Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)

Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) Employee Reviews

Member Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLDecember 11, 2018
good place to work they are flexible with schedule and understanding with time management , I would recommend this company to anyone you is looking for longevity
Summay
Product Manager, Clinical Information Exchange (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2018
Florida Blue has a great local presence and is positive in the community. It is an evolving company with diverse product offerings and competitive compensation package.
Flirida Blue
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 3, 2018
Great place to work. Good money! Commission only. Weekend off. Monday- Friday 8-5. Telephone sales, in person sales, and business to business. You are your own boss.
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Captive
Enjoyable environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 7, 2018
The culture at Florida Blue is amazingly up beat. From the moment you step inside and begin training until the moment you hit the production floor and start assisting customers. I love the energy of the agents and the supervisors combined in Florida Blue.
Workplace enviorment
Service Advocate 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2018
One thing that stood out most is the team work environment that Florida Blue management provides, this made it easier for me to get comfortable. Shifts were easy going and call volumes ranged from high to low different times of the day. I learned to successfully enroll clients into new Medicare policies.
Pros
Relaxed envorment, Proper training
Cons
Temporary experience
Bcbs
Accounting Specialist IIIa (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2018
I learned a lot at this company.. However I have been given multiple positions over two years which I believe didn't give me the tools for success. I wish the best for the company and my group.
it was a great job i learned a lot i didnt no before i arrived
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2018
Never a dull moment great co workers a productive work envoriment great hours my experience with this campain was great hardest part was learning not to take everything callers said personally
exelente compañia
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
excelente compañía que te permite crecer de la mano de los mejores profesionales en el mercado de ventas
Running in a wheel
Member Services Expert (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 27, 2018
If you are looking to run in a wheel that takes you nowhere look no further than Florida Blue . When you hire on at F.B. they tell you about all the wonderful opportunities that will be available for you - telecommuting, job advancement, overtime and excellent health benefits! None of those things will happen; you will always fall short on one of the myriad of unatainable stats which will disqualify you for telecommuting or advancement. It’s not what you know at FB but who you know when it comes to even a lateral change of jobs. And when it comes to health insurance benefits I have a better Florida Blue policy through my spouse’s employer then through Florida Blue and I am a full time employee there. That alone should tell you how well Florida Blue takes care of their own.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Volunteer day, Floating Holiday and Holiday Closure
Cons
Everything else
stressful and hectic
Specialist IIB (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
Florida Blue is a goof company to work for, however, they have the belief that less people get more work done. I recently was out of the office for approx. 2 months and my desk was never cross trained on, of all 21 years I have been here the desk I have always worked has never been cross trained. A lot of things did not get done and a lot of things were done incorrectly. Management knows I will redo what I need to and get things done correctly and caught up but at the same time, that should have never been the issue.

I love what I do, however, I believe it is time to move on and start over with another well known company that is also closer to my house.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with. Management should work better towards having all desk cross trained on, I have learned that I can't take time off or leave for any certain amount of time because nothing will get done correctly on my desk. I have been back for over a month and still...no cross training has begun.
Pros
Cons
work through your lunch, work until you are supposed to leave, then log in from home when you get there.
Great experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
I absolutely loved working . I would love to work for the company again and I would definitely . It was a wonderful experience and to be able to learn insurance without paying out of pocket was so awesome. I retained so much information.
Definite distinction between contractors & Full time employees
Sr IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2018
PM were responsible for the project but no interaction between the developers doing the work, decisions would be made without notification of the PM. No interaction between contractors & full time employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2018
This is a very good Company to work for. I would recognize this Company to a friend to seek Employment. There's room to advances at this Company and to work from home.
Very productive. Fast paced
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
I loved Florida Blue. However there was no employee recognition for going above and beyond. Training could have been better. The pay was fair but not for the work you end up putting in.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Poor communication with leadership
Great Experiance.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Meet and worked with great people. Great experience to learn from other agents and their processes. Plenty of overtime and ok bonuses. Sometimes research was needed to find answers because answers were not always readily available
New changes within FB
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Presently challenging with the new changes. Have wonderful co-workers. Communicate effectively with members, co-workers and supervisor telephonically.
It's work.
Retail Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 30, 2018
Good company, ok environment, high expectations, and consistent pay. Bonuses were great at first but eventually they produced a different scale making it difficult to reach your goal and get the bonus.
Pros
consistent pay
Cons
arrogant coworkers and management
Fun Workplace
Service Advocate Universal Agent/SME (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2018
helping people , learning new lines of business to apply in the daily life. there are many training to keep you up to date with whats going on not only in healthcare but in the world news as well.
Seasonal Employees get very low pay
Universal Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2018
Universal Contact Advocates who work in the MCC dept. and are seasonal get VERY LOW pay. The compensation isn't enough to make living with if you have responsibilities. The company does always try to show appreciation to their employees. The politics for advancement are horrible if you're not placed on the RIGHT manager's team. Mico management at its finest!
Pros
No weekends, benefits
Cons
Pay
Great Company going bad
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 22, 2018
Florida Blue had a great culture. Yet, the retail chain has changed its' culture to one where advancement and opportunity are not based on performance or talent but on the ability to be liked for the wrong reasons.

Many great employees having to answer to inexperienced and overwhelmed low/middle management.

Workplace culture is deteriorating at a pace that affects attendance and customer service.
Pros
Great Health Coverage
Cons
Advancement opportunities are based on nepotism