Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)

Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) Employee Reviews

Great experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
I absolutely loved working . I would love to work for the company again and I would definitely . It was a wonderful experience and to be able to learn insurance without paying out of pocket was so awesome. I retained so much information.
Definite distinction between contractors & Full time employees
Sr IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2018
PM were responsible for the project but no interaction between the developers doing the work, decisions would be made without notification of the PM. No interaction between contractors & full time employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2018
This is a very good Company to work for. I would recognize this Company to a friend to seek Employment. There's room to advances at this Company and to work from home.
Very productive. Fast paced
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
I loved Florida Blue. However there was no employee recognition for going above and beyond. Training could have been better. The pay was fair but not for the work you end up putting in.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Poor communication with leadership
Great Experiance.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Meet and worked with great people. Great experience to learn from other agents and their processes. Plenty of overtime and ok bonuses. Sometimes research was needed to find answers because answers were not always readily available
New changes within FB
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Presently challenging with the new changes. Have wonderful co-workers. Communicate effectively with members, co-workers and supervisor telephonically.
It's work.
Retail Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 30, 2018
Good company, ok environment, high expectations, and consistent pay. Bonuses were great at first but eventually they produced a different scale making it difficult to reach your goal and get the bonus.
Pros
consistent pay
Cons
arrogant coworkers and management
Fun Workplace
Service Advocate Universal Agent/SME (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2018
helping people , learning new lines of business to apply in the daily life. there are many training to keep you up to date with whats going on not only in healthcare but in the world news as well.
Seasonal Employees get very low pay
Universal Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2018
Universal Contact Advocates who work in the MCC dept. and are seasonal get VERY LOW pay. The compensation isn't enough to make living with if you have responsibilities. The company does always try to show appreciation to their employees. The politics for advancement are horrible if you're not placed on the RIGHT manager's team. Mico management at its finest!
Pros
No weekends, benefits
Cons
Pay
Great Company going bad
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 22, 2018
Florida Blue had a great culture. Yet, the retail chain has changed its' culture to one where advancement and opportunity are not based on performance or talent but on the ability to be liked for the wrong reasons.

Many great employees having to answer to inexperienced and overwhelmed low/middle management.

Workplace culture is deteriorating at a pace that affects attendance and customer service.
Pros
Great Health Coverage
Cons
Advancement opportunities are based on nepotism

Want to know more about Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)?

Ask a question
Great place
Service Advocate V - Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work. They offer career advancement. They have a great work life balance. They offer many options to advance or go to another department.
Great Company if your in the right department.
Universal Member Contact Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Overall Florida Blue is a great company to work for in regards to benefits. The position and department is what really drives your experience at the company.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
Admin Support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleAugust 15, 2018
I was let go 1 day before I was to go on STD. Management fail us each and every day. Manager were out for themselves first. Didn't know how to develop us..
n/a
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2018
you were busy from the time you clocked on to moment you left,,
I learned several differ jobs and became very good at them
management was ok
it was a ok to work at
mamagement
my coworker
Pros
pto, bonuses
Cons
upper managerment
Overall great company
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 9, 2018
Great company especially if you are in Jacksonville.The company has grown very fast and is still trying to figure a few basic things out. Lots of outdated processes.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Work life balance suffers
SERVICE ADVOCATE IV (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 7, 2018
Good company and people to work with.
Policies need to be inforced better but over all a great company. Great location. Pay was average but fair with the amount of work
Great company to work for
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for. This was a contract position, I worked remote. We huddle daily to review cases. The Management team was very orgainzed and engaged. This was a great experience
medicare enrollment
Medicare Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
turn on computers and log in to system and wait for calls to come in from medicare eligible enrollees it was in different steps and once the person wanted to enroll then you would walk thru the acutal enrollment sign them up
Pros
great place
Cons
not regular job temp
sometimes cordial
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 3, 2018
overall good.

A typical day: Be on the phone selling, listening and trying to resolve costumers issues/problems.
I retired
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
I retired in December 2015 however, while I worked with Florida Blue, I excelled in my position as an Analyst. Management was very supportive when assistance was needed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Na