money when it's busy.
Cons
Long hours. Slow times you don't make much money.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2017
Un dia de trabajo comun seria preparar las rectas, mantener la cocina limpia.
La parte mas dificil del trabajo muchas veces era lidiar con personas que no sabian nada acerca de la preparacion y nos hacian retrasar en el trabajo
Pros
seguro medico
Flix
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 25, 2017
I love my job, however i can maintain more than one so im searching for one more! I am a single mother of two children needing more income due to the upcoming holidays! I enjoy workimg as a server. Its easy and pretty much what i do on the daily. I clean and take care of my loving people everyday, its actual what i want to invest my life in!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks