Florida Home Improvement Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Company
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2018
Productive, fun place to work. Great company to work for ,awesome management staff. enjoyable job making friends, meeting new customers, company provides excellent product and service !
Pros
Work Hours, pay, awesome management
not that great
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 9, 2018
They hire and fire you within the 90 days so they don't have to offer benefits.management is terrible, nobody knows a thing about the window business.
Great place for go-getters and the motivated.
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLMay 7, 2018
This company for the most part gives you incentives for performance. The harder you work the more money you can make.

Definitely not an environment for people who aren't ready to roll up their sleeves and grind it out. Fortunately when you do, they can make it very lucrative. Not for lazy or negative people.

They give you the platform and foundation to be very successful. Plenty of growth and ways to get paid. Those that fail, have no one to blame but themselves!
Pros
Fun, High Income Potential, Recreation, Great People
Cons
Not for everyone.
Great company!
Outbound Sales Representative/ HR Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2018
This was the best company I ever worked for. I grew within the company from the call center to HR/Recruiting and it only took me nine months. Every manager I met there was awesome, really funny, but also knew how to work hard. I made a lot of money at this company because I worked for it and they provided me an opportunity to do so. The company its self is pretty amazing; to be in every BJ's and Sam's club throughout the entire state of Florida is remarkable. Also, the company is stable and growing like never before, when I left they had five offices around the state of FL. The CEO/Owner is always present when truly he doesn't have to be but he continues to grow his business consistently. FHIA taught me a lot and if it wasn't for me leaving FL I would still be there continuing to grow within the company; this has been the most stable company in the state of Florida I have ever worked for. .
Pros
Finances, growth, stability, people, culture, and trust.
Cons
It was a little far from my past residency.
Great Culture!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2018
This is by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing and management is always at arm's length to help out. A day in the life is never the same which makes this a fun fast paced environment to work in. FHIA has provided me with tons of support and I am learning and growing daily here. I thoroughly enjoy the team environment and look forward to a secured future within the organization.
Pros
culture, type of work
Cons
none !
Great place to work!
entry level marketing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2018
I currently work for FHIA as an Entry Level Marketing Representative. This is a great job opportunity for a recent grad like myself. For an entry level job, this pays very well. I have many opportunities to make more money, with the commissions and bonuses. I enjoy getting the opportunity to talk to all the people and tell them all about our products and company. I've learned so much about impact windows and doors.

I don't plan on leaving this position. I would like to grow with this company. There are so many great opportunities to move up.
Pros
I have the potential to make more money!
Cons
none, so far.
Don't expect to be there long if you don't get any sales.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2018
In order for us to continue working we have to get a "lead" That is making an appointment for a customer to have their house inspected. And this is a rare site, they have us in sams and Bj's hounding people to make an appointment.

The thing is that its so rare to get one because first you gotta get a home owner and the home owner is gonna have to be interested. Tons of people rent or live in apartment or condos and they don't qualify you are suppose to get 4 every day or else you get yelled at and get your hours cut. They don't even let you change up how you sell or pitch the product to the people it has to be their way or nothing. Even though there are better ways to get people interested.

We have to lie to the potential clients and tell them its part of their membership and not "Free" even though it is free they don't like you using that word for some reason.

Sometimes the stores are empty and sometimes they are full both times you will get people that don't want anything to do with you but don't let management hear you say that because apparently "there is no such thing as a slow day" even if you try you're hardest and end up with nothing it is you're own fault.

They also limit you're lunch to 30 minutes even if you work 8 hours a day they just schedule you to have less than 40 hours to make up for it so it is not a full time job.
Pros
Friendly people.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is expected that all of the customers are not going to be interested- the task is to have the right conversations with the right people. As a valued partner, we are not allowed to "hound" customers. If you would like to excel at this position, please seek practical marketing training from your supervisor or a successful team member. Otherwise, you are welcome to apply for other positions that you may qualify for at our office in Jacksonville.

Also, employees who work over 30 hours are considered full-time and a 30-min break is standard. We do schedule our representatives between 35 to 40 hours per week. If you would like more hours or need assistance, please get in touch with your manager or a HR representative.

