Florida Hospital Medical Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
I am a very hard working and very independed and always on time for job duties and like to get along with my employee. Love take of my patients needs. hope health healing is agood hospital they believe in help they employer out who in needs of help. they also have voluteers that help peoples that are going throught things in life it are a really hospital to work for
Job satisfaction
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 11, 2018
There is great effort on education to the entire staff about patient experiences, less on employee satisfaction and retention. I observed a huge staff turnaround, poor nurse training and overall staff dissatisfaction in job and work environments.
Grew to fast
Office Manger/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 29, 2018
When originally hired in 1998 the company was newer and was a great place to work. You were listened to and they promoted from with. it was like one big family. No cut throat atmosphere. Unfortunately it grew to quick. Lack of communication and failure to promote individuals with experience vs individuals with degrees. Pay was not within the job duties and hours performed. Did not have the support of administration.
Spiritual Faith based working environment
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 21, 2018
I enjoy working within a spiritual faith based organization. Alike many other companies there are busy stressful days. One of the things that stood out to me the most in those stressful days, was the teamwork that I have experienced first hand here.
Pros
Working with great people in a great environment.
Cons
The distance from my workplace to my home .
A challenge
Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 11, 2018
This position requires the ability to learn multiple EMR systems and then be able to teach those systems to healthcare providers. Must be able to multi-multi task.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
multiple systems to learn
Nice Company
Medical Assistant Rma (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2018
Treating and caring for patients, the way you would like to be treated when I go to a physician. Striving every day to be better. The culture is well mixed. The most amazing thing about the job, you get to become a better person.
Pros
You never stop learning
Cons
Short break
Great company, horrible office specifically
Medical front office (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
I worked in medical oncology and hematology in the cancer institute, the office is part of FHMG which is a good company to work for. This office specifically was so unorganized. They had people quitting left and right. Patient would ask why there is new people all the time. The truth is the doctors were great with their patients but the office manager could not get it together for the staff assignments. Half of the time people could not figure out what was and was not under their tasks. I feel bad for the manager she was great but they would always deny her any extra help or staff. I hope it gets better since we are trying to help these patient going thru a hard time in their life.
Pros
Nice doctors and patients
Cons
Unorganized
Terrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2018
Management was terrible from the direct manager of the office up to the manager overseeing 5 practices. Upper management would come into office scowling, never speak to employees or asked for any feedback. Manager worked to turn employees against each other instead of team environment.
Cons
No direction, on the job training with yourself, gossip driven versus fact driven
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work is the process I was told yesterday changed somehow overnight and was not communicated to me. Now today I am being talked too because I didn't follow procedures that were not given to me. This cycle continues daily and sometimes spins out of control more days than others. Everyone wants to be the boss. Everyone has an opinion. But no one is accountable for their part of the groups daily negativity. I just want to do my job, make patients happy while learning something new and go home. It is a sad place to work for. No driving for results or pateint happiness. It's a free for all.Total chaos.
Pleasant place to work
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I would come into work greet my coworkers with a smile, sit at my desk and get my work done. If I had questions or needed help I could always count on my coworkers to assist me unless it was something that only my supervisor would know the answer too.
Pros
Nice enviroment, we all got along well together. We treated each other with respect.
Go somewhere else
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Not worth it, they do not appreciate you. Management is only there to not help you succeed. They feed you empty promises and when you ask for help none is given.
Not Good
Interim Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Really, not good, like not pleasant, no development opportunities, minimal valuation of internal talent. horrific turnover. clearly not the best option in the area
management
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 22, 2018
My office manger was the best , she was very caring, professional and understanding. She made sure there was always extra help when need be, she did understand personal /family problems to an extent as required by her position. If there was not enough help , she put that hat on that day.
Favoritism
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2018
I've been in the Medical field over 25 years and with the current position that I hold is not fun. I've learned that management with in this organization have favorites and they gossip.The culture in this office is the pits with micromanaging. There is nothing hard about my job nor challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job is my ability to assist my patients with scheduling there surgeries and being able to assist them throughout the entire process of their surgery.
Benefits
Cons
Low compensation
Certified Medical Assisting
Neurosurgeon, Urologist & Dermatologist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Experience at Florida Hospital Medical Group was a great one with fantastic medical personnel, variety in work environment, organized and supportive management and high pay and good benefits.
Has potential but its not there unless upper management tackles the issues
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLJanuary 11, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the people you're working with 8 hrs per day for 5 days. Poor management affects retention, and also affects communication levels which in turn affects everyone as a team. However you do learn a lot if you land with the correct team that's willing to teach you everything.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
too much drama, poor management, alot of cut throats and 2 face gossipers as if in a high school environment
productive and fun environment
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2017
Florida Hospital Medical Group is a very good company to work. The most enjoyable part of my day is caring for my patients on a daily basis on their skin conditions. The environment is fun and makes the day go by easy and enjoyable.
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 4, 2017
New leadership likes to micromanage everything. They keep adding reports to the day which decreases the engagement with staff and patients. Definitely not physician led and its about quantity and RVUs and not quality.
Collaborative & Fast-Paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 4, 2017
I love the mission and value of the company! It is fast-paced, but the atmosphere is open and I enjoyed working with different teams. Overall, a nice place to work.
Poor Management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 24, 2017
Very poor management. Have gone through a handful of CEO's in a very little amount of time. They claim to be religious, but they hide behind that idea.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.