Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) Employee Reviews

medicare enrollment
Medicare Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
turn on computers and log in to system and wait for calls to come in from medicare eligible enrollees it was in different steps and once the person wanted to enroll then you would walk thru the acutal enrollment sign them up
Pros
great place
Cons
not regular job temp
sometimes cordial
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 3, 2018
overall good.

A typical day: Be on the phone selling, listening and trying to resolve costumers issues/problems.
I retired
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
I retired in December 2015 however, while I worked with Florida Blue, I excelled in my position as an Analyst. Management was very supportive when assistance was needed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Na
I love the company
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
I have no complaints about my current employer. The company affords me to work from home and be at home with my kids. I am searching a supplemental income at this time.
Pros
Remote working
Review
Supervisor Care Programs (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great work life balance, flexible schedules, and benefits. No pension is a downfall. Work environment can be stressful, especially when the department changes up management.
Competitive company to work for
Incepture Contractor (Credentialing) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
This company works at a very fast pace. They focus on working in groups and collaborative ideas. It was a very diverse company and many good ideas were developed through teamwork and group effort.
professional
Human Resources Intern Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
florida blue is a great company to work for.the employees are very helpful they have lots of security the cafe is great the human resources department is great also/
productive
Hold Code Claims Advocate 2 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
Florida Blue is a good place to work if you know what you are doing.
They have great amenities and it is a nice environment to work in.
If you love the medical field you should work there.
Retail Center
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
I work at a retail center in Carrollwood (Tampa) Florida... I work face to face with customers and issues with regards to issues with their plans. I am happy with my position but looking to further my career and get back into the community with out reach. Florida Blue has been a good company to work for and was licensed through Florida Blue with my 215. I was given extensive training when I started in this position 5 years ago. Florida Blue is a big company and there is room for advancement. Most positions are in Jacksonville and I do not want to relocate.
Pros
Financial
Cons
New systems not sufficient training
Great atmosphere
Service Advocate IV (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32258June 30, 2018
This company hires annually and layoff annually. Great place to work for but the environment. Is stressful not knowing if you will be made permanent are not.

Want to know more about Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)?

Ask a question
Fun but fast paced
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 28, 2018
Information and products were always changing in the complex field of healthcare. The position was temporary and thus I did not get time off or vacation. My only complaint was lack of competent sales and customer service report which made it tough on us.
Pros
Teamwork. Lunches
Cons
Not enough compensation for products sold
excellent
Clinical Support Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2018
Florida blue is the best company out here in the market. They take care of their employees, and they make sure you have everything you need. Florida blue has excellent pay, bonuses, benefits, and work life balance is key. I love love love working for Florida blue.
excellent employee environment
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 26, 2018
I found the supervisors were excellent, interested and knowledgeable. The training of 2 weeks was way too short for the large amount of programs and techniques for saving various types of information. I was contracted for open enrollment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
software not intuitive, like dos converted to windows
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2018
Florida Blue is an amazing composite lots of room to grow and advance in the company! I would recommend this workplace to anyone looking for a job. They are kind employers and care about their employees. I love it here!
fun work place
Enrolment Specialist/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2018
great place to work just have to watch out for the people who have time under they're belt they get a little cut throat when the newbie is shinning bright
great place to work, commision only
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 13, 2018
the commission payment was way too delayed. no benefits as it was a commission only position. I had fun working with my fellow insurance agents. The manager/owner of agency was great all aorind
Pros
fun, pleasure helping people
Cons
the pay, commision only
good place
Service Advocate IV (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2018
it is a good place to work in my opinion. the pay is fair and most managers are nice and want to help you move forward in your career. they make you feel wanted and needed here.
good place to work
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for employment in the health care insurance field. It has it's good and bad like every job.
Some managers think they know all
Associate IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2018
Most of the folks are old timers and some have tendency to think they know all, obviously since they have been there for so long they know more than newer folks but then they try to belittle the others which is bad. Though I will not say the same for all. Company wise it's a good company, even in these times they have budget to burn on non-important stuff in IT which amuses me.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Some managers are very difficult to work with.
Healthcare Insurance Options
"Universal” Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
Provided healthcare coverage to all types of members. Provided coverage breakdown and increased prices. Medicare and Medicaid coverage. Provided member website support,
Pros
Healthcare Insurance
Cons
Higher Insurance Cost