Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)
74Above average

Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) Employee Reviews

United States1,014 reviews
Found 1,014 reviews matching the search
I love my work and everything is great and people are very encouraging and i enjoy every single day i work here.I have gained so much
Work from home. HR is a joke & training is unprofessional time mostly spent w/idle talk. System issues. Too many issues. Management does not listen & do not assist the employees. They suck
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Management sucks
I worked for the company for 10 years; for 8 years I was happy working there and the last 2 years the company changed and started micro-managing it’s employees
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Micro-management
The culture of the company. It’s about building a brand. It begins from security when you enter the gates to management to the people, they make you feel welcomed.
Work itself was satisfying , however management, especially upper management was horrifying. It was extremely hard for me to advance.
Employee appreciation was sadly lacking.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Is a wonderful place to work very professional. Exceptional training. Necessary overtime. Meetings that allows everyone to speak on keeping the work place great, and how to make it even more spectacular
The "good ol boy" is a problem in every company. Florida blue is no different. You'll probably be the smartest in the room. Depending on what department you work in, you'll be surrounded by people who see the world through bias and ignorance.
No one is motivated to try new techniques, no one does research and most are very complacent.

Look for a company that values progress and independent thought.

The pay is below average, processes are ad hoc. If you're lucky, you'll get with a team that knows what they're doing.
It is fun place to work, depending on the project, manager and division job security may vary! If the product is working good with the business then the product will be funded.
This company was so nice and respectful. They always had everything clean so it wasn’t that hard for me to finish the cleaning work. I had to go every night and I was able to decide my scg
Excellent company good benefits great schedules. Benefits are okay. Managers are good but a bit stress at times due to call volumes. Lots of potlucks and bring your child to work day.
I have been an bcbs for 3 years and plan to stay for at least a decade. There is great work/life flexibility. They really care about keeping employees happy and engaged.
Everyone was relaxed, but helpful. I've learned so much in such a short amount of time. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things daily and being a part of great team.
Great atmosphere with awesome people to work for and work with. Their self-development is top notch and supervisors and managers are always available to assist with any questions you may have.
Though I loved my job, I was overworked and under appreciated.
Only 2 other people were familiar with my job since they previously performed same job, therefore answers to my questions were challenging.

Long hours, usually 10-12 hours a day. I ended up averaging 3 weeks PTO since there never was a good time to take days off.

Asked management for data entry assistance, however it took many months before they finally assigned a clerk to help me.

Company's healthcare policies were overpriced and coverage was not great, which is ironic since I was an employee of a health insurance company.

My division did not participate with the workplace culture nor activities
Pros
Regular bonus and raises. Employee appreciation credits
Cons
Hard to find reliable source for questions or information
Managers would talk about other employees within earshot of others. They new of bullying and verbal abuse from senior staff, and did nothing to correct.
Managers and staff have excellent knowledge and are great to work Employees are given opportunity to participate in classes to advance their career. Highly recommended to work here.
They will lay off without advising, the time to prepare you is a week, with no remorse and doesn’t matter how good and how much you worked, you will be laid off.
My work experience with my peers was very professional and time managed. I made sure my work was done thoroughly. If I had any questions they were always answered. The work was easy and consistent. I enjoyed my time working there until I went off to college.
Pros
Great hours and salary
Cons
Just your run of the mill large corporate office setting. Cubes were nice and large enough to feel like your own space. Management really seemed to care about you, at least in my department. OEP is nuts, but so is every department during Open Enrollment that touches the insurance industry.
If you want to get ahead you must network and get to know the right people. If you don’t get to know the right people you become stuck in the same position forever.
One of the striking aspects of the Florida Blue environment is the high number of people who have remained in its employ for most of their adult lives. Not only they, but their children and, sometimes, grandchildren have found a home at Florida Blue and have been able to build rich, satisfying lives over their years of service there, securing a good future for themselves and their families. I am personally grateful for the time I've been there and the fair, considerate treatment I receive from those leaders to this day. It's just a great place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida). Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight