Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Co workers
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 23, 2018
When you have great co workers by your side, it makes it a great place to work. I knew I could always count on my co workers to help me out. There is always something to do. And the staff is overall very nice.
Grown with in the company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
My typical day at work start off as making a duty list of things that need to get done, be sure communicate with my manger of task that are complete. I am learning how to become a leader in management. This workplace bring lots of emotional and love, caring an compassionate people. The hardest part of my job is getting my manger to communicate more with employees and myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is my employees and my customers and making them happy, taking care of their needs go above and beyond,
Pros
benifits
Cons
hard to move up
Some departments are more stressful than others
Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
It can be a good and rewarding job at the best of times, more often than not it is stressful. The hospital system is going through some growing pains at the time of writing and job security and workplace satisfaction vary from day to day. The hours can be good but it varies based on department and manager.
Pros
Moderately good benifits, discount in the cafeteria and gift shop
Cons
Hospitals are Stressful, Staff and patients can be rude and irrate
it was ok
Psychological Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
I worked in Psych and my team was great I had to leave to finish schooling. Nurses were helpful and tech were busy......We basically kept the area safe and hassle free.
Change in policies
Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2018
The change in policies should keep employees and their families in mind. The company will get a better response to the change if they understood, people matter.
Promising company to work for.
Tuition Assistance Coordinator / Administration (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Florida Hospital is a great company to work for if you are able to get in. They offer great benefits, great incentives, and provide excellent services. Florida Hospital takes care of their patients and they uphold their motto, "The skill to heal, the spirit to care".
I'm happily retired fr th Fl hospital & looking forward for a new chapter of my career
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Fl.hospital,Orlando32801January 20, 2018
I had a good working experience in a friendly professional people with their main goal is to delivery the healing ministry of Christ to all patients.This Adventist Hospital operate independently in Central Fl. & a training center for various health sciences of their own college graduate.I love to see the growing health care environment with their main goal is to delivery an excellent care to the community .I am proud to retired after my 30th years of service with Fl. Hospital Orlando.Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my gratitude for the grace I received from this Company...
Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Float) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 18, 2018
It was a great job that allow me to not only use my experience but also gained experience at other practice within Florida Hospital. I was higher as a float Within facilities close to home which I had agreed to however they started assigning me to locations such as Eustis and Lake Mary in more than one occasion which I still went due to short staff and importance of the practice and my job. However my manager knew I did not have the proper transportacion that could handle the long distance traveling which ended up being tow back home after shift was completed. Unfortunately I had to make the decision to resign my job since the manager did not care and what's going to continue to send me to those location.
people are great, excpectation for nurses to fulfill to many roles
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Nurses are great, hard for great teamwork when everyone is expected to be nurse, tech, phlebotomist, to many roles for one person. Management is fine
outstanding place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2018
great place to work. excellent teamwork in the emergency room between nurses, techs, doctors, and modalities with the transportation department. also doing whatever it takes to make the patient and their family members comfortable while going to their tests. and explaning the test or procedure as best i can so that the patient and family knows about how long it will take and what to expect.
Pros
meeting different people, learning different things
Cons
short lunch breaks, non stop moving
Best company I've ever worked for
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I had to leave due to my injuries that I sustained in my role as a patient transporter. I regret ever leaving. EVERYONE is so inexplicably nice and every day you come to work, you feel like your coming into your second home!
Pros
FH discounts and other restaurant/entertainment discounts, great benefits, amazing coworkers
Cons
No accommodations for injuries
productive setting
Pharmacy technician intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
A Florida East Hospital I gained a first hand experience of the needs of patients. At times the pharmacy is calm and relaxing then it is extremely busy on the floor of the hospital. The Iv room is always what the worker makes it.
good place to work
Health Unit Coordinator, ED (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoy working for florida hospital, just need to change positions as I just graduated college. I am currently employed as a secretary and I am looking to start as a graduate nurse.
mostly a great place to work but has some issues
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Good pay, odd working hours, to many childish nurses working there, they like to play school yard games and bully the less experience nurses instead of helping them become better nurses. Management doesn't control the childish games the nurses play on new nurses.
Productive and career driven place to work.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 15, 2018
They care about their employees and I feel like a part of a family everyday I'm at work. There is room for growth opportunities and I have been able to advanced my schooling through Florida Hospital.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
it is a dirty hospital with lacking management. they are worried what the church will say more then they worry about what happens to the emplyees it sucks working there
Respected and fun environment
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
At Florida Hospital they are great people, work is fun and safe, doctor's and nurses are very respectful to everyone, it's a great environment with positive feedback
Pros
Discount on all purchase
Cons
Short breaks
Fl
Senior Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at FL Hospital that change from day shift pharmacist to overnight pharmacist was not good for my work/life balance. I left FL Hospital to due to the negative impact of overnight shifts to my family.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
overnight shifts
Fun face paced work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Loved working at Florida hospital. Fast paced environment. Great people wonderful manager. Friendly patients. Worked hand in hand with the physician daily. Learned new things everyday.
Great job and environment to work in
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2018
The Florida Hospital in Altamonte is a fulfilling place to work. There are great benefits as well as a balanced work and job life in regards to stability.
The medical billing department team is an awesome team. We collaborate and focus on improving the organization and providing care for our patients.
Fast pace, rewarding work environment.
Healthy, friendly, and clean environment. Organized electronic health records, which are easy to work with patients and staff. Good Nursing staff.
Altamonte Florida Hospital is a very good hospital. The hospital is famous for being one of the best cardiac centers in the area. The joint replacement center is very good and affordable.
Pros
Reliable, quick-paced, caring, diligent, organized, updated.
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Florida Hospital.