Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 2,365 reviews matching the search See all 2,375 reviews
team work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2018
Typical day of work is full of new experience
I earned how to deal with all kind of patients
management: if you are with Hardworking manager will be the best, if you are with a lacy nurse manager you will suffer the consequences of her/his behavior
Workplace culture: I loved my own experience. Multicultural, but always very american. Team work
hardest part: when you have a floor with incomplete personal and you have managers like floor number 2 east -west. They are Rude and act like slave-drivers with their personnel.
People working in 5 east were the best
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks, low salary
Florida Hospital - Kissimmee
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 29, 2018
This is the worst work experience I have ever had in my entire career. This hospital is depressing, the majority of nurses and employees feel unhappy, depressed and sad working here. Most people are looking for other jobs to leave the company. Poor management and supervision. They only think in putting pressure, cut hours, lower cost and survey numbers that are not close to what employees really think about the hospital. Overall, there is a very negative spirit surrounding the majority of employees that work in kissimmee. I finally separated from the company. My recommendation to you is, find a career someplace else.
Pros
401k, Pdo
Cons
Poor unskilled management.
Micromanagement and extremely stressful working conditions
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida hospital TampaDecember 22, 2018
I’ve worked at a couple other hospitals and this hospital by far has the most stressful work environment I’ve ever experienced. It felt like the charge nurse and manager were constantly watching me, breathing down my neck. Nurses are constantly micromanaged and scolded and nit picked for any little thing. In addition, the nurse to patient ratio for a PCU is way too high! I think if I stayed I would have become very ill from the stress. According to the other nurses who have worked there for a while, year after year, more and more responsibilities and tasks are put on the nurses. They even make them responsible for scheduling patients follow up appointments (case management work!).
Pros
Somewhat competitive pay
Cons
Short staffed, micro managers, high turnover rate, high stress environment
12 years in various departments as administrative assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Worked in the areas of patient registration, patient finance, education, risk management, clinical effectiveness, patient safety, patient complaints, infection control, research, peer review, stroke and cardiac measures, Joint Commission, Agency for Healthcare Administration. Licensed Risk Manager, Notary Public.
Pros
Opportunities, benefits, culture
Workplace culture appears to be "to exude the Healing Ministry of Christ", however, not all leadership deliver on that mission
Human Resources Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2018
The culture is thoughtful and friendly. Leadership is encouraged to be an example of what Christ's ministry would've been like. Work/Life balance is heavily encouraged, however, from what I observed leaders are highly expected to work way past their 50 hours. High competitiveness among leaders, and employees and favored employees are those within the "circle" of those in power and influence. Its really no different than any other corporate setting.
Pros
Friday afternoons many offices close early.
Cons
Favoritism
experience
Patient Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2018
Good workplace with good benefit, they just need to work fast with employee rising salary end of each year period full-time job.each unit manager they really understood what their employee needs, until this moment I had to different type of job with two different Careers all my experience was perfect with leadership or the management
Cons
30 mintues
Outpatient retail pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2018
Servicing the patients is what kept me going. Dealing with management and co-workers was the challenge. Favoritism to seniority, lack of appreciation, poor communication with new employees, hostile work environment, resistance over new ideas even after being encouraged to do so. If you are hired here, be careful with expressing yourself to co-workers. Certain technicians are 'buddy-buddy' with management and if they don't like you, management will take their word without asking your opinion which will lead to termination. They say it's difficult to get fired here, which may be true for a different department, but not the outpatient pharmacy.
Pros
Discounts with other companies for being an employee
Cons
With time, senior techs become hostile & will make job difficult.
I Liked what I did.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 16, 2018
I think they have pretty good benefits. However, they will change your hours whenever they want to please the doctors. Management wants to save money and sometimes cheap on supplies.
Training and things seemed to change a lot in the lab. They are now training the nurses to draw the blood that will either change my job or be out of one.
They took our break room from us which has made it very hard for certain shifts.
Doctor's orders are often repeated and they don't seem to stop the waist.
Pros
Faith Based so I can pray and share my Faith in Christ.
Cons
Doctors are not very good, small town. They got bad ratings on Drs.
Used to be great for all, buuuutttt........
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  OrlandoOctober 17, 2018
This company used to be great. Not so much anymore. Radiology has been treated so unfairly in the past few years and it seems to be getting worse, the atmosphere is so demeaning, the nurses are hoisted up and Radiology is treated like second class citizens. We have degrees. Yet the company has worked to lower our wages even though Radiology is a money maker for this (and most) companies. They have changed per diem position to “On call” to further lessen our role as a whole. They have used this to lower wages for new hires. It’s pathetic that it has come to this, it was a great company, we are licensed, educated, degree-holding professionals who have a lot of work and pressure put on us and it’s sad that what we get in return is lesser wages and disrespect. Radiology does not have a voice like nurses do and it shows, with how we are treated. There are some providers who cannot do their jobs without our exams and yet we are treated like an outsourced entity. Sad
Pros
Bonuses, raises
Cons
The amount of disrespect to Radiology
Good place to start out, but pay is not very competitive.
Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2018
Florida Hospital offers new nurses an opportunity to join a large organization with lots of room to grow and develop. They have numerous educational programs to assist in advancement.

Unfortunately the average wage is lower than others in the state and the state is already on the lower pay scale as it is. The culture is changing but it is difficult to know how long it will take to be on the cutting edge as a top employer.
Pros
Education and experience
Cons
Low pay
To many poor managers
crcst (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Management in SPD was horrible. If you did not belong to a CLICK,
it was hard to do your job and theirs. Specific people had a different set of rules. Your peers were allowed to have their cell phones, and were constantly on them. They could sit in the office and do absolutely nothing. They were allowed to get away with things they should of not been allowed . They were given special treatment. So if you can not work in a click, then this employer at Winter Park is
not for you .
Pros
great benifits
Cons
very poor management, and special treatment for teachers pet
Too much
Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2018
Upper management is a joke. The high turn over rate is overwhelming. There is no end of problems, the corporate office do NOT listen or provide any incentives to their employees. For a faith based company their is no type of care for there employees.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Short staffed, little raises, no incentives.
Does not live up to its mission
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2018
Over worked Nurses, Techs, housekeepers....Workers are NOT valued at all, Executives understaff so that they can save money and get big bonuses, while the ones doing the foot work can barely get a 1% raise. This place is DECEITFUL and WICKED. also, if your loved one is admitted here and not a VIP, (Related to one in high management or a doctor) dont expect proper treatment, here they only value VIP patients!
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Horrible management, overworked employees
Enjoyed but low pay.
Loch Haven OB/GYN, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2018
I loved working at Loch Haven. The doctors, management and co-workers were wonderful. Great team. I learned about the developmental changes in pregnancy, STD's, Cancer and other female conditions. I only left because for the work you do, they really did not pay well. I stayed almost four years but I needed more money to pay the bills. I would go back in a heartbeat if the incentive was there.
Pros
Great team, health benefits, their mission for Christ.
Cons
Pay
No growth
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2018
I loved the company but... they would not train you to do any other job skills. I worked for them 5 years and had to quit and get job experience elsewhere before they would hire me to change my job. I went and worked for another hospital. They will not transfer you. No advancement. They hire you and keep you at the same job for 30 years.
Manager was terrible and later fired. Doctors were always fighting with the hospital over money. It was not a happy place to work when I worked for them.
Pros
Benefits were good with discounts
Cons
No growth
Great place with great opportunities
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
great place to start off as a graduate nurse. opportunities for advancement and to branch out into other areas are numerous. The benefits are great and continuation of education is encouraged.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
management
Great place to work, too bad it won't last
Support Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2018
Florida Hospital is the best job I ever had. great team, great leadership, and a great culture, even though I'm not religious. Such a supportive organization. My manager pulled me into a meeting, shortly after I started; and we talked about my goals. He developed a strategy and plan for me to move up. He advised leadership classes, department shadowing, and project volunteering. I took advantage of all of it, and three years later, was offered a great promotion. unfortunately it was with the parent company. There are many FH employees fearing the upcoming merger. People have seen coworkers they have worked with for almost 20 years, losing their jobs under the strangest circumstances.
Pros
Great people, great environment, great management
Cons
Expensive benefits, Paid time off is done strangely, Corporate people in your same position often paid higher
Lots of growth and experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 3, 2018
Florida Hospital helped grow me from an inexperienced graduate nurse to an experienced, skilled, critically thinking, confident nurse who was soon training and precepting other new nurses. The work is difficult and intense, but co-workers provided amazing teamwork. Employees are respected and supported by management, and the work culture is fun and engaging.
Insurance Benefits and Authorizations
Pre-Access Insurance Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 21, 2018
This position is an office, cubicle environment and the vast majority of your day is sitting at a computer. In the mornings there is a daily meeting with prayer, devotionals, and any announcements or changes. The culture in the work place is a very positive one but there is lack of opportunity for growth. Management prioritizes those who lead prayer or devotion.
The position consists of verifying insurance benefits and obtaining prior authorizations for outpatient, rehab, or surgery exams. You will receive paid time off but it is difficult to actually take that time off. You have to request for time off months in advance since only two people on a team of 40 people can be off at a time per day. College degrees are not recognized when discussing pay and only matter if you are trying to achieve a role as a manager or director. The hardest part of the job is being forced to listen to prayer every day and watch those who take part in it move up faster than those who do not. If you do not work at 7AM you will have to park in a shuttle lot over a mile away from the office building and a vast majority of employees make a personal choice to give up their lunch breaks to move there care to the main parking lot at the end of the day. If you miss the last shuttle you will have to Uber to your car if no one is willing to offer you a ride.
Pros
Positive environment, Benefits, Over Time, Occasional Free Food
Cons
Poor Pay, Difficult to Take Time Off, Poor Management
mission focused organization
Sr. Human Recourses Director - Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL 32701January 6, 2019
Strong culture, good place to work in healthcare. Many opportunities. Would recommend to a friend or family member. Financially stable. Needs to revisit their benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight