Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,913 reviews matching the search See all 1,920 reviews
Christian based
Clinical Coordinator/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLAugust 16, 2018
Good culture to work in, team players, good employees and management. Learned leadership. Night hours offered with differential, but not good fit for me. Wanted to teach nursing
Pros
Incentive program
Cons
not enough time
Fsat-paced setting with heavy work loads at times. Under pressure to reduce costs and find all opportunites with a goal to be a pacesetter for change
Food Service Director Celebration Health (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 15, 2018
Good company to work with a strong sense for community. Working to truly demonstrate their religious roots to patients, staff and guests. Currently under going tremendous change at a rapid pace while remaining busy.
Pros
Well established, long tenured staff.
Cons
Heavy workload for staff, lots of rapid change taking place.
Improvement
DIET OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 14, 2018
Needs some improvement. Not all the managers have the your best interest. The benefits and perks are great. Facility is up to date, clean, state the art.
Fun workplace
Health Unit Coordinator (Per Diem) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
The workplace is full of energy. To come to work knowing you're about to make a difference in someones life is the best experience ever! I love working for Fl Hospital
Florida Hospital
HISTOTECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
This hospital is a great place to work for if you are at East Orlando/Orlando and winter park campus. Daytona campus - not so great. Manager of the Cancer Institute CTR is controlling, aggressive and offers no positive feedback only negative. I am now a CTR and getting ready to move on to research other companies.
Wonderful Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Working at the university for Florida hospital was a real pleasure. They really do live their mission or nurture, excellence, spirituality and stewardship.
Cons
parking- had to rely on a shuttle service to get to campus
I enjoy my job, i just want to keep my household in order.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Orlando,fFloridaAugust 8, 2018
I enjoy my job, wit the market and the Census going up and down and being very unpredictable. I would like to have other options to make sure i can continue to keep my household in financial order.
Pros
It has been a great company to work for.
Cons
Pediatrics is quite hard to know if you will have all of your scheduled shift hours.
It a daily learning environment
CST (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2018
I have learned a lot since I have been working there and I am still continue to learn. Every day when I go to work sometimes one might have an idea what to expect especially during a busy time; the work load could be overwhelmed.
A great facility
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2018
Christian based facility where you can pray with your patient and or family member is amazing. Everyday is a new journey.
When working as a team makes for a great day, being able to meet our patient's needs and making them comfortable keeping them safe and secure in the environment away from home, while healing.
Pros
Administration cares about their employees and patients.
Cons
The life of a hospital busy sometimes lunches are quick because we care about our patients.
Great place to work. More like a family.
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. Felt more like a family. Very understanding management and ability to grow and advance in skills. Multiple locations to work at within or outside of the hospital.
great company to start your career with
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2018
Working 3rd shift at Florida hospital helped me open my eyes to real life. I learned a lot in the medical field and had the opportunity to meet different level of staff.
always loved working there
Assistant Nurse Manager Perinatal High Risk Unit (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Loved having a spiritual support with chaplains always available. This is a wonderful place to work and advance throughout years and has always been a place of support.
Pros
great spiritual support
Cons
stressful situations sometimes
no review
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Over work and under paid for work and lot of back stabbing and Favoritism with management lot of racism but they try to cover it up.
they focus on the Latin Americans and African Americans in low paying job no promotion.
Pros
no only 30min
Nice work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 5, 2018
I am very grateful to be an employee with fish memorial. They take care of their employees and value your opinion. A career with florida hospital is something to be proud of
It's A Job
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 4, 2018
Nothing special about working at Florida Hospital North Pinellas. Was hoping for so much more in a Christian faith facility. But it is a job and I am grateful.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement
Non-stressful environment
ECG Technician- Externship (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34744August 3, 2018
Majority of supervision was always there. Perfect place to expand opportunities. You will learn something new everyday. If you love to work hard, your service will show and be rewarded.
Slow paced but educational
RN (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 1, 2018
Although I come from a face paced hospital, it was very disheartening to find things move slowly in Florida. The community was poor income and I was subject to a lot of new and surprising experiences. Overall, I did come to love it!
Pros
people, benefits, education
Cons
pace, limited duties, was a long drive to and from work
Sometimes fast paced and works great with a team effort. Enjoy the experience of being the First contact to the facilityand making that Great impressi
In house staff, and Physician offices (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FL 33872August 1, 2018
Sometimes fast paced and works great when a team effort is made. Enjoy the experience of being the First contact to the facility and making that Great impression.
A great first job to the medical field
Health Information Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 31, 2018
This job taught me a lot about the medical field. I can say it prepped me for the fast pace office environment, I learn a lot of new things at this job along with hospital privacy policies, which are very important no matter where you go.
Pros
enviroment friendly
Cons
the pay
Awesome
Financial Clearance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 30, 2018
This is a good place to work. It is goal oriented and team driven. Assisting patients make s the employees feel good about the work they do. The faith based organization is uplifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight