Florida Autism Center Employee Reviews

Great work culture
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLMarch 26, 2019
My time at FAC was very positive and rewarding. The days can be stressful because you are handling children with disabilities; but I always found that there was someone there to help guide me when things became too much. It's also nice to feel as though your coworkers have your back. It's not an easy job everyday, but it is one that can be super rewarding.
Pros
time off, good work environment, organized, awesome work culture
Cons
no breaks, stressful days
A fine place to start
Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 15, 2019
When I started I truly loved working for this company. As time has went on it is clear the longer you stay with the company the less they value you as an employee. People starting out make more than those who have worked for the company for over 2 years. In this field money is not everything. But it’s degrading to see that those who consistently come to work, care about the clients, and work hard are valued less than those who have just started. They also are not consistent with their practices and methods. Some centers do this, others do that. Although flexibility is nice, there should be some consistency especially in this field. Finally there is a disconnect from corporate and the actual clients. Corporate expectations are high with little support and follow through for staff. It seems like they only care about the money which is unfortunate. I loved working here when I started but it really ended up disappointing me overall. I guess if you are looking to work somewhere for 6 months to a year for experience this is a good place to start. I would not reccommend long term.
Pros
Clients are fantastic, some BCBAs are very supportive
Cons
Long days, no breaks or lunches, low wages, little chances for raises, limited opportunties for professional development, inconsistent, poor management
stressful
Registered Behavioral Therapist Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2019
if kids call out sick dont expect to get paid those hours. if you are scheduled a break their is not guarantee you will get it. If you are scheduled to leave at four do expect them to put in a client and you then would stay until 6. expect to work 4-7 hours straight with no breaks.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, low pay, 25 cent yearly raises, unstable hours.
Productive, fun, learning environment
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2019
Fun place to work, management is very supportive and you learn a great deal of information while working about ABA. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing client's treatment plans help decease their problem behaviors
Co-workers are great the pay and hours, not so much
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Working with kids as an RBT is great. The co-workers are friendly and will help you if you need it. The hours vary week to week, they say full time hours when you get hired, but you are lucky to even get 30 hours a week. If a client calls out, you are out of those hours and do not get paid for them.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Lack of hours, no breaks
Good for Student Analysts and BCBA
Admin (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 3, 2018
If you are paired with the right people it could be great, upper mamangement only values certain people and you can be personally attcked and singled out.
Pros
Great people who come in with clear view. People who could care but spread too thin.
Cons
No support, no guidance, allowed to be treated poorly
Best Place to Work
RBT (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2018
Awesome place to work! If you are looking to start in ABA this is the best place to start. There are lots of opportunities for growth throughout the company. FAC wants their staff to grow professionally and will help as much as they can.
Pros
Management, training, professional development
Cons
N/a
Benefits
RBT (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2018
If you want to get your foot into the door as a Registered Behavior Therapist, this is the place. This company offers paid training, and exam, BENEFITS (health, vision, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement), W-2 not 1099, it is a corporate COMPLIANT organization, stability, credentialing, a university practicum. This company cares about it's employees. They have brand new state of the art facilities all across the state and even in Georgia now. The company is very supportive and really focuses on the education of each employee. This is a great company to work for. You must know what it means to work in ABA and understand that working with autistic children can be difficult at times but extremely rewarding. Management does everything they can to ensure all employees have the hours they need. The RBT position a is a great entry level position into the ABA field. If you are looking for a legitimate company to work for in the ABA field, this is it.
Pros
Benefits and employee incentives
FAC offers great starting pay and benefits
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  OcalaNovember 25, 2018
The atmosphere at my location is a breath of fresh air compared to my last employer. Employers and coworkers are always there to help when it's needed. FAC wants you to advance with them.
Fun position and also rewarding
RBT (Current Employee) –  Port saint LucieOctober 19, 2018
I really love what I do at FAC. The kids are amazing and so is our team - including our manager. She really takes the time to point out what you're strengths are and trains you in areas of need. It's extremely intrinsically rewarding as you see the children growing and learning every day and the parents whose gratitude is shown. I can't say enough positive about my co workers who are fun, helpful and just as charismatic. There is no drama in our center and we all jive well.
Pros
The passion our team shares, the kids, one on one, supervisors
Cons
The pay could be higher for what we do I feel should be closer to 40k or 50k a year
Great family vibes
RBT (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 19, 2018
A great place to work with a wonderful, close knit group of people. Everyone here gives 110% each day to make life for these kids better and is always willing to lend a helping hand to each other. The director is fantastic and very knowledgeable in the field. Her door is always open and she is always there to answering questions and pop in for a demonstration!

If you like working in a place that feels like a second home, this is the job for you!
