FLORIDA CENTER FOR ALLERGY AND ASTHMA CARE Employee Reviews

Great place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308May 12, 2019
Great place to work , understanding to each person as long as you work your shift. Great people. The job can be stressful but as long as their is teamwork.
Fcaac
Front Desk Receptionist (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 8, 2018
They allow the opportunity to be trained and taught proper protocol but once arrived to designated office things are done differently according to manager and physician. Not very open to new culture or ideas.
Pros
experience in dr office
Cons
draining environment
fast-paced work environment
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 31, 2018
Though I worked there for a limited time, Florida center was an entertaining and engaging workplace. I enjoyed the time I worked there and would work there again if I had the time.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2018
I can't say enough positive things about working for FCAAC. Amazing Doctors, great benefits, hard working staff, and supportive administration. While the work is fast-paced, we have lots of fun and all 17 offices work together as a family. Overall working for Florida Center for Allergy and Asthma Care has been a great experience.
Pros
Great Benefits, Flexible time off, and Offices Close to home
Continuing Education Un-friendly, good benefits, but little room for growth
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Various locationsFebruary 21, 2018
The main problem I had working for this company was that they start you as a "floater nurse" saying you are eventually placed permanently in an office, but almost two years later that never happened. Some people get placed a mile from their home and others get placed 30 miles from their home. There is not much room for advancement as a nurse. In fact, they are slowly transitioning towards MA's and LPN's at most, so if you are an RN, don't bother. Any problem within the practice always came back to the nurses. While you did have a few specific people (physicians, upper management) that did go to bat for you, the general culture of the practice is that it's always the Nurse's fault. The pay is honestly right up there with the best, and they offer really great benefits (lots of vacation, paid time off, insurance, etc) but if you are looking to move up in the company or expand on your skills, you have a long uphill road against you. They are also very rigid on scheduling, part time does not exist, and if you need time for school, they will sooner let you go and spend months finding someone, and investing time and energy training, than try to compromise and keep you on the team.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay
Cons
No room for growth, workplace can be hostile at times.
Overall I had a good experience working there.
Central Mixing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Working in the central mixing department, I learned a lot over the years and I generally got along well with the people I worked with. I would recommend to anyone.
productive, challenging professional and fun place
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 22, 2017
Bussy, challenging, professional, cultural, always learning new things, sometime stressful, but it was a great experience been part of these wonderful hard working people. They are like family.
Pros
Very helpful with time off if necessary
Cons
no comments
Fast paced
Clinical Research Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 19, 2017
Working with florida center for allergy and asthma was a great learning & challenging experience. I felt there was oppotunity to grow and move up in the company. There was an exceptional team work as well as dedicated doctors & staff. I would recommend it to anyone interested in this field.
no comment about this company
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 24, 2017
no comment about this company I worked there and gained a lot of experience. I thank fcaac for the opportunity in which they gave to use my skills ive learned in school
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
opportunity
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2017
They gave me the opportunity to grow within the company. I also learn different jobs, which I love to learn new things. We are in the processing of new management.
Helping patients with their allergy problems
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2016
what I have learned over the years is how helping and attending patients is very importing in the medical field. You will see how peoples allergy come from mild to severe. You will learn how to control patients allergy from medications to injections.
Do not work for them
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work here. This company is ranned by moneys. Half the workers can't speak proper english and are rude calling patients mami and papi. MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE. HR can't ever help you. Most enjoyable part is when you go home. Worst job experience ever.
Extremely Stressful job, patients were pleasant to work with
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 3, 2015
I left because I felt the need to invest my career in a company whose mission was in line with my passion. Worked in this company for a few months. I experienced working in a very fast paced office which is a strength I posses. Utilized my skills and knowledge of insurance background.
Pros
Office was less than 1 mile from my house, learned to work in a very fast paced office
Cons
No future for professional growth and deveploment
fcaac
payment rep (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2014
is a very good place to work they just dont pay enough. Ive learn a lot with them.
productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2013
my typical day at work is very busy and productive. I learned that working in the medical field you must work in a decent yet fast past due to the office being very busy but I love it. Management is very good as well as my co-workers we all get along and help each other out. So far i haven't really found the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part is working with the patients we take care of adults and children and i love working with them.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, christmas bonous
Cons
no benifits
fun place to work and lots of work to do.
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 25, 2012
working with patients.
Learn how to file charts, schdule appointments and dictating.
no management (Intern).
The hardest part is when the intern is finish.
Fun to work with co-workers.
Working with the doctors.