Florida Hospital Medical Group Employee Reviews

Motivational Workplace
Interim Float Pool Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Organization that is mission driven and allows opportunity for growth. Has a positive workplace culture while allowing for support of one another with constructive criticism if necessary.
Challenging environment committed to excellence and quality
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 27, 2018
Solid and professional work environment. Opportunities for growth for committed employees. Their mission is and values are reflected in the way they care for their patients and staff. They are community focused and invest in the local community. Their leaders are competent and highly respected.
Pros
Excellent network with top professionals
Cons
Long hours for managment
Good over all
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
It is a good company to work for especially if you are just out of school. Many specialties and locations. The pay could be much better. They should also improve the possibilities for advancement.
I want to grow
Established Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 6, 2018
I rather not discuss. I just want to move foward and find something that works for my family and my peace of mind. There is no growth where I am I want to grow in a company.
Poor staff appreciation and overwork
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrlanJuly 26, 2018
Workload increases every day with the expectations to do 3 people job for 1 pay. Management does not appreciate staff and the company does not support opportunity for learning and development. The company promotes the providers being always right and not treating staff as equally important as the providers. Not overtime is encouraged but all the work needs to be done on time despite that we have to run clinic and phone calls and all other duties. We have no administrative time to do extra work. It is very difficult to get time off approved. Staff schedule keeps changing constantly even though provider schedule does not change. Management is constantly in your shoulders telling you what you did wrong and about the never ending changes in procedures.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management and workload; no holiday pay
Florida Hospital...Right company or not??
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great Company but low pay. Very hard to get interviews when applying, its like you have to apply to 100 to even get a call back on one. Benefits could be better and cost less to the employees.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
I am a very hard working and very independed and always on time for job duties and like to get along with my employee. Love take of my patients needs. hope health healing is agood hospital they believe in help they employer out who in needs of help. they also have voluteers that help peoples that are going throught things in life it are a really hospital to work for
Job satisfaction
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 11, 2018
There is great effort on education to the entire staff about patient experiences, less on employee satisfaction and retention. I observed a huge staff turnaround, poor nurse training and overall staff dissatisfaction in job and work environments.
Amazing Place
Float Pool/ Human Resource Internship (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 10, 2018
This is an amazing company to be a part of. They have great value and really care about there employees. everyone in the company works as a team and feels like family.
Grew to fast
Office Manger/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 29, 2018
When originally hired in 1998 the company was newer and was a great place to work. You were listened to and they promoted from with. it was like one big family. No cut throat atmosphere. Unfortunately it grew to quick. Lack of communication and failure to promote individuals with experience vs individuals with degrees. Pay was not within the job duties and hours performed. Did not have the support of administration.

Want to know more about Florida Hospital Medical Group?

Ask a question
Spiritual Faith based working environment
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 21, 2018
I enjoy working within a spiritual faith based organization. Alike many other companies there are busy stressful days. One of the things that stood out to me the most in those stressful days, was the teamwork that I have experienced first hand here.
Pros
Working with great people in a great environment.
Cons
The distance from my workplace to my home .
A challenge
Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 11, 2018
This position requires the ability to learn multiple EMR systems and then be able to teach those systems to healthcare providers. Must be able to multi-multi task.
Pros
flexibility with schedule
Cons
multiple systems to learn
Nice Company
Medical Assistant Rma (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2018
Treating and caring for patients, the way you would like to be treated when I go to a physician. Striving every day to be better. The culture is well mixed. The most amazing thing about the job, you get to become a better person.
Pros
You never stop learning
Cons
Short break
Great company, horrible office specifically
Medical front office (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
I worked in medical oncology and hematology in the cancer institute, the office is part of FHMG which is a good company to work for. This office specifically was so unorganized. They had people quitting left and right. Patient would ask why there is new people all the time. The truth is the doctors were great with their patients but the office manager could not get it together for the staff assignments. Half of the time people could not figure out what was and was not under their tasks. I feel bad for the manager she was great but they would always deny her any extra help or staff. I hope it gets better since we are trying to help these patient going thru a hard time in their life.
Pros
Nice doctors and patients
Cons
Unorganized
Terrible management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2018
Management was terrible from the direct manager of the office up to the manager overseeing 5 practices. Upper management would come into office scowling, never speak to employees or asked for any feedback. Manager worked to turn employees against each other instead of team environment.
Cons
No direction, on the job training with yourself, gossip driven versus fact driven
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work is the process I was told yesterday changed somehow overnight and was not communicated to me. Now today I am being talked too because I didn't follow procedures that were not given to me. This cycle continues daily and sometimes spins out of control more days than others. Everyone wants to be the boss. Everyone has an opinion. But no one is accountable for their part of the groups daily negativity. I just want to do my job, make patients happy while learning something new and go home. It is a sad place to work for. No driving for results or pateint happiness. It's a free for all.Total chaos.
Pleasant place to work
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I would come into work greet my coworkers with a smile, sit at my desk and get my work done. If I had questions or needed help I could always count on my coworkers to assist me unless it was something that only my supervisor would know the answer too.
Pros
Nice enviroment, we all got along well together. We treated each other with respect.
Go somewhere else
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Not worth it, they do not appreciate you. Management is only there to not help you succeed. They feed you empty promises and when you ask for help none is given.
Not Good
Interim Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Really, not good, like not pleasant, no development opportunities, minimal valuation of internal talent. horrific turnover. clearly not the best option in the area
management
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 22, 2018
My office manger was the best , she was very caring, professional and understanding. She made sure there was always extra help when need be, she did understand personal /family problems to an extent as required by her position. If there was not enough help , she put that hat on that day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about