Pros
never boring, great people, awesome management, great benefits
Cons
schedules can change a lot
Good Place
Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2018
Provided administrative to support to a clinically based facility at a management level, this included employee relations, scheduling, and billing for insurance company’s.
Beware
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 8, 2018
Long hours with no breaks. Rude coworkers and managers. Lack of organization and respect. I didn't pay attention to the other reviews on here but they were right. Low pay, starting should be 17-18 dollars an hour for this position.
Cons
long hours and no breaks, low pay
Fun but stressful
Line Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 6, 2018
Its a great feeling to help the kids accomplish so many goals however the burn out can be quick with all the bad behaviors you have to deal with. The hours are also long and most of the time you don't get a day off during the week or a break.
Great job for those just starting with ABA - LBV
RBT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2018
I had a great first impression of the company and quickly fell in love with the work. I started off super eager to take on additional responsibilities and do as much overtime as possible since there were plenty of hours to be worked. However, as the days went on, some of the people I worked with became more and more difficult to work alongside. Management was the worst part of the job. The management team usually had a criticism for every action I committed. I quickly felt like I wasn’t learning anything of value related to ABA. Rather, I was micromanaged about how eloquent I should be towards a coworker or how I need to make sure materials are organized that I just left behind to come back to. After nearly 2 months I now feel defeated by the end of each day. I was reminded by a coworker who is also seeking to get out that it is like walking around eggshells when working here. The only positive I got from this is that I did become RBT certified fairly quickly.
Pros
Lots of overtime, the clients are unique and offer great teaching opportunities
Cons
MANAGEMENT!!! unhealthy work culture
Terrible place for employees
RBT (Former Employee) –  Central FloridaJuly 23, 2018
It was not a professional environment and everyone always feels like they are walking on egg shells. HR is a joke, certain ABA protocols I did not feel comfortable running. For example, my programmer had written a potty training program and eventually a child will start to transition from 5 mins, 15mins, and so on off the potty with 3 min sits. But my programmer insisted that we only take a child to the bathroom if they requested but I found that these children did not understand to request to go potty at the time. So if the therapist(s) before me never took the kid to the bathroom because they did not request to go. These kids would not go to the restroom all day until they peed themselves or before they went home. Which they were there from 9-5. I was afraid to even report this due to being afraid of losing my job. If you are different, you are singled out and ignored. When you try to engage you are ignored. I can’t even say it was high school level of drama more so middle school drama. This place is a great idea but the CEOs and everyone else needs to work on there current centers, instead of continuing to expand. Be very cautious of this place. It will take a great individual and destroy them.
Pros
Lunch- just kidding you don’t have one
Cons
Training, unprofessional co workers, mistreatment, positive reinforcement doesn’t exist for you
Great atmosphere but inconsistent hours
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 20, 2018
I love the people that I work with and the BCBA at my center. Everyone is very supportive and there is a strong collaborative atmosphere. I consider my coworkers and my superiors like a seconds family, everyone wants everyone to succeed. My only issue with it is that when a client cancels, we are penalized and lose money from it. There are only 10 hours of "admin tasks" that can be used a week, not everyone who had a client that canceled that day would receive compensation.
Pros
Superiors want to see you succeed, pay for education, benefits are phenomenal, supportive work environment
Cons
don't always get paid when a client cancels, inconsistent hours
Proceed with Caution
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 17, 2018
Management ideas and personnel are constantly changing. Staff is here one day and gone the next. Not a stable environment. Think long and hard before accepting a position here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Provided effective treatment to children with autism
Intern/shadow at the Autism Center (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2018
A typical day for me would include helping out with activities or assisting the therapists during therapy exercises for the children. I enjoyed working in this work place because everyone was very friendly and respectful of each other. I liked how all of my co-workers worked together collaboratively to develop the best treatment plan for the child. Even though it was hard to be around some children because they were higher on the spectrum than others, I still found it beneficial to get experience in the field and see what types of children I could potentially be working with in my future career.
Pros
Friendly staff, good experience
Cons
Could have been a little more organized
Great Place to Gather Experience and Grow Professionally
Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 4, 2018
Florida Autism Center is a great place to gain experience with the support of supervisors at a good pace. Your development in the company and the field will depend on your motivation and involvement. There are different opportunities for career development. Salary is not necessarily competitive, and benefits are not necessarily the best. However, the work environment is very friendly and cohesive, which makes difficult days a lot more easy-going. It's a great place to grow
Pros
Friendly Environment, Supervision and Support, Career Development Opportunities, Pto, Clinic-Based
Cons
Average Pay, Average Benefits, Very Fixed Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Autism Center. Our community is ready to answer.