Florida Home Improvement Associates Employee Reviews

Good Money for Little Responsibility
In-Store Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2019
This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a team environment with a strong sense of family. We make really good money for what we are asked to do. Leadership is very accommodating to our needs and provides us with the necessary training and tools to be successful. If you don't like talking to people or being on your feet all day, this probably isn't the job for you.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lots of Standing and Walking
Not what it seemed
Customer Support Specialist/sales (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FL but is Technically Ft. LauderdaleMarch 6, 2019
I was under the impression I would work as a Customer Support Specialist. Come to find out its a sales position. Now I have to look for another job. Liars
Pros
Not micromanaged, 2 paid 20 minute breaks, 1 hour lunch break, network with cool people I just met
Cons
Lied about position, revolving door, no one knows anything, Must meet your quota weekly(30 leads), Must work 6 days a week to get 40 hours
March 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Our Customer Support Specialist position is an inbound customer service and data entry position in our call center. Perhaps you were offered Web Marketing because the managers felt that you had more advanced skill sets: you were thoroughly explained the Web Marketing position before attending the interview.

Great company
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2019
I really love working with everyone here in this company. They are fun and great people to work with. There's a lot of walking and dealing with all sorts of weather conditions.
Easy to make extra money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2019
For only working in the evenings for no more than maybe 5 hours a day monday through friday, super easy work, easy to learn, but must be willing to learn the word "NO"
Job where you get what you put in,
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2019
I've been with the company a couple months now. I like the idea of getting paid on my performance and the work I put in rather then some full hourly job where there is really no room for growth. Relaxed atmosphere, ping pong table, nice people. It's not meant for anyone, if you don't have a good work ethic or are self-motivated, you probably wouldn't do well here. If you can put in the effort, and are driven, can be a great opportunity.
Pros
Ping Pong table, relaxed, is high pay for good performers
Cons
If you not personable, or hard-working, probably wont work out for you.
Dont work here its a big scam ‼️‼️‼️‼️
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2019
They Are So Unorganized , They Take Forever To Do Things , Been Working There And Still Have Yet To Get A Badge And A Work T-Shirt . They Have You Knocking From Door 2 Door In Neighborhoods Where Not Even Suppose To Be In . They Say They Pay You For Training , And Still Have Yet To Get Paid For Training . Poor Communication . Keep In Touch With You For Two Days And Dont Hear From Them After That . Their Suppose To Be The Most Biggest Company In Florida But Yet Have No Benefits , Something Not Right ‼️‼️‼️
Cons
No Benefits, Unorganized, Paid Off Commission, Fake Salary
February 18, 2019

After reviewing your comments, it has come to our attention that you were contracted with a 3rd party marketing team that is currently in Tampa.

Please take note that if you are employed with FHIA, you sign-on as a W-4 employee.

We apologize for the misunderstanding and the matter has been taken to the Marketing Director.

February 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. If you have an issue with your paycheck, you must get in touch with the Payroll Manager to verify. As of today, all of our Tampa representatives are uniformed after they have completed training.

We do offer paid training, benefits are offered to employees who work full-time hours between 60-90 days, and part-time employees are not eligible for benefits in general.

Again, please get in touch with HR if you have any issues to address. Thank you.

Nice environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Very friendly but easy to get distracted. You receive a high volume number of calls, so if you can’t multit the job might be a little hard for you. They have great benefits as far as PTO and paid holidays
Pros
Commission and hourly pay
Cons
Short breaks
its a very good job with nice people to work with
In-Store Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2018
a normal day at work is showing up and setting up you area and speak to all the customer and offer the product inform and the details of the product as well as financing
Decent job decent pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2018
Not a terrible job if you don't mind standing outside and like to talk to people.
Lot of ups and downs in the commission pay but has decent hourly rate as well. Management could be more organized.
Pros
Flexibility
Stay Away
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The worst organization I was ever a part of. The organization is the least ethical - routinely doing customer work without permits and duping customers into purchasing products that they could not afford.
Productive,Fun and outgoing
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Talking to potential clients on what we have to offer home improvement wise.

Daily meetings on what we have to work on and what we're doing right.

Communication is great between managers and employees.

Solid position, if you're looking for consistent work and pay.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Team Building Events
Cons
30 min breaks
Previous “marketing representative”..knocking door to door salesmen.
Marketing representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Horrible work done to customers. Dishonest sales reps send in contracts that sold when customer never agreed to purchase work. One time a homeowner called me back and said her brand new roof she bought from us is leaking and no one came out to fix it. Unprofessional fellow employees as well. Resembles a pyramid scheme honestly.
Pros
Ping pong table
Cons
Walk 6+ miles a day in 90 degree weather, dishonest company, need luck just to make money
Room for Growth
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2018
The workplace is balanced- it can be intense or relaxed when needed. There are a lot of different personalities and skill sets to work with that are not unusual- every company is diverse.

I learned that to prove oneself, you must get the job done exceptionally and make yourself an asset. Just showing up and clocking in and out will not do you any favors. It is a private, family-run business, and each person- especially with the growth that is being experienced- must wear different hats now and then. It's not ideal, but it is a necessary pain.

I love that despite being a family business, it is a serious contender in Florida's home-remodeling industry, having relationships with national wholesalers, local TV and radio, and doing millions in business.

My coworkers envelop a snapshot of the working American- different cultures, education and trades. Everyone must complement one another for the company to thrive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with company politics and getting our current systems to improve (just because we are doing stellar as compared to last year doesn't mean that we can't be better.). There are so many moving parts that it can be a challenge to orchestrate everything smoothly... It's just grown so quickly in a short amount of years that old systems just have to be revamped or replaced entirely to remain competitive and even sustain the success that we are having.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the growth is tangible. The owner of the company is hands-on, and there are career opportunities for those who seek it out and ask for
  more... it. It's the next best thing to working for yourself, which is my background.  less
Pros
Love the potential in this company. Slowly but surely, management is making changes to really show employee appreciation and incentivize performance.
Cons
There should be more transparency in the sales and marketing divisions, there should be a clear path or structure to promote from within.
Productive and fun place with ping pon table
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2018
Enjoy working for Florida Home Improvement; mainly interested in new career advancements.
My coworkers are great prosperous and productive individuals. Making phone calls and organizing schedule was a pleasure: I help facilitate leads experience in purchasing hurricane impact windows and doors to protect their home.
Pros
2 20 minutes Break
Cons
Needs more benefits
Great Work/Life Balance
Retail Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
Interact with over 2000+ Customers inside retail stores like Sams Club, BJ's Wholesale, & JC Penny's. Great training when it comes to lead generation. Love the fact that you work directly with your Regional Manager so if anything comes up and need a question answered they are a phone call away. One of my biggest challenges i come across on a daily is taking NO's all day to get a yes, but when you get a lead at the end of the day it pays off for the struggle of the job with a great compensation plan...
Pros
Bonuses, Weekly Compensation plan, & Working your own hours.
Cons
Taking NO's
Would not recommend working there.
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville floridaAugust 7, 2018
Working there is more stress than the jib required. The have high expectations that they say should be met in a day. But the hours to meet these expectations are not there. The new manager comes is undertrained. The regional manager is rude and condescending.
Excellent Company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2018
Productive, fun place to work. Great company to work for ,awesome management staff. enjoyable job making friends, meeting new customers, company provides excellent product and service !
Pros
Work Hours, pay, awesome management
I didn’t like it
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2018
I learned a lot from this job my communication and customer service skills were defiantly improved but I didn’t like the work trying to get people to sign up for a free estimate, I felt like I could do something better
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Had to drive a lot, the work
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If qualified, there are more opportunities available in our other entry-level marketing and sales divisions that you may excel in. They also do require an additional interview and skills test where applicable. You are welcome to apply.

not that great
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 9, 2018
They hire and fire you within the 90 days so they don't have to offer benefits.management is terrible, nobody knows a thing about the window business.
Great place for go-getters and the motivated.
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLMay 7, 2018
This company for the most part gives you incentives for performance. The harder you work the more money you can make.

Definitely not an environment for people who aren't ready to roll up their sleeves and grind it out. Fortunately when you do, they can make it very lucrative. Not for lazy or negative people.

They give you the platform and foundation to be very successful. Plenty of growth and ways to get paid. Those that fail, have no one to blame but themselves!
Pros
Fun, High Income Potential, Recreation, Great People
Cons
Not for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Home Improvement Associates. Our community is ready to answer.