Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Employee Reviews

If you cherish your dignity, walk away.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2018
Seemed like a great company to work for in the beginning. They absolutely shower you with compliments. Then when they're done with you, they will dispose of you quickly. Management is awful. You have no words. Ask no questions. The minute you ask, they are done with you. They pretend like they love working with you, then stab you in the back. They have no idea how to manage a large group of people. Processes change to accommodate certain people not patients. A lot of busy nonsense work is involved. What a mess. Be very careful there.
Pros
Compensation ok for the area.
Cons
Horrible management, Micro Managing. Clicky for sure. You have no voice.
Not applicable
Claim Specialist (Reason for leaving (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 6, 2018
Full Comprehensive Benefit Program Manage the Financial Counselors in the clinics and review their performance of Managed Care duties and patient collections. Supervise and review all clinic collections. Responsible for providing training regarding Florida Cancer Specialists (FCS) collection policies and procedures to clinic staff. Responsible for approving all special order drugs and reviewing chemotherapy regimens to...
Pros
Not applicable
Cons
Not applicable
Awesome physicans and staff
Patient Services Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 6, 2018
Room for advancement. Awesome place to work. Requires patience and excellent patient care support. Bradenton East location has great staff support excellent doctors practitioners and chemo nurses. real team players.
Challenging and learning oporatunities
Florida Cancer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJuly 31, 2018
I liked the fact that my job consisted multitasking and my coworkers got along until. There was problem with management. And if anything was said there were consequences as far as how we were treated. There really was not a hard part of my job, I loved my job the challenges, the Corporation and the Physicians I worked for. The enjoyable part of my job when I was able to make the patients feel comfortable and lighted up their day before they started their treatment.
Pros
The patients, the Physicians and some of my coworkers
Cons
sometimes the way we were treated by manager
Chaos personified
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 19, 2018
VERY busy locations, multiple Dr's in every office and some that rotate clinics- plan to stay on your toes and RUNNING- not a slower paced office, can have very demanding patients
Productive place
Office Manager & Financial Counselor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 18, 2018
very busy working reports and meeting with patients. Consistently understaffed and working more than one office in a day. I learned valuable information during my time there. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting patients obtain grant funding for their treatments.
Pros
Many wonderful people work there and work well together as a team.
Cons
Too much expected of the Financial Counselor role
Enjoy what I do.
Coding Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2018
Very busy with compliance audits. I really enjoy what I do. I have learned a lot about RAC, CERTS, Probe reviews and education. I have a great supervisor.
RUN away far and fast
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 2, 2018
Horrible place to work...run far and fast...not worth it regardless of how many sign on bonuses they offer you. Disorganized. Dont treat employees that well at all.
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 29, 2018
I enjoy helping the patients and being a part of their care. I get to assist with Bone Marrow Biopsies. Schedule is flexible. The doctors are awesome and enjoy their work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch break
Worst place I’ve ever worked.
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 8, 2018
No team work at all. Everyone looks out for only themselves. No privacy for patients checking at. The whole office setting is one big Hipaa violation.
Pros
Free lunch but very unhealthy
Cons
Bad benefits, bad management, bad organization
LPN (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2018
Good working with coworkers who are constantly helping each other and trying to do what's best for the patients. Managers try to solve problems as quick as possible. Doctors are easy to work with and always challenges you to learn more.
cool place to work
Patient Service Specialist (PSS) (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 25, 2018
fun and fast paced. manager rocked. team lead wasn't so good at leading but better at gossiping and socializing. but overall a great place to work and i learned a lot.
Stressful but worth it
Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2018
Great place to work stressful at times but generally a great place to work benefits are great the work environment it's an environment where promotion is encouraged
Benefits
Love working for FCS!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 3, 2018
FCS has provided exponential opportunities for growth within my position, and I am grateful to work for a company that invests in their employees. I would recommend FCS to all family and friends!
Pros
Team building, growth opportunities, training, etc.
Reliable but boring
REGISTRATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 3, 2018
The position I was in was very repetitive and didn’t offer any change of pace or work to keep it interesting. I would recommend this company but stay away from an office job that does not interact with patients.
It was OK
Senior Systems Analyst - Tier II Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 28, 2018
It was a job. IT management was slightly unorganized. Department was always in a state of chaos. Promotions only happened when you went out an partied with management.
Pros
Cons
no direction
Every office is different
PSS (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 26, 2018
West Palm area managers are the worse. They will never have your back. They lie and the senior manager is no better. There's a reason they have such a turn over especially in Stuart FL.
Rewarding
Financial aid counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort MyersMarch 10, 2018
Being able to financially assist patients with treatments is very rewarding. The culture is very friendly. FCS is an amazing company. I work with a great team! Management is always professional, supportive and pro-active. There are always opportunities to go "above and beyond"
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not being able to work from home
Poor management
Coder (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2018
All this company cares about is money. They have absolutely no regard for the employees that run their company. We are grossly underpaid & over worked. They will find whatever ways they can NOT to spend money on the employees. We are a huge company yet they won't give us a Christmas party or do anything for us at Thanksgiving...they won't give us the day after Thanksgiving off which means unless you have time on the books & are one of the lucky ones to get your request in, you can never travel out of town for this holiday. We get a very tiny bonus at the end of the year based on the revenue for the year. They do nothing fun for the employees. They hire incompetent managers who have absolutely no business being managers or supervisors. They lie to us. I have never worked at a worse company & I am shocked they treat their employees that are not nurses or Dr's, this poorly. As soon as I can find another job, I am out of there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Highly stressful
Managed the receptionist area (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 5, 2018
This would be nowhere that I would recommend any friend to work. The management was stifling and the Dr. vs patient everyday relationship was poor. They saw too many patients and didn't care.