Floor and Decor Employee Reviews

Only real plus is there is a gym
Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, GAJuly 18, 2018
Typical workday is very face pace. I learned how to do many different jobs while employed. Management truly needs to get better. To many people in leadership positions that do not know how to lead or how to do the job itself. Moral is very low because of management and the bad choices made by management. The hardest part about the job is being able to stay motivated.
Pros
gym
Cons
short breaks, expensive benefits
enjoyed working with the overnite crew
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 17, 2018
worked overnight shift. full time employment. limited benefits, paid sick days and holidays. employees were very friendly. worked with a crew of four. unloaded trucks, stocked sales floor, pulled customer orders, operated sit downs and reach trucks.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
working overnite
No communication, low pay, few employees
Deco Associate (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
nobody communicates with one another,
nobody helps in any one's project if is not told to do so,
if "is not my job", nobody offers/volunteer to do anything
Pros
supervisors are very active, friendly, knowledgeable and comprehensive
Cons
50% of employees don't do their job right, 20% don't care about security issues and 30% left care, do the job right but get tired too quickly for having to do everybody's job for the same low amount.
could be better but need to make changes.
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2018
would have been bearable if the manager did drive away most of the staff and corporate wouldn't do anything about it. Co workers were awesome and dept managers were mostly great but everyone was afraid of the store manager who treated everyone terribly. Only promoted her friends. Promised me asst manager for 6 months and never came through. Then couldn't understand why I was unhappy there. She is a very poor leader. No one would stand up to her. Money is terrible but it is most everywhere. Since min wage increased they need to increase too. Why work such hard physical labor for same money as working food service? Very hard physical labor for so little money. turnover is atrocious because of that.
Routine Work Day
Overnight Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
My days were routine but they varied because of the workload on a daily basis and problems with D.C. deliveries. I worked overnight as a Receiving Supervisor and there was a high turnover for the associates I was in charge of so I was responsible for getting a majority of the work done on my own.
Pros
Problems with poor management
Cons
Hours worked.
Stable Work Environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 11, 2018
Was busy but rarely difficult to keep up. Could quickly figure out most important areas to focus on depending on department. The management was friendly and competent.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Often Understaffed
Dependent on departments
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 10, 2018
Depending on your department and department manager is how satisfied you are with your job. There are some very strong personalities and attitudes that dictate whether your included or not. The requirements are different depending on your manager. It's a great store to shop in and can be fun to work there. But corporate attitudes and very heavy lifting and endurance can make even the good ones leave for lack of appreciation and not enough man power to help maintain standards.
Pros
They have times that free lunch is provided.
Cons
Not enough help to meet the standards, and lifting needed to do the job right, Higher up's can be undermining and can be very critical.
Great company
Pro Service Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 7, 2018
Great company. There is plenty of room for growth. Many different positions and with new stores opening there will be many managerial positions for the taking.
fun work place great experience
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 6, 2018
you work a little everywhere. its customer service and design. you learn a lot. loved the employees and asms. very helpful and caring. not to flexible with schedule
Pros
nice people
Cons
no set schedule
Was once great, management has failed the employees of this company.
Pro Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
This was an amazing place to work... once. Management has failed the employees of an amazing company. No work responsibility. Un fair advancements. People being promoted to placate unhappy employees resulting in untrained and unqualified managers. Too often the stronger had to pick up the slack and were not fairly compensated for their dedication in time and professionalism to this company.
Pros
Experience, benefits.
Cons
Management is more stressful than the job. Unequal pay and advancement.
Fun coworkers and interesting customers
Deco Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 1, 2018
Every day its something new. The customers are fun, the coworkers have good attitudes for the most part. Management could be better. Some managers care more than others about their employees.
Nice training
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
It's a nice work out and a place to relax with no mangers in your face all night you work with tile and grout everything for flooring you are lifting heavy stuff all night
Horrible management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
As soon as I walked through the door, three employees told me I should quit. That was a HUGE indicator of how much these people really do not have management skills. I come from a management position myself and was using this as a temporary summer job. Definitely not worth my time. The job would not have been bad if I hadn't been yelled at or made to do work that I was impartially trained on within the first week. This is not a job that one can do by themselves and I was consistently asked to do a two-man job alone. Co-workers were jealous that I was getting three dollars more than them starting out which also showed it not to be a respectable and fair job. Management admitted their employment issue of not being able to keep people and I should have took that as a sign to leave that place ASAP. I initially left after a manager argued with me in front of coworkers. Unprofessional and disrespectful. The treatment of the employees is awful and almost everyone was trying to quit that place. DO NOT WORK HERE if you like decent pay, decent hours, or to be treated as a decent human being.
Cons
Good people, poor everyday management
Receiving (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 26, 2018
Floor and Decor is a wonderful place to work. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. There is a double standard between management and associates. As there is usually with a retail job. Customers will always be the worst part of a retail job, but the people at Floor and Decor deal with them in stride.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Thankless physical work from upper management.
New projects everyday
Designer, Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 21, 2018
I love working retail in this location because you get to meet with so many different types of customers. Each project is new and fresh. I can always come up with new designs for each customer because of the large selection of products.
Daily work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 21, 2018
Typical day in the warehouse: under staffed which caused issues when trying to deliver customers product. Constantly pulling sales associates off sales floor to help in warehouse.

Very poor management.
Easy- going tough and gritty
Overnight Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 21, 2018
The work gets done really fast as long as you're continually working. The management is really nice and makes work fun but still tough work. There is always stuff to do and it will get you really dirty.
Pros
good people
Cons
short breaks, low pay
work very hard for little benefit
Operations & Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 20, 2018
work very hard with poor leadership. too many projects going on at once. promotion of those who do the least. poor management strategy and leadership.
Low pay, High turn over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2018
This company pays poorly for the back breaking work it requires. On top of the low pay, it staffs poorly (always measuring the labor hours) and so it has a huge turn over rate. As a result, the management team is most often doing the work that should be for the store staff such as; cashiering and sales.. this practice keeps them from managing the store business in a proactive way such as hiring and training and so they are caught in a vicious cycle. This does not pertain to a particular location, this is typical of how all stores in the company operate.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay, limited full time hiring
i loved that job but somtime not the ways
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 18, 2018
floor and decor I drive forklifts at the end. where i originally wanted to go but I started off selling tile didn't get paid enough for what I did ... i feel like '! still to this day i was the best at all time ,at wat i did
pulling orders too
Pros
love the job one of best
Cons
People just try to get over you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floor and Decor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight