Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Employee Reviews

Difficult area of medicine.
Licensed Practical Nurse, IV Certified (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Overall this was a good company to work for. I learned a lot and honed skills that are much needed in the nursing world. The physicians, PA's and ARNP's are always eager to teach something new.
Pros
Good hours, weekends and holidays are off
Cons
Patients don't always survive.
Employees are just a number
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 5, 2019
FCS is all about fitting in as many patients as they can into the door. While they do offer PTO, they will deny most requests off. It is almost impossible to have a work/life balance. Management will not allow you time to take time for yourself or family, can never make it to school functions, and they will make you come to work even if you are sick, even though we work with immuno comprised patients. Though upper management and staff always get their planned vacations and time off to take care of their own families. Physicians do not respect staff. Lots of drama in all offices. The pay is decent, but staff is expected to be overloaded and understaffed, not worth it in the end. They allow patients to disrespect staff with no consequence. Lots of favoritism by management, who are nonclinical, and don't even understand what their staff actually does.If you value your family and morals, look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
everything
My experience at FCS
IT SERVCE DESK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 4, 2019
The Clinical aspects of this company are great. They do great Things in cancer\patient care. The IT Dept has had no good management direction. They Create a negative working environment. The new VP outsourced the help desk staff. Unfortunately, if your not on his good side, he will get rid of you. I recommend staying away from working in the IT dept. Otherwise, this is a good company to work at.
Pros
Provide excellent care to patients
Cons
IT Dept is very negative and unorganized.
A very honest review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 25, 2019
My role was not at a clinic. My role was at a management level in the corporate office in Fort Myers. It was a toxic environment while higher management would cover it with smiles & lies. You are expected to have FCS your #1 priority over family and personal issues. You are required to work at least 9 hours in the office and work at home. You will work Saturdays at least every other month. Your stress level was always on high, Every. Single Day. The expectations were unattainable. When your department would be close to achieving a set goal, it would change so you would not make goal and lose monetary gain. Management has a very high turnover. It is all too common to receive email notifications stating an Exempt employee has left FCS, whether at their own will or not at their own will. It was awfully scary to work in this office. I will say the managers who are now gone, were good people; they deserved to be treated with decency & respect. FCS culture will only change for the good, if senior management actually decided to. I feel they keep certain people because big revenue amounts are being made. It's really a shame. This is not what the true FCS culture is about but somehow, it has amassed into this.There is a fear of speaking the truth. It is guaranteed you will be reprimanded somehow, in some way, in some manner they choose. The office overall morale is so low. The salary is meager compared to other medical companies. If you are the current executive member of management, then you can positively contribute to ending this madness in this particular office. You now  more... have a limited amount of good people who still work there. Medical benefits are very expensive with a high deductible. Overall, I feel this is a good company for patients. They do indeed attempt to Exceed Expectations for their patients.  less
Pros
I had a job and a hard working staff
Cons
There is too many
hit or miss
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Quality of work life is quite variable depending on which MD you work with and which clinic you work in. No pervasive mission or culture. A.P.P.'s not highly respected.
Great part time job
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Company was great to work for. Got to work with all different types of doctors and nurses. Great benefits and the hours could be adjusted if needed. At times I did have to travel and getting paid for it was more hassle then the drive.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Small bonuses
Not a good company to work for
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Lack of career advancement. Poor Pay. Bad work environment. Random tasks are always forced upon employees. Over worked and underpaid. Schedule is subject to managers choice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunches, bad work-life balance, poor pay.
Great environment
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 29, 2018
My boss and the people around me are the best. Very welcoming, and help you in anything you need. I feel at home there. Very professional people, we always work as a a team.
Great Place to Work and Grow Professionally
Phamacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 14, 2018
I have been working for over 3 years at Rx To Go Pharmacy within FCS. At first, I wasn't sure if I would be able to continue working there because it was a big change from the retail pharmacy world in which I was accustomed. After a few months, I began feeling more comfortable in my position. The company has since been restructured and now has a very successful training program for new hires. The management team really wants their employees to succeed in their positions.

Rx To Go has grown a lot since I've joined. I started in a small team of 5 technicians and now my team has grown to 18 technicians. My team is like my family and I love the fact that everyone is willing to help each other with questions or with a large workload.

We work with cancer patients to provide them with their oral chemotherapy medications and also to make their continuation of care as seamless as possible. This can be difficult with various issues such as insurance rejections, prior authorizations, and high copays when the patient is needing to start the medication immediately. However, since we have several specialized departments within Rx To Go, we are able to successfully expedite patient's prescriptions and get them to the patients much faster than many of our competitors.

