Floors For Living Employee Reviews

Great place to learn strong selling techniques
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2019
If you are driven to learn how to sell and want to follow strong sales techniques laid out by the company it will be a wonderful place. Wanting to work with the client and willing to help them find what they are truly looking for is a must.
Pros
Make the money you want to make
Cons
Regional management sending mix messages that do not align with the core culture of the company.
great job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 5, 2018
Great job! high commission and not ripping people off. constant training to make you a better salesman. Full benefits and 401k. the owner is a beast !!
Pros
free lunch if your team sells 50k a week
Cons
%100 percent commision
Garbage
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Cut Throat sales managed by incompetent, uneducated, unprofessional used car sales man. Selling overpriced flooring to customers who can buy it for less and hire same installers who hang out at the back of the warehouse like they do by the HomeDepot.
Up and downs
SALES MANAGER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
The are many ups and downs with this company. Job security is always an issue. The job itself is good but many moving part that make it hard to satisfy the customers as well as you want to.
Long Slow Hours
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2018
Only for those used to Commission only based income. Ups and downs, feast or famine. Communication between sales and installation not consistent. Health care is very good.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Not Good Money
Horrible waste of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  westheimer/gessnerMarch 5, 2018
The job was stressful because of management and tons of paper work. The sales were very few and when you thought you had a commission check coming they would find a way to charge you money instead of pay you money. They added false cost to jobs . You get paid on a sliding scale of profit margins. Because of the false installation cost there was no profit, therefore no commission. I would never suggest working for this company.
Pros
Cons
No pay
very systematic approach to sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
They have their program very specific and targeted. An easy to follow pattern. They have one of the best selections for the industry, thus giving you a better opportunity to succeed
Fast Growing Company
Store Manager/Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Fast Growing Company. High earnings potential. Flexible Hours. Fast paced. in-store sales and in-home consultations. Comparable prices to the competition.
Always excited to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
the best about havig a job is meating others and being able to help others .I learned on my own how to operate a sit down propane forklift and how to run a small warehouse .
Slow business
Sales associate and assistant manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonDecember 11, 2013
Typically I would arrive at work at 10am and leave around 5pm. Usually I wouldnt ever see my manager or any customers. Most days I would just sit at my desk and study unless I needed to clean the store. It was hard to get a good grip on my responsibilities due to me usually not seeing my manager.
Pros
Lots of time to apply for other jobs
Cons
Bad management, Slow business, Terrible compensation.
Great workplace
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work was doing installer's schedule, balancing daily deposits, receiving new products, confirming with customer's next day floor installation, making sure all the material for the next day installation was received, trained salespersons with our system, new hire paperwork, accounts payable, etc.
I learned everything with the floor installation business and I love it!
My office manager its a great supervisor. She is a great teacher and person to be around. All the knowleadge I obtainted while working there was thanks to her.
Our office had great co-workers... We learned from each other and if we needed help we knew we will find it.
The harded part of the job was learning all the products for the floor installation. But thanks to my co-workers I learned what it was necessary for a floor installation.
The most enjoyed part of the job was the environment and helping the salespersons.
Pros
free healthcare in the first months of work.
Cons
no vacations or personal days and no room for advacement.