Florida Home Improvement Associates Employee Reviews

Decent job decent pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2018
Not a terrible job if you don't mind standing outside and like to talk to people.
Lot of ups and downs in the commission pay but has decent hourly rate as well. Management could be more organized.
Pros
Flexibility
Productive,Fun and outgoing
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Talking to potential clients on what we have to offer home improvement wise.

Daily meetings on what we have to work on and what we're doing right.

Communication is great between managers and employees.

Solid position, if you're looking for consistent work and pay.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Team Building Events
Cons
30 min breaks
Previous “marketing representative”..knocking door to door salesmen.
Marketing representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Horrible work done to customers. Dishonest sales reps send in contracts that sold when customer never agreed to purchase work. One time a homeowner called me back and said her brand new roof she bought from us is leaking and no one came out to fix it. Unprofessional fellow employees as well. Resembles a pyramid scheme honestly.
Pros
Ping pong table
Cons
Walk 6+ miles a day in 90 degree weather, dishonest company, need luck just to make money
Room for Growth
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2018
The workplace is balanced- it can be intense or relaxed when needed. There are a lot of different personalities and skill sets to work with that are not unusual- every company is diverse.

I learned that to prove oneself, you must get the job done exceptionally and make yourself an asset. Just showing up and clocking in and out will not do you any favors. It is a private, family-run business, and each person- especially with the growth that is being experienced- must wear different hats now and then. It's not ideal, but it is a necessary pain.

I love that despite being a family business, it is a serious contender in Florida's home-remodeling industry, having relationships with national wholesalers, local TV and radio, and doing millions in business.

My coworkers envelop a snapshot of the working American- different cultures, education and trades. Everyone must complement one another for the company to thrive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with company politics and getting our current systems to improve (just because we are doing stellar as compared to last year doesn't mean that we can't be better.). There are so many moving parts that it can be a challenge to orchestrate everything smoothly... It's just grown so quickly in a short amount of years that old systems just have to be revamped or replaced entirely to remain competitive and even sustain the success that we are having.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the growth is tangible. The owner of the company is hands-on, and there are career opportunities for those who seek it out and ask for
  more... it. It's the next best thing to working for yourself, which is my background.  less
Pros
Love the potential in this company. Slowly but surely, management is making changes to really show employee appreciation and incentivize performance.
Cons
There should be more transparency in the sales and marketing divisions, there should be a clear path or structure to promote from within.
Productive and fun place with ping pon table
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2018
Enjoy working for Florida Home Improvement; mainly interested in new career advancements.
My coworkers are great prosperous and productive individuals. Making phone calls and organizing schedule was a pleasure: I help facilitate leads experience in purchasing hurricane impact windows and doors to protect their home.
Pros
2 20 minutes Break
Cons
Needs more benefits
Great Work/Life Balance
Retail Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
Interact with over 2000+ Customers inside retail stores like Sams Club, BJ's Wholesale, & JC Penny's. Great training when it comes to lead generation. Love the fact that you work directly with your Regional Manager so if anything comes up and need a question answered they are a phone call away. One of my biggest challenges i come across on a daily is taking NO's all day to get a yes, but when you get a lead at the end of the day it pays off for the struggle of the job with a great compensation plan...
Pros
Bonuses, Weekly Compensation plan, & Working your own hours.
Cons
Taking NO's
Would not recommend working there.
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville floridaAugust 7, 2018
Working there is more stress than the jib required. The have high expectations that they say should be met in a day. But the hours to meet these expectations are not there. The new manager comes is undertrained. The regional manager is rude and condescending.
Excellent Company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2018
Productive, fun place to work. Great company to work for ,awesome management staff. enjoyable job making friends, meeting new customers, company provides excellent product and service !
Pros
Work Hours, pay, awesome management
I didn’t like it
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2018
I learned a lot from this job my communication and customer service skills were defiantly improved but I didn’t like the work trying to get people to sign up for a free estimate, I felt like I could do something better
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Had to drive a lot, the work
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If qualified, there are more opportunities available in our other entry-level marketing and sales divisions that you may excel in. They also do require an additional interview and skills test where applicable. You are welcome to apply.

not that great
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 9, 2018
They hire and fire you within the 90 days so they don't have to offer benefits.management is terrible, nobody knows a thing about the window business.
Great place for go-getters and the motivated.
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLMay 7, 2018
This company for the most part gives you incentives for performance. The harder you work the more money you can make.

Definitely not an environment for people who aren't ready to roll up their sleeves and grind it out. Fortunately when you do, they can make it very lucrative. Not for lazy or negative people.

