Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Employee Reviews

Great place
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2018
flex job schedule, great pay, coworkers are team players the management planned great trainings and added helpful tips never felt as i was left behind in any activity
negativw work nexperience
Ready Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLOctober 3, 2018
Very negative work experience. Seemed to have one person controlling the office that was not the office manager, very demeaning and nasty to me in front of staff and patients. Was kept only to fulfill need until new person could be hired,
Great place to work awesome medical staff and admin staff
Patient Services Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 19, 2018
great place to work in my opinion. Awesome doctors and staff who offer the best care to their patients. Florida Cancer Specialists is not just a place of employment it is a community that will go above and beyond for their patients.
Great place to work.
Senior Management (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have worked for Florida Cancer Specialist for 3 + years and my experience has been nothing short of spectacular. Florida Cancer Specialists understand that their employees are their greatest assets. The management teams continuously look for ways to boost employee morale, keeping teams motivated to deliver awesome experiences every day to our patients.

FCS fosters a team-oriented company culture of hard working, smart, committed people looking to make a difference in the lives of patients and their families.

If you’re looking for a career and not just a job, consider applying at Florida Cancer Specialists. Be part of something special.
Pros
Good benefit package, opportunities for growth, work has purpose and meaning, gifted and talented coworkers, company is invested in your professional growth.
Cons
Free lunch is not always a pro, reps rarely bring healthy options, we need to promote a more healthy lifestyle for our employees.
If you cherish your dignity, walk away.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2018
Seemed like a great company to work for in the beginning. They absolutely shower you with compliments. Then when they're done with you, they will dispose of you quickly. Management is awful. You have no words. Ask no questions. The minute you ask, they are done with you. They pretend like they love working with you, then stab you in the back. They have no idea how to manage a large group of people. Processes change to accommodate certain people not patients. A lot of busy nonsense work is involved. What a mess. Be very careful there.
Pros
Compensation ok for the area.
Cons
Horrible management, Micro Managing. Clicky for sure. You have no voice.
Not applicable
Claim Specialist (Reason for leaving (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 6, 2018
Full Comprehensive Benefit Program Manage the Financial Counselors in the clinics and review their performance of Managed Care duties and patient collections. Supervise and review all clinic collections. Responsible for providing training regarding Florida Cancer Specialists (FCS) collection policies and procedures to clinic staff. Responsible for approving all special order drugs and reviewing chemotherapy regimens to...
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Not applicable
Awesome physicans and staff
Patient Services Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 6, 2018
Room for advancement. Awesome place to work. Requires patience and excellent patient care support. Bradenton East location has great staff support excellent doctors practitioners and chemo nurses. real team players.
Challenging and learning oporatunities
Florida Cancer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJuly 31, 2018
I liked the fact that my job consisted multitasking and my coworkers got along until. There was problem with management. And if anything was said there were consequences as far as how we were treated. There really was not a hard part of my job, I loved my job the challenges, the Corporation and the Physicians I worked for. The enjoyable part of my job when I was able to make the patients feel comfortable and lighted up their day before they started their treatment.
Pros
The patients, the Physicians and some of my coworkers
Cons
sometimes the way we were treated by manager
FCS- Workplace Culture
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, however, there were a lot of cliques, and management had a lot of favoritism. Due to favoritism, a lot of people got away with things, while others would be reprimanded.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Policies & healthcare
Chaos personified
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 19, 2018
VERY busy locations, multiple Dr's in every office and some that rotate clinics- plan to stay on your toes and RUNNING- not a slower paced office, can have very demanding patients

Want to know more about Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute?

Ask a question
Productive place
Office Manager & Financial Counselor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 18, 2018
very busy working reports and meeting with patients. Consistently understaffed and working more than one office in a day. I learned valuable information during my time there. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting patients obtain grant funding for their treatments.
Pros
Many wonderful people work there and work well together as a team.
Cons
Too much expected of the Financial Counselor role
Enjoy what I do.
Coding Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2018
Very busy with compliance audits. I really enjoy what I do. I have learned a lot about RAC, CERTS, Probe reviews and education. I have a great supervisor.
RUN away far and fast
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 2, 2018
Horrible place to work...run far and fast...not worth it regardless of how many sign on bonuses they offer you. Disorganized. Dont treat employees that well at all.
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 29, 2018
I enjoy helping the patients and being a part of their care. I get to assist with Bone Marrow Biopsies. Schedule is flexible. The doctors are awesome and enjoy their work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch break
Supportive management staff
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2018
Meeting with each patient can form a bond that allows you to share a very unique experience in their lives. Everyone had a different journey to undergo and it is a privilege to share that with them.
Pros
Opportunities for advanced education
Cons
None that I can think of.
Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 8, 2018
No team work at all. Everyone looks out for only themselves. No privacy for patients checking at. The whole office setting is one big Hipaa violation.
Pros
Free lunch but very unhealthy
Cons
Bad benefits, bad management, bad organization
LPN (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2018
Good working with coworkers who are constantly helping each other and trying to do what's best for the patients. Managers try to solve problems as quick as possible. Doctors are easy to work with and always challenges you to learn more.
cool place to work
Patient Service Specialist (PSS) (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 25, 2018
fun and fast paced. manager rocked. team lead wasn't so good at leading but better at gossiping and socializing. but overall a great place to work and i learned a lot.
Stressful but worth it
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2018
Great place to work stressful at times but generally a great place to work benefits are great the work environment it's an environment where promotion is encouraged
Benefits
Love working for FCS!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 3, 2018
FCS has provided exponential opportunities for growth within my position, and I am grateful to work for a company that invests in their employees. I would recommend FCS to all family and friends!
Pros
Team building, growth opportunities, training, etc.