Additionally, we have a great team of pharmacists who really go out of their way to make sure the patients receive the best care. They are always available to help answer any patient questions or concerns. In fact, a pharmacist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year since we have an on-call
  more... service available. Our pharmacists offer weekly follow up calls for patients on certain drugs that tend to have serious side effects to offer counsel and advice on how to manage those side effects. This helps patients stay on their treatment longer and receive the most benefit from their therapy.

I could not imagine working in another pharmacy after working here and seeing the true dedication that our pharmacists, technicians, and clerks have for ALL of our patients. It's great knowing that all of your hard work and perseverance is appreciated by your co-workers, management team, and most importantly the patients.
Pros
competitive pay, health benefits, great team environment, reimbursement for PTCB
Cons
limited parking on site
RxToGo Pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  RxToGoDecember 14, 2018
Great place to work. Taking care of patients with cancer is a true honor. This place provides resources and support to do just that.
Management is very supportive of employees. The turnover rate among pharmacists and the pharmacy techs is very low. When you take care of oncology patients, the level of customer service has to be superb. When we put patients needs first and our own the last, we create success. This place is all about that.
Pros
continuous opportunities to learn
Cons
hard to find qualified employees in this area. Limited pool.
Great Place to work
Research Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 25, 2018
In general it's a fantastic pace to work. However, the staffing is not appropriate to the patient ratio. Very busy clinic, fast paced, and full at any given time. The majority of the people that work there love their jobs because of their patient's.
Horrible
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLNovember 13, 2018
Horrible. Co workers are nice. Supervisor terrible. Very busy and cut throat. No nonsense. Patients were wonderful You get to know them. If you can deal with stress and poor management go for it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work
Pharm tech (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLOctober 29, 2018
Rx To Go was by far the worst pharmacy I have ever worked at. The Management at this place is a joke and it trickles all the way down to the employees. Management does not take any suggestions from the employees into consideration, over worked and not paid enough. The only good thing about this place is the free food which has become slim to never happening at all anymore. Turnover rate is ridiculous! No one last for more than a year here and if they do it's because they kiss the managers buttocks!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management sucks, no teamwork, lots of sneaky things going on behind everyone's back HR is a joke as well
Challenging and rewarding most times
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 15, 2018
The company is forward thinking in its mission to serve its patients. Most of the people I have encountered are there because it really means something to them. The demands can be heavy and difficult at times.
Pros
people I ve worked with
Cons
hours
Great place
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2018
flex job schedule, great pay, coworkers are team players the management planned great trainings and added helpful tips never felt as i was left behind in any activity
negativw work nexperience
Ready Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLOctober 3, 2018
Very negative work experience. Seemed to have one person controlling the office that was not the office manager, very demeaning and nasty to me in front of staff and patients. Was kept only to fulfill need until new person could be hired,
Great place to work awesome medical staff and admin staff
Patient Services Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 19, 2018
great place to work in my opinion. Awesome doctors and staff who offer the best care to their patients. Florida Cancer Specialists is not just a place of employment it is a community that will go above and beyond for their patients.
Great place to work.
Senior Management (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have worked for Florida Cancer Specialist for 3 + years and my experience has been nothing short of spectacular. Florida Cancer Specialists understand that their employees are their greatest assets. The management teams continuously look for ways to boost employee morale, keeping teams motivated to deliver awesome experiences every day to our patients.

FCS fosters a team-oriented company culture of hard working, smart, committed people looking to make a difference in the lives of patients and their families.

If you’re looking for a career and not just a job, consider applying at Florida Cancer Specialists. Be part of something special.
Pros
Good benefit package, opportunities for growth, work has purpose and meaning, gifted and talented coworkers, company is invested in your professional growth.
Cons
Free lunch is not always a pro, reps rarely bring healthy options, we need to promote a more healthy lifestyle for our employees.
If you cherish your dignity, walk away.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2018
Seemed like a great company to work for in the beginning. They absolutely shower you with compliments. Then when they're done with you, they will dispose of you quickly. Management is awful. You have no words. Ask no questions. The minute you ask, they are done with you. They pretend like they love working with you, then stab you in the back. They have no idea how to manage a large group of people. Processes change to accommodate certain people not patients. A lot of busy nonsense work is involved. What a mess. Be very careful there.
Pros
Compensation ok for the area.
Cons
Horrible management, Micro Managing. Clicky for sure. You have no voice.
Not applicable
Claim Specialist (Reason for leaving (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 6, 2018
Full Comprehensive Benefit Program Manage the Financial Counselors in the clinics and review their performance of Managed Care duties and patient collections. Supervise and review all clinic collections. Responsible for providing training regarding Florida Cancer Specialists (FCS) collection policies and procedures to clinic staff. Responsible for approving all special order drugs and reviewing chemotherapy regimens to...
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Not applicable