They give you the platform and foundation to be very successful. Plenty of growth and ways to get paid. Those that fail, have no one to blame but themselves!
Pros
Fun, High Income Potential, Recreation, Great People
Cons
Not for everyone.
Great company!
Outbound Sales Representative/ HR Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2018
This was the best company I ever worked for. I grew within the company from the call center to HR/Recruiting and it only took me nine months. Every manager I met there was awesome, really funny, but also knew how to work hard. I made a lot of money at this company because I worked for it and they provided me an opportunity to do so. The company its self is pretty amazing; to be in every BJ's and Sam's club throughout the entire state of Florida is remarkable. Also, the company is stable and growing like never before, when I left they had five offices around the state of FL. The CEO/Owner is always present when truly he doesn't have to be but he continues to grow his business consistently. FHIA taught me a lot and if it wasn't for me leaving FL I would still be there continuing to grow within the company; this has been the most stable company in the state of Florida I have ever worked for. .
Pros
Finances, growth, stability, people, culture, and trust.
Cons
It was a little far from my past residency.
Great Culture!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2018
This is by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing and management is always at arm's length to help out. A day in the life is never the same which makes this a fun fast paced environment to work in. FHIA has provided me with tons of support and I am learning and growing daily here. I thoroughly enjoy the team environment and look forward to a secured future within the organization.
Pros
culture, type of work
Cons
none !
Great place to work!
entry level marketing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2018
I currently work for FHIA as an Entry Level Marketing Representative. This is a great job opportunity for a recent grad like myself. For an entry level job, this pays very well. I have many opportunities to make more money, with the commissions and bonuses. I enjoy getting the opportunity to talk to all the people and tell them all about our products and company. I've learned so much about impact windows and doors.

I don't plan on leaving this position. I would like to grow with this company. There are so many great opportunities to move up.
Pros
I have the potential to make more money!
Cons
none, so far.
Don't expect to be there long if you don't get any sales.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2018
In order for us to continue working we have to get a "lead" That is making an appointment for a customer to have their house inspected. And this is a rare site, they have us in sams and Bj's hounding people to make an appointment.

The thing is that its so rare to get one because first you gotta get a home owner and the home owner is gonna have to be interested. Tons of people rent or live in apartment or condos and they don't qualify you are suppose to get 4 every day or else you get yelled at and get your hours cut. They don't even let you change up how you sell or pitch the product to the people it has to be their way or nothing. Even though there are better ways to get people interested.

We have to lie to the potential clients and tell them its part of their membership and not "Free" even though it is free they don't like you using that word for some reason.

Sometimes the stores are empty and sometimes they are full both times you will get people that don't want anything to do with you but don't let management hear you say that because apparently "there is no such thing as a slow day" even if you try you're hardest and end up with nothing it is you're own fault.

They also limit you're lunch to 30 minutes even if you work 8 hours a day they just schedule you to have less than 40 hours to make up for it so it is not a full time job.
Pros
Friendly people.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is expected that all of the customers are not going to be interested- the task is to have the right conversations with the right people. As a valued partner, we are not allowed to "hound" customers. If you would like to excel at this position, please seek practical marketing training from your supervisor or a successful team member. Otherwise, you are welcome to apply for other positions that you may qualify for at our office in Jacksonville.

Also, employees who work over 30 hours are considered full-time and a 30-min break is standard. We do schedule our representatives between 35 to 40 hours per week. If you would like more hours or need assistance, please get in touch with your manager or a HR representative.

Productive and fun with ping pong table
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2018
Salaray is all commission, but if youre lucky you can get multiple sales which is a decent check. There will be slumps, but our monthly bills dont slow down. Also, you have to be outside walking for about 4 hours a day in the rain or heat.
Pros
Laid back, More free time outside of work, Big commissions
Cons
Sales dont occure too often and consistant. Too much politics amongst management.
Stay away!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 19, 2018
They lie when you get hired and say you can get overtime and there have quarterly bonuses. They do not care about there employees.They do not train properly.There customer service sucks. They only care about installing there millions of dollars each month and not about the quality of an installation.There turn over ratio is crazy.Very shady and cut throat company. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY DO NOT APPLY HERE....
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your experience was not the best and wish that you had known to access the necessary resources before leaving the company. Customer service and quality workmanship are important and vital to company success, and as we grow, we aim to appreciate both our clientele and staff in better ways. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 22, 2018
It was a good place to work for in the beginning but then because of issues the company was having with cost of marketing and advertising they wanted to cut employees hours and pay because they were spending too much money to advertise there company.
March 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly unlikely that we would shorthand our employees because of marketing and advertising costs. On the contrary- we need skilled manpower to handle the results of spending more to generate business. If you would like to work more hours and earn more, please get in touch with HR and Recruiting about any open positions that may suit your qualifications.

Good company
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2018
its a great place to work if you like a competitive, safe,and fun workplace, you can also make great money there too, The boss are cool and fun to work with and i would definitely recommend this place to everyone to work
Pros
pay
benefits
March 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that benefits are available if you work full-time hours.

Cool place to work.
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Good part time job, enjoyed it a lot. Would recommend. Typical days were standing outside for 8 hours under the sun, and I learned that you have to be very persistent.
March 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your position in the Street Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Home Improvement Associates. Our community is ready to answer.