Productive and fun with ping pong table
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 25, 2018
Salaray is all commission, but if youre lucky you can get multiple sales which is a decent check. There will be slumps, but our monthly bills dont slow down. Also, you have to be outside walking for about 4 hours a day in the rain or heat.
Pros
Laid back, More free time outside of work, Big commissions
Cons
Sales dont occure too often and consistant. Too much politics amongst management.
Stay away!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 19, 2018
They lie when you get hired and say you can get overtime and there have quarterly bonuses. They do not care about there employees.They do not train properly.There customer service sucks. They only care about installing there millions of dollars each month and not about the quality of an installation.There turn over ratio is crazy.Very shady and cut throat company. IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY DO NOT APPLY HERE....
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your experience was not the best and wish that you had known to access the necessary resources before leaving the company. Customer service and quality workmanship are important and vital to company success, and as we grow, we aim to appreciate both our clientele and staff in better ways. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 22, 2018
It was a good place to work for in the beginning but then because of issues the company was having with cost of marketing and advertising they wanted to cut employees hours and pay because they were spending too much money to advertise there company.
March 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly unlikely that we would shorthand our employees because of marketing and advertising costs. On the contrary- we need skilled manpower to handle the results of spending more to generate business. If you would like to work more hours and earn more, please get in touch with HR and Recruiting about any open positions that may suit your qualifications.

Want to know more about Florida Home Improvement Associates?

Ask a question
Good company
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2018
its a great place to work if you like a competitive, safe,and fun workplace, you can also make great money there too, The boss are cool and fun to work with and i would definitely recommend this place to everyone to work
Pros
pay
benefits
March 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that benefits are available if you work full-time hours.

Cool place to work.
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Good part time job, enjoyed it a lot. Would recommend. Typical days were standing outside for 8 hours under the sun, and I learned that you have to be very persistent.
March 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your position in the Street Team.

Great Work Environment, means to succeed, and a company that invests in you!
Branch Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 17, 2018
I moved 2 years ago from Pa to Florida with nothing but clothes in my car and a small savings account. Anyone from Pa knows that job opportunities and growth is hard to come by. FHIA was the first company to interview me and I have been with them since.

The jobs hours offer you full time pay for part time work! I was able to have a normal social life, go to beach , and still see my family without the burden of lengthily work hours over my head. This job is for those who want to be paid for the work they put into it and are tired of hourly jobs that pay you pennies for strenuous work.

My previous work history is in Food and Beverage and i had no marketing experience, but with the hands on training everyday helped me rise to the top. No other company spends that much training into their employees like this one. So with the right mindset and positive attitude anyone could really do this job. If you can walk and talk with confidence then your good to go!

After 6 months of working with the company, they saw my work ethic and how i carried myself and started training me into management! Within a year i was promoted to marketing manager and i cant tell you how much financial freedom i have now! Marketing/Sales is something everyone can learn and it has its learning curves of productive months to slow months, but equal opportunity is there! Everyone is given the same chances, and now I'm currently being trained to be an office manager of an entire branch on the West Coast!

Looking for growth, fun ,competitive, cooperative, and well structured company to work for this is
  more... it! Looking for endless job, no motivation, cut-throat environment, and little pay then this is not the job for you!  less
Pros
Benefits, Fun Work Environment, Competitive and Cooperative management
Lack of training makes for unpleasent days
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Executive management is a farce. OJT is common, but since the direction of the company is always changing, perfecting your trade is difficult if not down right un-achievable.
Employees work very hard for little to no advancement or pay increases. Salaried employees (if bonus structure is set up) pays nicely, but many hours will consume your personal life
Pros
bonuses if available
Cons
as stated above
January 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that you are always welcome to discuss your concerns with HR. The company has indeed grown quickly and as a result, many employees have had to adapt and have different responsibilities. Pay increases and advancements are always available to an employee that has a proven track record of success.

Not what they make it seem like when you go to the interview
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 7, 2018
In the interview they tell you that you have great opportunity and a great chance to make money. It is door to door sales and you are required to keep track and harass everyone that agrees to an in home visit from the salesman until the day their appointment is. The call center never works with you as a team and gives up on the customers very easily. Overall not a good place to work at. Also, takes forever for a sale to go through and you have no control over it. The job of "field specialist" is just to get your foot in the door for the salesman. Very hard to work hard when your money isn't in your hands.
January 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. In 2018, the company has already implemented new measures to account for the volume of marketing, sales, and installations that are taking place. Our Field Marketing Representatives now earn more bonuses to balance the relationship between their department and Sales. The compensation is now more lucrative and fair. Departments are now working together to be more efficient. We are sorry that your experience was not the best and wish you good luck on your future endeavors.

