Florida Community Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Extreme workload
Wire Transfer Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33953July 11, 2018
The workload was extreme and expectations were high while the management failed to listen to employees about obtaining extra help. General morale ran low for long term employees as we often saw entire departments dissolved and moved a greater distance than was feasible to commute which resulted in jobs lost to seasoned employees while the company relocated departments to hire new employees at lower rates with starting benefits - i.e. lower cost to company.
Bonuses which started out high and favorable dropped to all time low amounts.
Employees are often written up on frivolous infractions stacking their employee records to later assist the company to deny promotions.
Pros
pay was good along with health and dental
Cons
extreme workloads, no flexibility
I loved working at FCB! You truly work as a team!
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 28, 2018
Management cares about their staff! Everyone helps train you to their computer systems and they want to see each of their employees do well. They actual work together as a team to met deadlines for their customers.
Really good place to work and advancement are there.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLMarch 26, 2018
It an amazing opportunity just left my job because I finished school and was looking for a job in my field of study to further my career. Overall a well put together working environment where advancement are their just need to be willing work for it .
Fun, could be repetitive at times
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLMarch 12, 2018
I liked it because i was able to learn the job well. it was repetitive, that's what made it easier to learn. There have been many changes in the financial world. Many of the procedures that were used and in place when i was a loan processor may no longer be used.
Avoid at all cost
Employee (Current Employee) –  branchMarch 3, 2018
the location I was in was beyond slow. Management did nothing to help with developing their employees yet required them to sell products that there was no training on. Management provided no support on the day to day and did not allow key players in the branch to make the decisions needed to get business done. Management at all levels played favorites and was unwilling to listen to others. Teller system is BEYOND outdated and company refuses to consider something different. They are more worried about spending money where is shouldn't be spent then updating the branches. They are also more concerned about $10million commercial loans than the branches. Employee engagement is a joke to this bank. Underpaid and over worked.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
everything
A day can feel like a year.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 8, 2018
This place is so slow there no have to much walking customers in the location I was. I have like three manager in the same building and some time you don't know how you follow because everyone say and think different. It was there most confuse, frustrating and depressing job I ever had. People that work there are use to the slow day I hate it they is for lasy people. They only good tjings is the pay. They is a lack of thraining.
Pros
Free lunches some days
deposit operations
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 30, 2017
the day is full of activites on be done daily. other dusties might be said if a problem comes up. overall a nice place to work . I enjoy some of the people and the potluck that we had
Hard work required for success
BSA Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 10, 2017
Long Hours....however...good pay. Days flew by......I miss the people. I've become an expert at building a BSA/AML infrastructure. Not many people can put it all together.
Pros
few
It is truly a bank Mafia
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 6, 2017
There is no advancement unless you are within the original circle. They hire&promote their FAMILY&direct FRIENDS.There are a lot of unethical things and it has fallen between a Bank of America and old Wells Fargo culture.
Pros
If you have a family emergency, they do help in any way
Cons
0 Advancement, unethical practices
Good Place to Work if you live close by
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 26, 2017
This is a great place to work if you don't have children. Solid, growing stable company. Challenging workload. Modern equipment. Comfortable office surroundings. Good benefits and PTO.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Unreasonable deadlines, long commute times

Want to know more about Florida Community Bank?

Ask a question
a great place to work and a great boss
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 6, 2017
It was a great place to work I just was't cut out for the position I had. I felt there was a lot of favortisim there. The hours were great! Didn't have to work Sundays but on Saturday if you worked You only had to work a half day. the customers were very friendly and so were the employees
Pros
great place to work
Cons
job title wasn't for me
Management Issues
Teller, Backup Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for Florida Community Bank and wish I were still working with them. However, it was impossible to deal with the manager at my office and when finally got a transfer to another branch, the manager also transferred to that same office.
Pros
Time off/Pay/Great employees
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 5, 2017
...now under poor management and stressful atmosphere...nothing more to say as under pressure all the time no one is content or happy at their job any longer
Get to meet new people everyday
Teller, Bookeeper (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJuly 27, 2017
Really enjoy working with people & got to see new people everyday. Nice environment to work at, everyone nice & respectful. Pay was good but needed a little more money because my family was growing. Very flexible when need to get off for doctor appointments.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Needed for pay
Assignment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2017
Due to the independent assignment, this review is not applicable.
I was working in a team of consultants. Staff members and Management were professional.
sales pressure daily, local management lacking. great benefits and median pay
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 27, 2017
Extremely high pressure sales goals that are tracked on a daily basis. This includes redundant logs that are expected to be filled out daily. Management is not focused on branch goals as much as personal life and leaves the team floundering on their own.

The benefits are great. health ins is paid by company and a minimal amount paid by employee for dentist and eye care. 15 days PTO are allowed for new hire to 5 yrs. After 5 yrs 5 more PTO days allotted.

Pay is based on success of branch sales goals. incentive is offered quarterly. There have not been any yearly cost of living raises in atleast 3 years.
benefits
Cons
poor management, high pressure sales goals
A day in the Wire Department
Wire Transfer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the employees that were in the Wire Department and Deposit Operations. I also enjoyed .learning new software applications. There was never a typical day in the Wire Department. Every day it was a different situation which made the day interesting. The Wire Department is a very demanding job where you have to be accurate and have excellent time management skills.
Pros
People
Stay Away
Punching Bag (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2017
I worked with nice people, most of whom I couldn't believe would continue working for this organization. Completely antiquated in terms of systems and practices. Inefficient for both customer and employee. Lead to a stressful environment. Hated every minute of it.
Pros
Free bank logo shirt
Cons
Everything else
Challenging
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 10, 2017
Most days can be challenging as far as trying to figure out issues that you may not have enough experience in. Overall, the job duties are the same every day other than when people are on vacation or out sick then you cover the duties plus fulfill your own duties.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Communication issues among staff
Productive and challenging place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLMay 3, 2017
I learned a lot working at FCB. I had an opportunity to experienced first-hand how the banking system operates on the background. the management help me to view the big picture of how the financial system help individual reach their financial dreams.