Florida Career College Employee Reviews

Laid off
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 1, 2019
Unfortunately, I left before they were laying ppl off back in 2012, so my review should have been done years ago. I really enjoyed working for them. Just didn’t care for the lying to students about taking a tour even if I knew they weren’t qualified to even attend the school. I was a “kiosk Representative II/ Business Development “ we were stationed in the mall. Met some really great ppl my time there. So many different nationalities visiting obviously because we were in the mall so we had to speak to everyone passing by. Which I could work for the college but not in this type of position, as I hated the lead requirements. I worked there for four years and seen allot. Have nothing really negative to say about this company.
Pros
Human interaction; goal incentives
Cons
Lying about the qualifications
Work place can be stressful.
Certified MA/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2019
This company has it's up's and down's. Please use caution in giving up your full time job to teach. You will regret it. Partime work is ok but you can see the full time employee's stressing over their job every quater. There is a lot of negativity with in the site so stay as far as you can away from gossip.
Pros
n/a
Cons
you can work 40 hours a week with no paid time off and benefits
Fraudulant
Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2019
Very poor management. Told to commit fraud all the time by posting a student present when they were absent. If I did not mark them present, the CP would forge the students signature on the roster sign in sheet and then scan the roster to corporate for an attendance change (this was for new students, just so they can make their numbers). Everynother week someone is either getting terminated or resigning, always new people coming through. Nit a stable work enviornment. They go through multiple Education Directors a year as well as CP's and in all departments.
Pros
Changing students lives
Cons
No stability, fraud, pressure to comit fraud
It's all about the students
Certified Network Technician Instructor (CNT) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2019
I love working for FCC and I am a former graduate. The only critique I have is that the "pool they are fishing from" has a lot of students who are not committed to their studies. I believe everyone has potential but as a instructor you have decide if they're willing to go the extra mile. The other thing I have a hard time with is trying to save a student who has no desire to be here. Overall the staff here is wonderful, my boss is the best I have had in a long time.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Trying to save someone who doesn't care
Quick advancement!
HVAC-R Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 7, 2019
You are free to become the CEO of your department! You will receive daily support during your stand up meetings. I enjoyed every day! Attending the yearly Graduation is one of the most rewarding and emotional when the students family thank you with tears in their eyes!
Pros
You get to change the world one student at a time!
Cons
Not enough students!
Gossip and micromanagement abound
Professional Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 1, 2019
2 days of training with no regards to working knowledge of their CRM system. Micromanagement on an hourly basis and ineffective leads. After 2 days training on understanding your client base your expected to hit the ground running. No Training on their CRM systems or policies regarding inbound calls and no positive reinforcement. Only negativity and gossip.
Pros
A few nice co-workers
Cons
Micromanagement and inadequate training and no ramp up time
I worked for this school the first six month's it opened in Pemboke Pines, Florida.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2019
The admissions department was constructed as a sales force, to sell IT programs to prospective students. The staff I worked with was very competitive in achieving there goals.
Poor
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lauradale lakesMarch 22, 2019
Always closing Campus
Poor management
No supplies
No organizations
Students get frustrated because they hours missing
They don’t deliver what they promise
All about the numbers and politics..
Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33417February 22, 2019
As an instructor if your students dont show up to class...your superior counts it against you as well as belittle you and say what is wrong w you..your not dynamic enough to interest your students to stay in class. Though most students have jobs, kids, and or no transportation. So many meetings w no change. Then you have to do continuing education that you learn nothing from because the answers are given to you by your superior. Then you have more issues with the staff who instead of working as a team they bash you as an employee and person. The lies to get the student enrolled and then when all the promises made to the students is a bunch of lies just to get them in. When admissions and financial aid has your signatures that's when the promises are all broken and the Instructor has to tell with upset students that are not happy with it and then becomes a 1 to 2 hour discussion as to why they were lied to. Again all about the numbers. Instead of firing you for not having your students come back you get demoted u and eventually firing you .I would never recommend this school to anyone. Coming from someone that graduated there and spoke highly of the school to the point where I was employed there to open my eyes and figured out I too was a number with fake promises and seen too much of abuse to the students. Good luck to those who where fools like I was. As a student and employee....its a set up for failure.
Pros
The cafe indoors and the salary that blinds you to get you in
Great Students, Horrible Politics
MA & Phlebotomy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with students (students only) on a daily basis! Good Management and organization was very minimal.!
Pros
Impact Student Lives
Cons
workplace culture
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Typical day started off by taking attendance and taking that form to the registrar. The first part of class was lecture and the second half involved a lab.
I learned a lot. Unfortunately, working for the company they did not have a Job Work/Life Balance.
Former Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 14, 2019
It was always pretty busy and Management drained the employees to the point where the employees would be working like there was not a Job Work/Life Balance inside the College.
Staff was not very team oriented
Adjunct Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Staff was not team oriented. students were uninformed and undesciplined. They were not aware that a felony could keep them from getting jobs in certain fields. Adjunct Profess, are treated like Substitutes we get whatever is left over on schedule. If there is no classes you have no work.
Pros
Job, good pay
Cons
unstable shift and hours
Not worth it
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2019
They are number driven. They do not care about any other factor but the number. DOA begin to become a nasty person because I was not enrolling any prospective that came through the door. If meeting sales goals is going to turn me into someone I do not recognize when I look in the mirror, I rather not deal. I will just start my own business. They literally want you to chase students down to make them enroll and attend the first 2 weeks so they can get their Financial aid. They want you to call the student constantly, stalk them, & call their emergency contacts. When you reek of desperation, students will know!!! They sense that.
Benefits
Cons
Too sales driven
I learned a lot at Florida Career College.
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 1, 2019
I learned a lot at Florida Career College. You have the opportunity to learn and grow under the RIGHT executive director. The leadership has changed but it's a great place to work.
I was a student in office billing and coding classes
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2019
I received a great learning experience with the career collage. I had an amazing teacher and met great people whom became good friends and we helped one another learn the billing and coding in medical
Pros
Great learning experiance
Great place, good people!
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I learned a lot working at Florida Career College working within the management team. I also learned a lot in accounting, as well as AR & AP. The most enjoyable part was working with all the nice people...
Pros
People, coworkers, pat, hours
Save yourself
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 2, 2019
This job is not worth it. I was there two weeks and all i did was just make calls. No one taught me how to conduct interviews and then they expect you to enroll 5 people even if they don't speak english which means they will fail because all classes are in english. the admissions director only complains to you about not enrolling and doesn't teach you anything. During my time there i saw reps give students money to take the bus or stop in the middle of their shift to pick up the students which in training they tell you NOT to do that but the director still tells you to do it our your job is at stake. i had left because i didn't enroll a Spanish speaking student who didn't understand one word of english and the director yelled at me and put me down in front of the whole time and even placed a bet with another team mate to see if the person will come back. I also attend this school which is why i wanted to work here since i had a pleasant experience while i attended but working here is not a good place and the people are not kind and they lie to people in order to get them to enroll. please save yourself and don't waste your time like i did.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
everything
Long work days
Campus Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2018
I love my team! Great managers. Lots of meeting, long work days 9+ hours. No overtime. No real training. Have to teach yourself a lot. Very high turn overs
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long work days 9+ hours days
Productive and fun
Instructor/ Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2018
Florida Career College is a fun and rewarding place to work. If you to have a passion for teaching in order to be able to ignore the lack of benefits offered. The college promotes acknowledging jobs well done and believes in public displays of giving credit to those who go above and beyond.
Pros
Wonderful and energetic environment.
Cons
No benefits