This job sucked, and was a waste of time. ALMOST ALL SALES FALL THROUGH
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 2, 2017
Company doesn't care about you, you're nothing but a number to them. Rhey care only about self growth. The owner is greedy and only cares about money. You could hustle everyday getting leads, but if they don't sell its a waste of time. Not to mention, if you do get leads and they "sell" they will fall through. The lack of caring is crazy, you can sell sell sell, but if something goes wrong in another department or the bank, or their credit, there goes your sale, and now you OWE MONEY TO THE COMPANY. If you get paid hourly its considered owing money to the company. And when you make a sale, they take the money you "OWE" them back, as if you didn't sit in the hot sun earning that money. Company is unfair with the things they do, promise you you'll make sales and make $50k-$100k a year. But only one person thats not a manager makes that, and like I said, even if you make a sale, it can and most likely will fall through and you owe money now. Also the money isn't in your hands, the sales team can mess it all up, and your solid lead wont sell, because someone else doesn't know how to do their job correctly. Not worth it, left two other jobs because this one promised so much. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
Pros
Nice team, ping pong, funny environment
Cons
Owner doesnt care, only cares about money, you can try but will fail
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. This position has a draw against commission, which is explained in the interview and your new hire paperwork that is signed on the first day. We do have 10-12 representatives who have been with us for a year and do earn the promised projections. Commission-based positions are not for everyone as there are many ups and downs, but it can be very rewarding. We are sorry that it was not a great experience for you, but we wish you well on your future endeavors.

Great Company
Sales representatives (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2017
Great work environment, everyone is very helpful and friendly, great opportunity for growth and development within the company. Definitely recommend.
Deleted my last review
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 31, 2017
Bunch of morons posting bogus job descriptions. Needed a "warehouse manager" but showed up and told me it was a clerical error and they just needed warehouse labor. Delete my review again and I post the name of the coke heads in the local and corporate offices who are posting false advertisements.
Cons
Completely bogus
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are unable to delete reviews, but using abusive language violates Indeed's guidelines. Our warehouse managers are required to do hands-on work as well. We are sorry that is was not evident to you before your interview. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Opportunity for Growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2017
The workplace is balanced- it can be intense or relaxed when needed. There are a lot of different personalities and skill sets to work with that are not unusual- every company is diverse.

I learned that to prove oneself, you must get the job done exceptionally and make yourself an asset. Just showing up and clocking in and out will not do you any favors. It is a private, family-run business, and each person- especially with the growth that is being experienced- must wear different hats now and then. It's not ideal, but it is a necessary pain.

I love that despite being a family business, it is a serious contender in Florida's home-remodeling industry, having relationships with national wholesalers, local TV and radio, and doing millions in business.

My coworkers envelop a snapshot of the working American- different cultures, education and trades. Everyone must complement one another for the company to thrive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with company politics and getting our current systems to improve (just because we are doing stellar as compared to last year doesn't mean that we can't be better.). There are so many moving parts that it can be a challenge to orchestrate everything smoothly..

The most enjoyable part of the job is that the growth is tangible. The owner of the company is hands-on, and there are career opportunities for those who seek it out and ask for it. It's the next best thing to working for yourself, which is my background.

There is still a lot that needs to be worked on. As long as we have certain people in leadership, certain things
  more... will not change. I hope that as we grow, the necessary changes are made so that the company can sustain and grow its success.  less
Pros
Family environment, growth opportunities, incentives and bonuses
Cons
Not all of the departments offer the same opportunities, but that can change
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and we are definitely working on better incentives for all departments. We are pleased to share that our 401 (k) is the best in our industry, and encourage you and our full-timers to take part.

Please feel free to connect with HR regarding room for improvement.

unfair job
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 9, 2017
uncomfortable about going to low income neighborhoods everyday accumulating no leads when others go to expensive places where people can afford the cost of the products to where they more than likely get the sale
October 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We only have one Marketing Director in the state, and it is unlikely that he left his comment. The mentioned neighborhoods actually yield the most volume and we have been quite successful in all areas- regardless of income level. If you do have concerns or issues, please get in touch with HR or speak to your direct Supervisors to discuss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Home Improvement Associates. Our community is ready to answer.